**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Map 5 Human Torch 2nd Mini

RigidRigid Posts: 152
This guy is way to difficult for for a map 5 mini. The 7 second buffet really is too much.

I know there a few ways to get passed him but honestly compared to the other map 5 minis and even the map 6 minis he is overpowererd on that node.

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Yeah, need something like Aegon to keep dealing block damage

Red Hulk that will convert the incinerate to heat charge literally makes him “immune”.

Clairvoyant can work, but need to be fast to reach Curse Of hell phase to remain incinerate immune before HT’s incinerate takes you down because the Hell phase would do ok to deal enough burst damage sp2 to overdamage the buffet healing.

I’m sure there are more
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Void is the perfect option for that fight, he can just reverse the regen and easy game easy life, you can also use quake she gets an easy solo except when mod is tranquility, big damage champions can get it down, for example namor works well, I have seen people do it with stark Spider-Man and stealth, and that is all I can think of for now
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Red Hulk that will convert the incinerate to heat charge literally makes him “immune”.

Clairvoyant can work, but need to be fast to reach Curse Of hell phase to remain incinerate immune before HT’s incinerate takes you down because the Hell phase would do ok to deal enough burst damage sp2 to overdamage the buffet healing.

I’m sure there are more

Claire doesn’t work he has a node where when he has 7 smoulder and 20 temperature he will go into nova flame and nova flames will murder Claire and she will get him to those thresholds because she is a mystic
  • HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    Definitely the hardest of the 3 map 5 minis. Would be nice if they just took off the bleed immunity. The obvious choice is void. I haven’t personally tried it, but warlock can passive heal block, so that could work too. I’ve been most successful with Red Hulk. They key though is to just suck it up and take the block damage on specials to avoid dexing.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Quake works for him well.

I just recently dialed back to a retirement alliance and have found she easily takes both HT minis
  • SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★
    Void work pretty good for me
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★

Thing is immune to nullify and therefore buffet, so no regen to deal with

Yah, but first u need a thing.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I just use corvus and spend the 6 units to turn dex off for the fight. It's cheaper than a health pot.
  • RigidRigid Posts: 152
    edited June 2020
    I'm not saying their isn't counters but difficulty level compared to other minis is a bit much.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Daddrieda said:

I’m sure there are more

Using claire is not a good option you will lose 60% health before you reach curse of hell, I have used Quake, NF and namor all
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    I got him down with my 5/65 blade, built up to 3 bars so the incinerates were essentially irrelevant then just fought it like a normal fight. Finished with 50% health but it was only day 1
  • MightyDZAMightyDZA Posts: 19
    Wasn't one of the points that most were arguing for in basically every complaint ever to somehow lessen the reliance on specific champs? Basically it's Void or bust. Seems counterintuitive. Just saying.
  • RigidRigid Posts: 152
    Yeah, if you don't have one of the counters mentioned you just heal him.

Having a good counter should make him easier but shouldn't prevent people with other champs from killing him.

The heal is to often and too high.
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 366 ★★★
    I use Havok or Void. Void to reverse regen.
    Havok is more technical, but it involves a lot of parry, very few hits except 1 sp1 (speeds up plasma), then only heavy’s to keep feedback on until sp3, then dead.
    Every time you parry you get another plasma and he takes reduced energy damage.
    But obviously if you hit torch too much his smoulders go up.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    HaVOk
    Look, there are already a few threads on this, you can search for them, and you'll find a good number of tips on the matter.

Hence why Void is the best of the best for that matchup... you can more or less fight it like a normal fight, hence Havok SP1 heavies SP3... and CAPiw Parry heavy method... again its unorthodox. So void is like made for that fight, Immune to Incinerate so smoulder build up doing matter...

Luciano

You don't need to throw SP 1 with havok, just block everything. His energy resist basically means half damage on everything you take, and free plasma gain as well.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Rigid said:

Yeah, if you don't have one of the counters mentioned you just heal him.

Having a good counter should make him easier but shouldn't prevent people with other champs from killing him.

The heal is to often and too high.

If u turn off dex u can use any champ to face him.
  • YorkshireLadYorkshireLad Posts: 19
    I use Stark Spidy.
    Parry 5 hit combo, then build poise with occasional hit to build HT to his L1.
    He will regen each time you dex to build your poise to 7 or 8 but he’s 100% health at this point anyway.
    Auto evade will help dodge specials & your damage output overpowers any regen.
    Can easily 1 shot HT on day 5
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 572 ★★★
    This guy needs the buffet took off.. one mess up and that's 28k health Regen.. Very limited options and pretty tough for map 5 mini boss
    I just use havok, block block block all day
    I've got a recent rank 4 void, but haven't tested him yet because my alliance hasn't done map 5 for a while.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I am looking forward to the crying when we have g2099 as miniboss. That block damage is doing to be massive
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    Max Sig cap with skill on team. Heavy parry sp3 heavy parry till death. Take sp1 on block, cap doesn't take much damage. Any incinerate he gets, gets shrugged. I take him everytime in AQ. But gotta agree that not everyone can have a max Sig cap.