**HOTFIX AND GOODIES**
Our latest Hotfix is now live for both iOS and Android! Please manually update your game. Additionally, because of the bugs’ impact on energy refill consumption, we have provided summoners with Energy Refills and a few other items to assist in the Contest! Sign in and check your messages now to claim yours!

Need some info regarding Masochism

WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
edited September 2017 in Strategy and Tips
t5ugcbvc2w2a.png
Could anyone please help in explaining what is exaclty meant to happen with Masochism? And also, would Masochism "nullify" Cap Americas SP1&2 induced stun? Reason for asking is because I had a fight and The animation of Stun apppeared, but the opponent was not. Thanks for the help!

Comments

  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Masochism is instant buff removal similar to that of crossbones

    And it always procs unless its on cooldown

    Better not bring champs that do few debuffs
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Or debuff them to hell and keep bashing them. WIth a lot of debuffs you can get your parry stuns in quite a bit, still helps to do most of the work with intercepting and baiting specials/heavies.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Thanks for the tips folks. So am I correct in assuming that Caps Sp1 induced stun is considered a buff? And is Parry also considered to be a buff? I've posted this short clip of a fight and was curious if its normal that the STUN animation appears in this type of buff/debuff/node situation. I ask about Parry because its happened intermittently where it did the same as Caps Sp1 stun and at times worked as "normal". Thanks for the help!
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    All stuns are debuffs, regardless if they come from a special or parry. With Masochism, it will automatically remove a debuff....then Masochism takes 7 seconds to reset (you will see a timer on the enemy's side). During that 7 seconds your debuffs will apply normally to the enemy. Thor is a good champ if you are thrown off by parry not working....when he parries it applies an armor break along with the stun.....Masochism removes the armor break...but the stun will still hold.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Sorry, Apparently the video clip file is not allowed.... I'm using DU recorder which Ive seen others use and post successfully, which is odd......
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    @Solswerd , thanks for the info! I had no idea that all stuns were debuffs. And the 7sec timer would explain the intermittent success of my Parrys. Just leaves my last "head scratcher" to be explained..... Just need to find a way to get the video to post. Working on it now.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    WOK wrote: »
    @Solswerd , thanks for the info! I had no idea that all stuns were debuffs. And the 7sec timer would explain the intermittent success of my Parrys. Just leaves my last "head scratcher" to be explained..... Just need to find a way to get the video to post. Working on it now.

    What was your last head scratcher?
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    @Solswerd ,The animation of STUN appears above REGENERATION, which would be the Masochism triggering if I'm not mistaken. But obviously no stun inflicted. Is that normal? Many times I tend to go by the words animated rather than how the champ appears, if that makes some sense, and its led to me getting pummeled. Lol
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    @wok
    Since the enemy is not stun-immune or debuff-immune, I am guessing that technically stun is applied for .0000001 seconds causing the word to appear. You are correct that the regen is caused by the removal of that stun
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited September 2017
    9c1913brvca3.png
    3ywocirj5ff5.png
    vhrn5v8n4ugb.png

    These are a few screenshots that hopefully are clear enough to see... The bottom pic is actually the beginning, when Gamora is hit with Sp1and on the ground, the animation pops up, which is my usual greenlight to immediately dash atk. If you can make out that she's actually blocking my atk as the animation is still up for approx 2 to 3 sec.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    WOK wrote: »
    9c1913brvca3.png
    3ywocirj5ff5.png
    vhrn5v8n4ugb.png

    These are a few screenshots that hopefully are clear enough to see...

    Yeah, it is functioning correctly....it says stun since you have to apply the debuff for Masochism to take it away. (regardless if it actually stuns the opponent) The gray timer icon under Gamora's health bar is the Masochism timer.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    @Solswerd ,Awesome advice and explaination to all my questions! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help me learn more details and nuances of this game, which quite frankly there are many more for me to learn still.......after over 2yrs playing. LOL
    But getting help from someone like you in the community makes it much more enjoyable to learn something new!
    I have witnessed 1st hand and read many posts of great members in the community reaching out to help, but sadly twice as many with only negative views. The MCOC community is in desperate need of many more helpful members like yourself IMO. Thanks again for all your time and help!
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    WOK wrote: »
    @Solswerd ,Awesome advice and explaination to all my questions! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help me learn more details and nuances of this game, which quite frankly there are many more for me to learn still.......after over 2yrs playing. LOL
    But getting help from someone like you in the community makes it much more enjoyable to learn something new!
    I have witnessed 1st hand and read many posts of great members in the community reaching out to help, but sadly twice as many with only negative views. The MCOC community is in desperate need of many more helpful members like yourself IMO. Thanks again for all your time and help!

    Anytime :)
Sign In or Register to comment.