**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss Path 2 advice needed

ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
Looking to run my 2nd abyss path just after July 4th, looking for any advice on masteries and team please.

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    You gotta get that Torch up to r2 for starters. You should take in a Mystic nullifier (Either Doom, Sym, or Claire, people debate still who is the best option), Ægon obviously, Torch (for Deadpool, he’s a must), Void, and Night Monkey for Luke Cage (if you have him, I don’t see him but I don’t know if he is just below r4 or if you don’t have him). If you don’t have Night Monkey, you need to bring in someone to deal with Luke Cage.
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★

You gotta get that Torch up to r2 for starters. You should take in a Mystic nullifier (Either Doom, Sym, or Claire, people debate still who is the best option), Ægon obviously, Torch (for Deadpool, he’s a must), Void, and Night Monkey for Luke Cage (if you have him, I don’t see him but I don’t know if he is just below r4 or if you don’t have him). If you don’t have Night Monkey, you need to bring in someone to deal with Luke Cage.

What is the issue with LC? I only have a 4* night monkey. Torch to r2 is very doable, do I need despair and if so, how many points?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    ImGodMF said:

What is the issue with LC? I only have a 4* night monkey. Torch to r2 is very doable, do I need despair and if so, how many points?
    If I remember correctly, LC goes unblockable and unstoppable every thirty seconds and Night Monkey counters that unstoppable with his slow debuff. Lagacy has a solo video of it that you should watch. Though any slow champ can do it so if you have Spidergwen or She-Hulk, you can use them. You can do Deadpool with Torch without Despair since each one his incinerates reduces healing by 20%, but it’s easier to do it if you have even just one point in despair so you have an easier time keeping the healing reduced.

ImGodMF said:

If I remember correctly, LC goes unblockable and unstoppable every thirty seconds and Night Monkey counters that unstoppable with his slow debuff. Lagacy has a solo video of it that you should watch. Though any slow champ can do it so if you have Spidergwen or She-Hulk, you can use them. You can do Deadpool with Torch without Despair since each one his incinerates reduces healing by 20%, but it’s easier to do it if you have even just one point in despair so you have an easier time keeping the healing reduced.
    Really appreciate the advice and insight mate, I can afford 1 point in despair to help with that. I'll take a look at the Luke Cage fight and see what I come up with.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I've done 2 paths with Luke Cage on it. He was far and away the biggest item sink in Abyss so far. People like stealth spidey and she hulk can solo with a lot of skill. I've opted for the more grind-intensive method of just using Aegon and reviving when necessary. When you get your heavy enhancement, you can use that to bait intercepts (which is how you can shut off the unblockable/unstoppable Luke Cage triggers). Plus, this method allows you to build up Aegon early in the run.

Your best bet is to find a map of Abyss and plan your route to suit your roster. It's possible that the standard map won't fit your roster. You can make small tweaks to customize your run.

I've done 2 paths with Luke Cage on it. He was far and away the biggest item sink in Abyss so far. People like stealth spidey and she hulk can solo with a lot of skill. I've opted for the more grind-intensive method of just using Aegon and reviving when necessary. When you get your heavy enhancement, you can use that to bait intercepts (which is how you can shut off the unblockable/unstoppable Luke Cage triggers). Plus, this method allows you to build up Aegon early in the run.

Your best bet is to find a map of Abyss and plan your route to suit your roster. It's possible that the standard map won't fit your roster. You can make small tweaks to customize your run.

Thanks mate, I'll take a look and see what I can do. Aegon is my best bet as She hulk is r3 and I have no Stealthy.