**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can someone explain how the armor rating system works?

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
edited June 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hey everyone,

This might sound like a noob question but I'm struggling to understand how the armor/damage/critical damage rating works and how does one calculate the benefits in percentage form.

I've noticed that there's a "damage rating" and a "crit damage rating"... What's the difference? I want to say one is base while the other is damage based on Crits but I'm not sure.

Take the Rhino and Abomination synergy for example: they grant a armor rating amount but if I was to include Modok and Red Skull, it gives Villains 20% armor. Does that mean (whatever the percentage of armor rating) x 0.2%?

Overall, I'm trying to learn how much benefits each synergy can grant me since sometimes I get several bonus critical rating through synergies but I don't know how much benefit I'm reaping.

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    This is a pretty complex topic that I'm not smart enough to understand lol. The numbers we are given like 1000 armor rating can't really be directly converted into percentages. For synergies that give flat percentage buffs, I'm not totally sure. Diminishing returns also plays a part so the numbers are usually off from what they would otherwise be.

Crit damage rating controls the bonus damage dealt when you land a critical hit. Damage rating is just general damage and applies to everything. For example, you could have a one million crit damage rating, but if you never crit, you would never notice it, whereas a one million attack rating will make all of your attacks hit like a truck. Hope this very rough explanation helped!
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    I think Kabam should have a page where they explain in detail how this system works for new beginners. It would be incredibly helpful and it would encourage new players to look into synergies and ways to increase crit damage/armor rating

@Kabam Miike