**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War: Making a tier 6 alliance fight a tier 5 map?

Hi all,
Would like to know your opinion? We are a tier 6 alliance... got matched up with a tier 5 opponent... and so I woke up to find that we were fighting a tier 5 map. Most guys had already placed, oblivious to the pain to come.
So, we had a tier 6 defence, full diversity, but included champs that we needed for attack (we just hadn't realised!).

The attack phase was a bloodbath! We are used to 100% clears, limited kills, so set off on our 9 paths.
And found out just how difficult the Flow Node is!
Our Magiks and Guilly2099s were in defence; none of us had crossbones ranked up (funny that...)...

0 boss kills, massive defeat...

But, the killer is... we were given tier 6 multiplier (3.4x) and rewards. We plummeted down the leaderboard as a result.
We'd spent every unit we had fighting the MUCH MUCH harder map... it was not fun, and we were not prepared.

Kabam tell me "this is working as intended". Makes me wonder the "intention" is of making a tier 6 alliance play a tier 5 map for low rewards?

We feel that it is unfair to expect an alliance to make the HUGE jump to a tier 5 map, and be rewarded with lower tier rewards.
Surely the tier 6 alliances shouldn't be expected to fight tier 5 maps without a prior warning (i.e. at the end of the previous war victory) and WITH the 4x multiplier and victory/participation rewards respectively.

Your thoughts? Ours are that, if this happens again, I'd rather use it as a practice/off-season war (no resources spent), rather than spend resources for poor return.