Options

Small tweak to Taskmaster to make him more useful

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
His debuff immunity mechanic is very interesting, but really is only useful for two champs: MS with her refreshable bleed (as opposed to stacking), and a long Void fight. Most other times debuffs that you really don’t want are DoT, which will still eat at your health while in the process of becoming immune.

My proposal is this: each time he exploits weakness, he either gains a 1 second debuff that has no effect, or he simply gains the +10% resistance as noted in his abilities.

This would allow him to be useful for fights where debuffs are rampant but getting to immunity will take massive chunks of your health away. It would also encourage more play of an already pretty alright champ, and make him useful unduped.

Comments

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    problem with taskmaster is, close to no one knows how he actually is supposed to work
  • Options

problem with taskmaster is, close to no one knows how he actually is supposed to work

He isn’t THAT complicated; definitely more complex than the majority of champs, but it’s not too crazy. Giving him reasonable access to full debuff immunity will encourage players to try him out and dig into the champ.
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★

Well, that explains your user name in here. For I clearly know how he works and know the best rotation to use him.
    He is fun
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

His debuff immunity mechanic is very interesting, but really is only useful for two champs: MS with her refreshable bleed (as opposed to stacking), and a long Void fight.

Great Havok counter too
  • Options
    edited June 2020

His debuff immunity mechanic is very interesting, but really is only useful for two champs: MS with her refreshable bleed (as opposed to stacking), and a long Void fight.

Great Havok counter too
    Really? Wouldn’t the debuffs have to detonate or does it just sit at 10 plasma debuffs

Edit: I just tried it and it looks like only a single debuff detonates, so now you have a permanent willpower active. Very interesting
  • Options
    Eternal_Tripod83Eternal_Tripod83 Posts: 84
    Yes perfect havok counter aside from class disadvantage. Also useful for annihilus and aarkus, he shuts down their abilities quick. Annihilus loses his unstoppable effect fast cause all the stacks of stifle. when you move away from aarkus and the coldsnap disappears it counts as a debuff and the next one that activates is separate. You can move back and forth into his block and become immune in seconds. Also good for sunspots low level incinerates and bwcv.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Yes perfect havok counter aside from class disadvantage. Also useful for annihilus and aarkus, he shuts down their abilities quick. Annihilus loses his unstoppable effect fast cause all the stacks of stifle. when you move away from aarkus and the coldsnap disappears it counts as a debuff and the next one that activates is separate. You can move back and forth into his block and become immune in seconds. Also good for sunspots low level incinerates and bwcv.

He's not good for BWCV, since she's better against debuff immune champions, so Taskmaster's immunity would be a bad choice against her.
  • Options
    Eternal_Tripod83Eternal_Tripod83 Posts: 84
    Bwdo. Autocorrect hasn’t learned that one yet ;). Also squirrel girl. I’m sure there are more this is just who I’ve had success against