**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is the current featured six star crystal the best one till now?

ragnarok_947ragnarok_947 Posts: 817 ★★★★
I think the latest featured 6 star pool is way better than what we used to get before. The ratio of useful/useless champs has considerably a huge difference.

Annihilus: Solid defender
Black Widow(DO): Latest+Good champ
Captain America: Nope
Darkhawk: Solid champ
Guilotine: Nope
Hulk: Pretty ok
Hulkbuster: Getting buffed
Human Torch: Absolute beast
Iron man IW: Good champ
Massacre: Good champ
Mister Sinister: Solid defender
M.O.D.O.K: Solid defender
Mojo: New+ Solid champ
Moleman: New+ Pretty ok
Mordo: Solid defender
Mysterio: Good champ
Night Thrasher: Solid champ
Sorcerer Supreme: New+ Solid champ
Symbiote Spiderman: Nope
Storm PX: New+ Good champ
Sunspot: Absolute beast
Terrax: New+ Solid defender
Venom the Duck: Solid champ
X-23: Good champ.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★

on what earth is guillotine a nope

Agreed, I enjoy her quite a bit, I mean, with synergies, a 2* can solo ROL fights, she'd wouldn't be bad for a speed run. Beyond that, yes, this is probs the best 6* featured so THANK YOU KABAM. Only 2 trash champs.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    The last 2 features were overall terrible because they had amazing champs as the big prize...2 crystals ago Warlock, last crystal Doom...who didn’t need to be awakened to be r2 even r3 worthy. Torch and Sunspot are great but not in that class so they had to put more good champs and less trash to make the crystals worthwhile.

Personally I’m a big fan of overall quality vs the all or nothing chance of the last 2 features.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

I don't like her personally .Opinions may vary.
    That sucks, she’s great. @H_I_Z explaiend her potential really well, plus she has the best storylines.
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★

That sucks, she’s great. @H_I_Z explaiend her potential really well, plus she has the best storylines.
    Agreed, Her storyline is epic, I liked the november event a lot and explored the event quest on normal, I then proceed to r4 that 3* guillotine. My 4* is at sig 35, r4 and my 2* is at r2. She has bleed, crits, heal reversal, and an abundance of damage
    H_I_Z said:

Agreed, Her storyline is epic, I liked the november event a lot and explored the event quest on normal, I then proceed to r4 that 3* guillotine. My 4* is at sig 35, r4 and my 2* is at r2. She has bleed, crits, heal reversal, and an abundance of damage
    my two star is 3/30, still don’t have anything higher. Future Prometheus was epic, can’t wait for them to continue it.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    The thing is that nobody's ranking Guilly over one of the proven champs. Outside of soloing RoL Wolverine she has very little actual use in the current meta. I don't use her except as synergy juice to my Morningstar and G2099.

Source: Someone who has 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6* Guillotine
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    IMO you’re underrating symbiote spidey, with the stealth spidey synergy my 1/25 5 star hits 8k crits on his sp2. Also his armor break on heavy lasts 80 sec for some reason.
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    WhAt AbOuT tHe BaSiC?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

The thing is that nobody's ranking Guilly over one of the proven champs. Outside of soloing RoL Wolverine she has very little actual use in the current meta. I don't use her except as synergy juice to my Morningstar and G2099.

I’m ranking my Gully. I have my five star at r4 and I was gonna take her to r5, but I pulled the six star one from the featured so I’ll be taking her to r2 once I dupe her.

YoMoves said:

I’m ranking my Gully. I have my five star at r4 and I was gonna take her to r5, but I pulled the six star one from the featured so I’ll be taking her to r2 once I dupe her.
    That's your choice then. You're of an extreme minority-there are better mystics, and Guillotine is of note for being one of only three mystics who have no way of nullifying an enemy's buffs. Mordo and Unstoppable Colossus are the other two-not a great class to be in.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    I’m never find anyone worth 15k with those ods terrible ods
    edited June 2020
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

That's your choice then. You're of an extreme minority-there are better mystics, and Guillotine is of note for being one of only three mystics who have no way of nullifying an enemy's buffs. Mordo and Unstoppable Colossus are the other two-not a great class to be in.
    that’s because Mordo instead does damage for each buff over time

Edit: and Guillotine can massive damage potential, I’ve seen her do almost 700K as a two star
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

Well you don’t use Guillotine to deal with enemies buffs, you use her for bleed, sustainability, heal reversal, and sp3 damage. Not every mystic needs to be buff control champion.

YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

Edit: and Guillotine can massive damage potential, I’ve seen her do almost 700K as a two star
    Note: I said *outside of soloing RoL Wolverine.*

And that's a niche that Guilly 2099 can even fill herself while being a much better champion in general.

The damage and skill ceiling for Guillotine Classic is very low and she carries little utility. There are much better Champions. Granted, there's also worse, but Guilly wouldn't be on my top 20 rankup list.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

Mordo isn't that good at all. Og guilly has great numbers, but again takes forever to rampup. Spidey, before you make opinions on meme rankups on characters such as symbiote spidey you have to keep in mind that not everyone thinks that way.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I’m just really Glad to see X-23 as a 6* now
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Edeuink said:

IMO you’re underrating symbiote spidey, with the stealth spidey synergy my 1/25 5 star hits 8k crits on his sp2. Also his armor break on heavy lasts 80 sec for some reason.

If big yellow numbers were the only reason to rank up a champion, everyone would have Cull at r5. Sym Spidey sucks.
    edited June 2020
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

Note: I said *outside of soloing RoL Wolverine.*

And that's a niche that Guilly 2099 can even fill herself while being a much better champion in general.

The damage and skill ceiling for Guillotine Classic is very low and she carries little utility. There are much better Champions. Granted, there's also worse, but Guilly wouldn't be on my top 20 rankup list.
    I saw that damage on a screenshot of her vs RoL Winter Soldier, not Wolverine

edit: just saw the photo lol, 300K not 700K
    edited June 2020
    ...I'd like to see a universe where 2* Guillotine can do 300,000 damage in a single hit. Because I've never seen this before ever.

Note: The souls mechanic is iffy and works nowhere outside of RoL. And even IN RoL low-level Guillotines can't do enough damage to keep the souls up.
    YoMoves said:

...I'd like to see a universe where 2* Guillotine can do 300,000 damage in a single hit. Because I've never seen this before ever.

Note: The souls mechanic is iffy and works nowhere outside of RoL. And even IN RoL low-level Guillotines can't do enough damage to keep the souls up.

Can’t find the two star photo, but found a three star one from @Magrailothos:

• FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Kennado said:

Edeuink said:

If big yellow numbers were the only reason to rank up a champion, everyone would have Cull at r5. Sym Spidey sucks.
    This right here. Damage means nothing in this game if you have to spend 40 revives being able to get there. Also Sym Spidey's damage is not that much by today's standards. 37k for a r5 isn't really ground breaking when champs like corvus, Cap IW, Ghost, etc can do it with much better utiltiy
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Knation said:

I think it’s the best in terms of just getting a good champion
    Not many insane champions in it though

That’s my thought process. Sure there are a ton of great champs but to justify spending extra on the 4-8 champs that bring anything new to my roster? I guess it’s more for people that have a lot of 6* already.

YoMoves said:

'Note: The souls mechanic is iffy and works nowhere outside of RoL. And even IN RoL low-level Guillotines can't do enough damage to keep the souls up.'
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

'Note: The souls mechanic is iffy and works nowhere outside of RoL. And even IN RoL low-level Guillotines can't do enough damage to keep the souls up.'
    it’s with synergies, but the main synergy champion is great as well
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

it’s with synergies, but the main synergy champion is great as well
    Fame at last!

Someone with more skill and patience than me could certainly do it with a 2/20.

She only needs two synergy partners to do this trick by the way - Morningstar (who's a good champ) and either Ronin or Gamora (who are both okay, if not amazing).

MS makes her souls last longer, and the other two both have synergies that let her gain souls by other means.

Like @StevieManWonder said, she's good for bleed damage and sustainability (once she's Awakened, she's amazingly sustainable with her life steal). Hmmm. I wonder how much that Life Steal could help clear a Gimme path?

Anyway @YoMoves, you're right in that the soul mechanic is a major limitation, but there are synergies that help you get around it, even outside ROL. Certainly you can sustain a soul count around 10 or so in normal content, but no, of course you can't really play offensively enough to build up 30 souls like I did above. Guilly probably classes in the okay/occasionally useful group, and certainly isn't a bad champ. If you like her (and she does look pretty cool - her SP3 is a work of art) you can build a team to clear content whilst having fun. Which is, let's face it, the purpose of the game.

I can't say I'd be thrilled to pull her from a Featured crystal, but would be happy enough to get her from a basic; just because she's a bit of fun to play with.