**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Venom or medusa

Should i take unawakened venom or awakened medusa to r5? I like playing venom and he's a staple in my normal quest team but im not sure medusa's utility outweighs venom

Comments

• Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    Venom can do more
  • Slevin73Slevin73 Posts: 91
    Vedusa
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I prefer venom
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Venom. Shuts down All spiders.
    Havok counter, armor break heavy. Heal... Love Him!
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Venom is overall better champ. Medusa is great too though. Choose who suits you more, any you choose can’t go bad 😉
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Venom.

Medusa's utility of armor breaks, shutting down robots, and poison immunity aren't as useful compared to Venom across a wide range of content. Medusa is specifically useful for certain robot bosses to prevent their abilities from activating, but it is a more limited number.

Venom has armor buff to counteract Havok, armor break on heavy (useful against robots, Killmonger, Ghost, etc), some regen on SP1, some buff nullification ability on SP1, ignores Spider-verse champion evades (they are annoying to fight just because of their evades), can apply bleeds (useful against the Thing), and his true strike when defenders are at low health counteracts some abilities (eg. IMIW auto-block)

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I got both at rank 4, I honestly don't know who's best. My Medusa is unawakened, so I can bring her to all match-ups that Venom can't (spite, burden of might, pilfer,...). I do bring Venom to AW, he's the better IMIW and spidey counter. Havok is decent but out of your control, I only use him if my Warlock can't. But Medusa's armor shatter is unmatched.