**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who should WE rank up?

Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
Is this game for fun or does the true fun come from being able to beat hard content?

Who should WE rank up? 47 votes

Rank up god tier champions, I never seen 'em before but I heard they are good!
70%
LeNoirFaineantGhostspider231FallencircusDsp25nameplasVuDahYoMovesIron_SkywalkerRoOOtsGaurav_ChampAdvKade7175LmaoLegendboy2411ChampioncriticMarvel2289Xva23Cowboyschamploo1HedronKyusushui 33 votes
So what if Magneto is a LITTLE bit of a soft hitter,
29%
bdawg923Samuel030sScopeotoe987Gamesbond90KnightNvrEndingDead1Esket1t_420ArsozBaluleeBonzodavidGiodood_1TheInfintyGiuliameijIWonderWhy 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Yeah no, if you rank up Magneto you are actively pissing away gold, Iso, and catalysts. The way later acts are geared Mags will be ground into paste as he serves absolutely no function someone else doesn't do better while also doing other things. A completely useless Champion.
  • Options
    Blizzard28Blizzard28 Posts: 90
    Ranking up a meh tier champ just for fun would have been a real thing if we had a bunch of gold and iso's which is not the case currently
  • Options
    Gold and Iso is one thing, it's catalysts that's the problem here. Back when t4cc were actually in AQ and gold and alphas were plentiful I ranked up Old Man Logan pre-patch as a laugh. That was one thing. Now circumstances have changed.
  • Options
    BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    After all mcoc is just a game and the point is to have fun. It is better to rank up meh champs and have a ton of fun, then god tier champs and just complete some content.
  • Options
    What if completion IS the fun, though? That's what it is for me. It's not fun wallwoing and not improving for the top tier. That's why the player base is so restless, after all. If you want to simply rank up poor champs, that's your perogative, but it's not mine, and it's not most of the endgame players' at all.
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    You may rank up Magneto over Archangel, Havoc, or Dominio because you like his playstyle and he is one of your favorite characters, that's all fine until you get to act 5, then you will regret spending resources ranking Magneto over god tiers.
  • Options
    Giodood_1Giodood_1 Posts: 388 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    rank up whoever you want but just make sure to have someone that will carry you through a lot of stuff. like i’m taking taskmaster to r5 and using a skill ag on him if i ever pull him but i already have a ton of people to use in like story or something. he is just a fun rank up
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Rank up whoever you want, use/play with whatever champ you want, complete content in whatever way you want. And that can go in all directions: from hardcore prestige top 3 aq/aw all time every time top3 legend with every legend run, to never completed act 3 and only using a 5* ebony maw or whoever.

It’s a game, it’s supposed to be fun. How some1 interprets fun will also kinda determine how they play this game, which then again goes around to above mentioned thing.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Taking Magneto is only an example champ you use.
    I actually think it should be a good mix.
    I look both at who I 'need' and who I like.
    I have some r5 god tier champs, but I also like to play them. (Corvus and Ghost)
    I also have some r5 champs that do have their place in the game, but I mostly level them up because I like how they play or I like them from the movies (nebula)
    I also level up champs that I just like for their looks or from the comics/movies etc. I however mostly use the rank up gems for them, and not actual catalysts (Venompool)

As for 4 stars, I wanted to make 10 maxed 4* arena teams for the basic arena. It will always feel like a grind, so I purely leveled up champs I like. Eventhou the fights might take 20 seconds longer.

All in All. Make sure you have sort of a base of great champs so you can atleast make a Quest, AQ and AW team at your level. And outside of that. Rank up the champs you love playing.
  • Options
    Iron_SkywalkerIron_Skywalker Posts: 125
    i’m personally both ways. i’ve got Aegon, Quake, Fury, and Corvus... but i also have Ebony Maw. (all duped 5*... Maw still R4, not R5 YET :) )
  • Options
    007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    WE are venom.

Yours truly, dp