**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Decrease the cooldown time in VS.

The cool down is way too long for vs. Matches. Should at least be brought down by half an hour.

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    if you take the timer down by 1/3, expect the point cut off to go up by 1/3.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Cavalier wrote: »
    if you take the timer down by 1/3, expect the point cut off to go up by 1/3.

Exactly lol, everyone wants to REDUCE the grind time and here you're proposing to increase the time spent in arenas.

Remember they even increased the cool-down timers to 5 hours for 4-star champs once to reduce grinding.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I would have to disagree with this idea. I wouldn't object to an increase in the cool down timer. But mostly I think they have struck a fairly perfect balance with how they have it now based on my own experience playing the game.
  • Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 322
    edited September 2017
    @Cavalier @Superman69
    Wouldn't decreasing the cooldown allow more people to get in the pool, thus bringing down the cutoff? The elite players that have enough Champs in their roster right now can grind continuously, never wasting a minute or a champion. By the time they are done using their last champions in arena, their first ones are refreshed. Whereas, the mid teir players and below have to wait for over an hour for their Champs to refresh. If you're not a top teir player with a huge roster, you constantly lose ground. If the cooldown was less, top teir players would have overlap, and therefor wouldn't gain much ground while mid teir players would have less wait time, improving their score. And bottom teir players would also be able to reach a higher score and perhaps get in the pool.

Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong, but explain to me my mistaken thinking... Logically, it seems like it would work the way I've described but I'm not perfect, and if I'm wrong, let me know where I've taken a wrong turn.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    @Cavalier @Superman69
    Wouldn't decreasing the cooldown allow more people to get in the pool, thus bringing down the cutoff? The elite players that have enough Champs in their roster right now can grind continuously, never wasting a minute or a champion. By the time they are done using their last champions in arena, their first ones are refreshed. Whereas, the mid teir players and below have to wait for over an hour for their Champs to refresh. If you're not a top teir player with a huge roster, you constantly lose ground. If the cooldown was less, top teir players would have overlap, and therefor wouldn't gain much ground while mid teir players would have less wait time, improving their score. And bottom teir players would also be able to reach a higher score and perhaps get in the pool.

Maybe I'm thinking about this wrong, but explain to me my mistaken thinking... Logically, it seems like it would work the way I've described but I'm not perfect, and if I'm wrong, let me know where I've taken a wrong turn.

NO… you only need like a few hundred thousand points and that's childsplay to most of the scores I've ever put up
    @Mr_Otter your response seems lacking. You disagree. Fantastic. But there is no basis for your disagreement. What about what I said doesn't make sense to you? I realize you score high in arena and therefore think the 150k or 350k to get in the pool is low, but bottom teir players struggle to hit that.

Even still, even if no one new gets into the pool, wouldn't it at least make it more competitive? Like I explained before, top teir players would have overlap, so it would close the gap between mid and top teir players...
  • dougdoug Posts: 7
    It would just make the rich richer bro. Poor would still be just as poor
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    @Mr_Otter your response seems lacking. You disagree. Fantastic. But there is no basis for your disagreement. What about what I said doesn't make sense to you? I realize you score high in arena and therefore think the 150k or 350k to get in the pool is low, but bottom teir players struggle to hit that.

Even still, even if no one new gets into the pool, wouldn't it at least make it more competitive? Like I explained before, top teir players would have overlap, so it would close the gap between mid and top teir players...

No because it'd literally make it less competitive and who has more time. For example I can run my whole roster and have an hour before that first team cools down

An HOUR between sessions of like… omg I've lost count of how many 4*s… 70? Let's say 70! If the cooldown was shortened to 1-1/2 hour than that'd be a HALF hour between those sessions

Anyone who has a few days off or calls out of work or has a holiday QUICKLY get a massive bonus
    Lol. Maybe so @Mr_Otter but they lose in life if they spend their holiday grinding arena...
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    Lol. Maybe so @Mr_Otter but they lose in life if they spend their holiday grinding arena...

I got old, I have no life. :-(