**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A Very Fluffy Roadmap. Let's Break It Down Anyway.

RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
And here it is, eventually, the alliance roadmap. It’s definitely not as exciting as the quest roadmap but there is certainly some interesting stuff here and a lot of fluff. A lot.

Leadership tools:

I mean, these are brilliant. I can’t deny that. I’m not even an officer and I like this. I would kill to see the officer chat in my alliance right now because their job just got so much easier and I am sure they are thrilled.

Not much else I can say on this without being an officer but I’m happy for all our officers out there.

Alliance War:

First off, I’m glad they established the current ****show that is AW was made before everything blew up. That’s...reassuring? I’m glad they’re making more regular updates and removing the pain points soon. Also glad to see the ‘no 100%ing’ mentality is being thrown, it was an awful design philosophy to begin with. Why? Because people are always going to 100%, no matter how much it costs them. That’s how this game is.

I don’t think I need to talk about the new map. We know what it’s like and what needs to be done.

Defence tactics. Can we just get rid of them? One is always going to be more powerful than the others and it’s always going to end up with everyone running it. It just makes war annoying and the attacker tactics don’t seem to be doing much to address it. Good luck landing a heavy attack on a Mojo Flow boss.

Rewards are raised an issue again. Plat 3 and above saw a substantial rewards increase. Below that got screwed. Happy to see this has been acknowledged, and hopefully a solution is in the works

One thing I do want to point out here is that they mention the possibility of a ‘training room’, which I have seen suggested so many times I can’t believe it has taken this long for the idea to be acknowledged. Just do it. Please.

As for the future of wars, I agree, AW needs to be torn down and completely rebuilt. It’s a lot of fluff here, but a couple of points are worth raising. Firstly, the ‘one loss and season is ruined problem’. Don’t know what solution is being proposed but this is a major pain point. Secondly, the ‘war hero’ section mentions that they want an individual’s actions and choices to impact a war’s outcome.

That sounds extremely stressful if done wrong. Get it right. Don’t make it punishing. Maybe adding something like hacks could work? Choosing the correct hack for the right miniboss could be an interesting way to do it. Just an on the fly idea though.

Alliance Quest:

This is the most positive section by a mile I’m glad to report.

I’m not a Map 7 player so I’m not aware of what fights are being addressed, but from the sounds of it, yeah, those original fights sound awful. I’m sure a lot of Map 7 runners are incredibly glad to see these changes. Might be worth creating an AW node/Grandmaster feedback like thread for Map 7 so all the pain points are covered. Unless they already have been, as I said, I don’t play Map 7, but the cynic in me says that there are probably still a lot of problem fights.

Energy. Dear god, yes! Not as far as I think we all wanted them to go but this is 1000% a great change. Hoping this is implemented as soon as possible. Personally, my only social life is the arena, but I’m sure anyone who actually does have one is even happier about these changes. I do kind of wish we just started with 6 energy. Seems somewhat pointless to make people wait, especially since these changes and the section changes seem to want to address the time constraints of the start of AQ.

Speaking of which, linked node restructure. Glad to see this, going to have to see what it actually looks like though. Noticing I say that a lot in...whatever it is I do. Looks like it’s going to at least relieve some stress, which is what we all want from AQ changes. For context, my alliance runs 65655, so yes, this change does affect me.

The mid-season update is a thing. Once again, we need to wait and see, but I’m always hesitant about the modifiers and miniboss changes. Glad to see more honour milestones, although I would like the honour system to be something I don’t completely forget exists until it’s mentioned in something like this. Seriously, I don’t even know how you earn points for it.

Personally, the best bit of this section for me was this ‘future’ part. Honestly, I’m hoping rank rewards are removed altogether and moved into some other kind of reward structure. Might put an end to prestige wars, which let’s be honest, are out of control. The rest of it sounds like it’s going to continue reducing stress, making AQ more interesting and let me tell you, I am excited to see what ‘choose your own adventure’ translates into.

New Features:

Ok, I’ll admit, raid bosses have me giddy because the idea of 30 players descending on one stupidly OP boss sounds amazing. That might not be what it ends up being, but god do I want it to be.

Link nodes rework sounds interesting if done right. Linked nodes shouldn’t become something people have to take, but neither should they be something players can’t take if need be. Tentatively looking forward to this.

Undo button.

*Punches air*

Need I exclaim more?

Finally, Help All.

*Throws himself out the window in excitement*.

Right, overall, this is good. But just...good. The quest roadmap was a lot more exciting but there are quite a few things in here that are potentially better than any of the quest stuff. Potentially. There is quite a lack of specifics and details, which I guess is to be somewhat expected but still, would have been nice to get more solid details. Honestly, I’m expecting to get an update on this is 4-5 months so that we know where we are with many of these ‘In Development’ features. And I think that is the overarching theme with this particular roadmap. There is a lot of ‘We have to wait and see’. So I guess there is nothing to do but wait and see.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a window to repair.

Damn Help All.

Comments

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    good review.
    I'm quite excited to see all the changes happening
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    hope it wasn’t a long fall out that window
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    That's breaking it down if anything it seemed longer
  • Options

hope it wasn’t a long fall out that window

Nah don’t worry, I used some of the fluff from the roadmap to break my fall. I’m sure there is still plenty left for everyone else

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Completely agree. This roadmap was what was needed, addressed the major issues. Quest roadmap went above and beyond what was expected, but I’m still happy with this, as long as execution is correct it’s all good
  • Options
    MaxGaming said:

That's breaking it down if anything it seemed longer

The worrying thing is, this is my shortest review to date🙄

• Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    I was very excited to hear that you threw yourself out of a window
  • Options
    Meebleton said:

I was very excited to hear that you threw yourself out of a window