**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A simple solution to Time spent doing EQs

Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
Hi,

As a developer and long-time game player, I never have understood why we have to do beginner, normal, hard, uncollected, cavalier or whatever tiers they have when there are quests that have multiple difficulties.

A simple change to the game could make QOL so much better for everyone in the contest:

Why not make it so that if we beat uncollected or cavalier or epic or master or whatever level of difficulty the summoner can complete, we automatically get all the rewards from ALL the tiers below that difficulty. This way you only have to ever run thru an EQ one time if you are doing the top difficulty. If you do master and then decide to do uncollected later on, that’s fine but you only will get the epic rewards that time. Basically, completing any difficulty will autocomplete all difficulties below it and grant you all the rewards from them.

This would really help with burnout and allow people to not have to auto fight thru difficulties that are too easy for them. You shoot for the highest difficulty you can beat and that’s basically it each month. When cavalier is released, I would only have to do that difficulty and all the rest would also show completed/explored once I did cavalier and it would make monthly EQs and special monthly EQs like gwenpool goes to movies or whatever so much more fun and faster to do. And there is no punishment to the summoner because they spend less time, focus only on the difficulty they want to complete and get all the rewards from all difficulties below it,

Am I crazy to think this should be how the game should have been designed?

Thanks for feedback!

Comments

• Options
    RigidRigid Posts: 152
    The time is definitely an issue and there is no fun at all in autoplaying content. The energy use in doing them all is just as annoying though and this will solve both.
  • Options
    TheMightyJonTheMightyJon Posts: 52
    To be honest if you want to just UC difficulty that's obviously fine but you can't expect to just automatically get the rewards for the other difficulties as you've not spent the time or energy doing them. Personally as I have everything but Abyss exploration done I just chip away at the other difficulties whenever I have energy and time to spare and I want a break from other game modes or to get some points for completion.
    I wouldn't necessarily want to just autocomplete all difficulties as I'd have nothing to do and a number of the rewards aren't that relevant to my progress point either. I mean it's not as though you have to complete all difficulties?
  • Options
    Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 95
    As a deverloper you should realize that the time spent in the game makes you more obsessed with the game and makes you spend more money on it
  • Options
    BloothoofdBloothoofd Posts: 1
    Perpaps it would be an idea, to auto complete an uncompleted path in the "lower" difficulties at the normal energy cost.
    for example; when you complete uncollected EQ (100%).. you should have an option to auto complete one single path in master 1.1 at the cost of 21 energy (still, this is example)..
    in master 3.2 the cost would be 63 energy.

If your current energy meter isn't sufficient, you will get the option to use energy refills. Just as it is, but now BEFORE you start the path.
    So it'll cost you the energy (and optionally the energy refills).
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    I think this is a good idea but then again people find a way to complain about free stuff. Somebody above me said that you don’t deserve the rewards if you don’t do the grind. Guess what? I’ve already done it except I’ve done a HARDER version of that same grind. No point of having to do it again 5 (soon to be 6) times over. I dont think though that this should apply to the Cavalier EQ when it comes out though. UC EQ probably shouldn’t be auto-completeable but maybe as the meta changes we could see that.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Then legend runs would die out
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I just don’t find having the time to clear EQ being a problem. Especially when the side event uses no energy(like this month). Sometimes the side events that are energy sinks can be a problem and should always be 0 energy imo. it hard to have the time energy in a month to clear EQ.

Not sure where the time is being spent. I have enough time to clear UC and Master and auto fight beginner/Normal/heroic every month while still clearing other content. We get plenty of energy refills too these days.