**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dev Diary: Amping Up Alliances

123457»

Comments

• Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★

You say here that you want to make war rewards relevant and yet you have so far refused to acknowledge the disparity between the rewards for gold tiers downwards and those in the higher tiers. Will you be updating theses lower tier rewards or alienating the majority of your player base for this season @Kabam Miike
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Dart1981 said:

You say here that you want to make war rewards relevant and yet you have so far refused to acknowledge the disparity between the rewards for gold tiers downwards and those in the higher tiers. Will you be updating theses lower tier rewards or alienating the majority of your player base for this season @Kabam Miike

It’s relevant for that tier I guess. If you think it’s too little for your effort, then hop into a higher tiered alliance if they will accept you.
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 260 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    Chimpyboy said:

As someone who has been an officer in 3 different Gold 1/2 alliances, this part scares the hell out of me. To be brutally honest, every alliance except maybe the "best of the best" have those handful of guys who really just need to be led by the hand and told what to do. They might be skilled players, but strategy and big picture stuff isn't in their wheelhouse. Or they simply don't have the history in the game to realize the downsides to their decisions.

Please do not enable an individual player to be able to make a strategic choice that will either make or break a war, or cause some kind of subsequent penalty/debuff to be put on their teammates.

Between getting players to log in and clear their paths and constantly nagging everyone to read chat and coordinate better - officers don't need the additional worry that player X, Y, or Z "going rogue" and doing something we don't want them to do.

Sure - we can always keep booting people until we find the perfect blend of skill and decision-making, but the grind of AW has already made recruiting an insufferable slog...when we find someone who can play, unless they are a complete jerk to everyone, we prefer to just keep them.

Absolutely agree!!!

They sound very vague so who knows what they plan but I don't see this having any good outcome.

Why have a leader and officers if any Tom, **** and Harry can modify, make alli critical decisions and move things around?

Over 3 years as a Leader, I've seen numerous highly skilled players, and other players who have zero idea what they're talking about, and players who want to put in their two cents but care nothing about the health or longetivity of the alli, who would break an alli within two days if ever their stupid suggestions was taken into account, the way they think things should be run or organized. Yes, not to mention the occasional jerk that would intentionally sabottage things if given the opportunity.

Please, KBM, scrap this idea before you even try it. It's clear as day it's going to be terrible.

If players want to do more or have more responsibility: they only got to apply to be officers or start their own allis.

Perhaps because leaders and officers ask kbm to improve things on our end, they think if they open up tools so everyone can have power it will ease our task... It most definitely WON'T! I see allis having a hard time even existing at all if this is put in place.
  • KaspyKaspy Posts: 154 ★★★

Can we get some clarification on what “ removing first set of linked nodes” means?

Does this mean that all linked nodes up to the first mini will be removed?
  • sailesh509sailesh509 Posts: 35
    this season aw matchmaking is trash a better way is to match alliances with alliance rating rather than their war rating pls
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

this season aw matchmaking is trash a better way is to match alliances with alliance rating rather than their war rating pls

No it isn’t, that’s a terrible way to match them.
  • sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    It is true that the AW is the most competitive place and the only place where we compete almost directly against other players and alliances. I say almost because it is not in real time, but a simulation. So there should be complexity in the challenge, but the difficulty in minor leagues like silver and gold is exaggerated. It seemed sensible and correct for Kabam to increase the difficulty and expose many alliances to challenges that harm them immediately, such as the new match, where alliances of more than 6 million or more of difference faced each other, driving the strongest and submerging to the unfortunate ones who faced them without possibility. So the logic is simple and even a child or a dog understands that if the sacrifice is greater the reward must be greater. In this painful panorama I am seeing that instead of pushing the development and participation of the lowest alliances and wanting to grow and excel, they are encouraging them to stop participating. This is where I see a step back in the development day, what bothers me most is that we have to do testers and deal directly with problems and have to propose solutions, we are non-employed customers. It is not easy to develop and everyone is happy, but if they were more committed and did things well with a longer time of planning and development such as the much commented roadmap, we would have had fewer problems from much earlier and better early solutions with better quality of life for a long time.
  • Space_gooSpace_goo Posts: 127
    AW being designed to not complete maps is horrible for QoL.

First, not completing will psychologically mess with competitive people

Second, we have to lock up 8 champs, for the whole duration of attack? Give us a "quit" option, so we can say, "screw this," then go on with our progression
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    To echo about the first set of linked nodes comment above, is that going live today? The dev diary said it is but you don’t have it in the forum post to this thread.

That is the change I’m most excited about bc it’s going to make life so much easier dealing with work schedules and time zones.
  • Danielito2kDanielito2k Posts: 7
    Terrible Experience in aw. Getting some champs disadvantages over others it’s just terrible. Aw is already is already buff and getting even more buff specially unstoppable, it’s just Evil, instead of making a more joyful experience the aw it’s actually worst than before.