**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ways to get revives

I think kabam should add more ways to get revives. I know you can get 1 lvl 1 everyday from the solo event, but should be more ways to get 40% ones. I like the modok store where they put 6 in there, and a bunch of health potions. So maybe more ways like that

Comments

• Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    Nope.
    no revive hardcore mode.
    that would be better.
    don't get me wrong, i love a revive as much as the next bloke...
    but the whole revive system feeds the P2W aspect of the game.
    if its also farmable then it just kills the game.
    either no content will ever be fun.
    or they will make things even harder and you will end up needing 1000 revives just to win one fight.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

ROL Farming

You’re about 4 years too late to when you could farm revives there
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 ★★★

ROL Farming

you don't get revives from there anymore
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    There is a way to get free revives. More than 13 free ones twice a week.
    Not the most fun way, but it is a free way.
    In reality even more, but because the Battlechips are RNG you can only say 26 garanteed from that source.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    DooM62 said:

74 lvl1 revives (19 and 55 in stash) farmed in just over two weeks in prep for another abyss run, no units or refreshes used either.

How? Honest question. As far as I know, only way to get L1 revives is to be lucky in quest or 1 per day in the daily event. So how did you farm 74 in 2 weeks?
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    everytime i go on a hunt through story quest for revives it is quite time consuming and the rate of return is generally not very high.
    did you find any particular quests that offered such a good rate of return?
    how does the time spent to gather this much compare with the rewards with same time spent in arena?
  • DooM62DooM62 Posts: 31
    Yeah 4.3.6 and daily events, utilise energy well and get a bit lucky and you can bring in a few a day.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    You can get about 2 revives by doing the daily class and basic catalyst paths.

It’s mostly level 1 revives; but it’s better than nothing if you are a F2P player.
    DooM62 said:

Yeah 4.3.6 and daily events, utilise energy well and get a bit lucky and you can bring in a few a day.

totally get how you can get a few a day, and i suppose the maths adds up pretty quick. but the best i was able to do was 3 per day using only my free energy. cus the energy spent on a path once you find one is a bit.
    but the time....
    i assume you must have done everything really content wise, cus spending time and ur free energy grindin venom over and over obviously leaves no energy for other questing, means you are farming revives or grinding venom.
    also question.... are you able to autobattle venom? or do you need to manually fight the quest? cus obviously everything you can autobattle makes it easier to do when u have no time to play.

not a practical method for most people to do much of cus it takes away time and energy from other content. and obviously if u use any refils to farm revives it defeats the purpose
    FR33_HUG5 said:

You can get about 2 revives by doing the daily class and basic catalyst paths.

It’s mostly level 1 revives; but it’s better than nothing if you are a F2P player.

never ever seen a revive in the catalyst quests and i have been playing 4 years... used to run them practically every day all difficulties too.....
    can sometimes see one after 1 refresh... i have also gone 12+ refreshes without seeing one...
    anyway threads like this will likely lead to kabam dropping the spawn rate of revives. they don't want players able to farm revives. hense why they took them out of ROL once people were able to start farming them.....
    and why they fixed a quest 1.1.5 (or something around that) that had a revive on it every single time..... sometimes 2.....
    edited June 2020

OK ofcourse there is a range but even 12x refresh in sense of energy consumption / units for the energy its cheap if you get a revive

depends what else you could have done with the energy...... and time....
    is t woirth spending 2 hrs grinding a quest to find 1 revive and save 12 units? (i say 28 cus 1 20% revive + 1 lvl5 potion (28units) = same as 40% revive you can buy for 40 units).
    is that time better spent in arena?
    or pushing through other content.

maybe, maybe not..... sometimes yes... sometimes no... every time you spend your free energy here does it mean you need a refil to complete other content cus that defeats the purpose....
    all just depends where you are and what ur trying to do
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Revives are farmable in the story quest. I think there are a few act 4 and act 5 quests that people use for it. Can it take a lot of time doing it? Absolutely but why shouldn't it? It's just another instance of what I always tell people about this game when they say it's p2w. You'll always spend something, either time or money but you can get everything in this game done with either or a combination of both.
  • AdityatheaawesomAdityatheaawesom Posts: 101
    RoOOts said:

Bruhh Kabam gonna fix that now Nice one ......
  • DooM62DooM62 Posts: 31

DooM62 said:

totally get how you can get a few a day, and i suppose the maths adds up pretty quick. but the best i was able to do was 3 per day using only my free energy. cus the energy spent on a path once you find one is a bit.
    but the time....
    i assume you must have done everything really content wise, cus spending time and ur free energy grindin venom over and over obviously leaves no energy for other questing, means you are farming revives or grinding venom.
    also question.... are you able to autobattle venom? or do you need to manually fight the quest? cus obviously everything you can autobattle makes it easier to do when u have no time to play.

not a practical method for most people to do much of cus it takes away time and energy from other content. and obviously if u use any refils to farm revives it defeats the purpose
    Only have 6.3, 6.4 and abyss left to 100%, everything else finished so working on abyss for now and hopefully get some items to make finishing story a bit easier haha.

Not able to autobattle venom but a r5 morningstar with synergies makes something like two 5 hit combos followed by an sp2 a sub 10 second fight and a quick way to cycle through until a revive appears. When one does appear the short path to it are all quick fights of course.
    DooM62 said:

DooM62 said:

but the time....

Only have 6.3, 6.4 and abyss left to 100%, everything else finished so working on abyss for now and hopefully get some items to make finishing story a bit easier haha.

Not able to autobattle venom but a r5 morningstar with synergies makes something like two 5 hit combos followed by an sp2 a sub 10 second fight and a quick way to cycle through until a revive appears. When one does appear the short path to it are all quick fights of course.
    when i have done it i usually use r5 AA, a couple parry heavies and its over.... can't spend too much time doing iot. always too much content calling my name

DooM62 said:

Is 4.3.6 the Venom map we're you need only 2 steps to finish and restart the map hoping for a revive?

How often is it necessary to complete this procedure until a revive is available?
    I average at about 70 energy/per revive. Sometimes little more, sometimes little less.

And i think i average at about 5-7 tries to spawn a revive. But sometimes more, sometimes less.

If I use just my free energy, i can bring gome 3 revives a day easily.

And yeah, i don't do a lot other stuff. UC EQ is done in less than a week. the other difficulties aren't worth it. So i grind revives in 4.3.6 and heal pots in RoL and slowly but steadily crouch through hard content.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

OK ofcourse there is a range but even 12x refresh in sense of energy consumption / units for the energy its cheap if you get a revive

is t woirth spending 2 hrs grinding a quest to find 1 revive and save 12 units? (i say 28 cus 1 20% revive + 1 lvl5 potion (28units) = same as 40% revive you can buy for 40 units).

maybe, maybe not..... sometimes yes... sometimes no... every time you spend your free energy here does it mean you need a refil to complete other content cus that defeats the purpose....
    Why would you buy a lv5 potion when lv3s are easily grindable in RoL if you're trying to save units? You can't expect to save units/money without being willing to spend extra time instead

RoOOts said:

Bruhh Kabam gonna fix that now Nice one ......
    If they do that, Im going to stop playing mcoc completely. So i dont give a f... . Else im sure they know this.
    edited June 2020

Why would you buy a lv5 potion when lv3s are easily grindable in RoL if you're trying to save units? You can't expect to save units/money without being willing to spend extra time instead
    i was using just to make a comparison with time spent. just for the fact that arena grinding provides units amongst other things....
    so yeah if you want 0 cost... go farm 6.3 and ROL.... but you gotta fight WS 6 times to get the same amount of healing in a lvl 5 potion.
    is fighting WS 6 times worth 28 units is another question ask yourself?

for some people yes. for some people no. it all depends on where you are in the game and where your time is best spent.
    personally i prefer spending my time grinding arena. esp since they updated the lvl5 potion i just find ROL not worth too much. with that being said a couple of days before i did LOL recently i did farm WS hard.

i am not here complaining bout time spent to farm stuff. i am just saying to think about where your grinding / farming time is best spent.
    u may save units by not having to buy revives and potions but could you have farmed similar amounts of units plus other resources??? cus farming arena may not give you the same value in units as to what the potions are worth but yyou also get gold, crystal shards (equates to ISO), so all depends what is important to you. thats literally all i was eluding to.