**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The End Of The Road...Maps. Let's Discuss.

RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
And here we are, 4 roadmaps and many walls of text later, Kabam’s response to, let’s say the...community implosion. This one is focused on where the game is headed and is probably the most detailed of any of these roadmaps. Surprisingly. There is a lot to cover here, and I’m going to try and not keep the few of you read these too long. Keyword there being ‘try’.

Quality Of Life:

Holy fricking yes. Sell from stash, duel replay, tag filtering. All amazing features. Admittedly should have been in the game a looonngg time ago, but better late than never as they say. I’m sure there is a couple of other QOL stuff people wanted to see. Blanking on any right now, but this is an excellent start.

New Gameplay:

Root is interesting. I don’t immediately see any super practical application. It’s kind of like being unstoppable but not dashing back when dexing. However, I’m still very interested to see what they do with this and what the controls will be. Side note, maybe this is why they’ve waited to buff Groot. I think it becomes much more intriguing when considering it with our next gameplay feature.

Volume triggers. Now this, this is exciting. Sort of like amped-up proximity-based abilities is what I’m imagining. I agree when they say the potential is massive. Also, traps? Kraven anyone? I like the sound of this a lot.

Now, if these two mechanics are implemented, they are going to change how this game is played massively. It’ll take some adjustment, but personally, I’m excited to these mechanics, and future ones they may be working on. Jumping when?

Fight Replays:

Wanna see yourself fail over and over again? Well, you’re in luck.

Strikers:

What. The. Hell.

This is insane. Panic attack inducing, but interesting. Can’t wait to fight Domino, Annihilus and Korg in one fight. Thanks, @Meebleton for giving me that nightmare. I don’t think we can speculate on this too much, even Kabam have no idea what form this is going to take. Glad we got to see it in action though, that’s the kind of detail I would have liked to have seen in more of these diaries. Really excited for the potential of this, especially coupled with Raid bosses, maybe bringing in an alliance mates champ to assist. Really how impactful this is will depend on what form it takes. If we can use another champ's Special attack, that could have some insane combos. Any champ and Magik’s SP2 really.

Incursions:

Incursions have quickly become one of the community’s favourite game modes. I’m not so hot on them myself, but many, many people love them, and it looks like a lot of good stuff is coming.
Removing the link from the first fight is unexpected but nice. I don’t know who was asking for this but I will wallop anyone that complains about it.

As for the store update...increasing the purchase limit is great, although I don’t know why it was needed in the first place honestly. And 6* shards? I’m not exactly happy we aren’t getting 6* Incursion crystals, it doesn’t even sound like we will be able to buy a fully formed. The cynic in me is expecting an overpriced trickle of 6* shards in this store that just aren’t worth the grind and doesn’t incentivise those at the very top to do them. I hope I’m wrong, but I have a bad feeling.

As for new hacks, like the idea, don’t think people are going to using them over the others. Although the armour ones will be utterly broken with Colossus. But the other ones seem...underwhelming. I know they’re just concepts but my heart doesn’t leap looking at them.
Tiered hacks look fine. Need to see their implementation.

Hacks rebalancing is lovely. Perpetual Offence and Buff Cornucopia are far and away the best rare hacks, so I can’t wait to see the others being brought to around their level

As for the far off stuff, this looks like the best stuff. Firewalls could potentially make runs much less time consuming, an issue for me right now, so I’m really liking the sound of this, as long as you still get the points.

Themed boss fights are fine. Ultron isn’t particularly difficult, and the text here got a chuckle out of me. For it being under Ultron’s domain, he uh, doesn’t really seem to...know that.

Looks like matchmaking is getting a much-needed update. Zone targets will be great I’m sure and the cooldown removal if you don’t beat a zone I’m sure will have so many jumping for joy. I’ve never used matchmaking, so I honestly can’t speak too much on it, but I have seen many, many complaints about it. If there is one thing this community is excellent at, it’s complaining.

Also, max 5-day cooldown reset is just simply brilliant and I can’t commend this decision enough. Honestly, this is so good.

Finally, the last 2 far-out points. Friendship bonuses. I am so damn excited for this. Only because @Meebleton and I are lv 26 friends or something ridiculous like that. I have run one incursion/dungeon without him in all the time dungeons/incursions have been a thing. I am very much ready.

As for event abilities, these sound really good. I like that incursions are becoming this monthly content to rival the actual monthly content as well as being fun and engaging.

With all these changes, incursions could easily become my favourite mode. Why? Because the team is just having fun with them, there is no “We’re going to give you this, but take this away”. It’s just “Yeah, give them everything, let’s go crazy”. We need that attitude applied to some degree across the entire game.

Leaderboards are a thing. I know some people really want them, I couldn’t care less, but I’m glad they acknowledged it’s something they want to do. That’s all we want, to feel like we’re being heard.

Arena Improvements:

I’m ashamed of how much time I spend in the arena. I turned off screen time on my phone so that I couldn’t see how much of my life I waste in them. So you could say I’m your bog-standard arena grinder. But seriously, this is what I was most interested in as it’s where I spend most of my time in-game.

And let me tell you, AI improvements made me squeal a little bit. This is honestly one of the most infuriating things in the game for me. I can’t wait for this. Absolute positive 10/10.

Rank rewards being increased is great and increasing the near-miss rewards is an absolute must and no holds should be barred. I would prefer a 5* basic, but it seems Kabam and the community are still very much at odds over a 5* basic arena. Honestly, even though the places are being increased to 300, I still highly doubt that me, with a pretty sizeable roster, (19 R5’s and one R3), will be able to grind for one. Although we’ll need to see how it affects cutoffs, although best to ask Dragon from the UMCOC podcast.

3* Featured champions in arena milestones are so good. I think this was actually a feature back before I started playing in 2017, but regardless, I think they saw the feedback about the free Guardian we got and threw this in. Good move. I’ll still grind the featured 4* for any new champ I’m interested in, but that’s a good fallback if I miss.

Auto help request is one of the best sentences I’ve ever read, and I read about help all. I’m going to end up with a repetitive strain injury if this feature isn’t released soon. Boosts UI is great, saving time is always a great thing. Cached filtering is something that is going to really help QOL for us grinders. Auto Select champions is going to be useful unless you run synergy teams for more points. As for deathmatches, oh my {redacted} god, this is {redacted} amazing. Jesus, the arena might be about to get so much less stressful.

As for an arena alternative, I’m in two minds about this. For one, the arena is tedious and boring and needs some innovation. On the other hand, the arena is so easy and monotonous it can easily be done while doing other things, which makes it attractive to a section of players. I would like it to retain that sort of core idea of just being able to mindlessly do while watching TV or something.

Again, I think we need a 5* basic arena, and it still takes too much time. PHC shards should be replaced with grandmaster shards at least for cavalier players. Still, a ways to go with the arena in my opinion, but all of this is a massive, massive step forward, and I can’t wait.

Social Progression:

This is nice. It’s not massive, but it will be nice I guess. Not much to say on this, it is a thing that we know will exist. What it will entail we’ll have to see. Reputation system should be interesting.

New Modes:

I’m not sure how I feel about Raid Bosses being part of AQ. I was really hoping it was going to be its own thing. But oh well, maybe it will still be amazing.

A solo competitive mode is amazing and sounds like we’re going to be much more involved in its development, which I’m looking forward to. A lot of community members have some brilliant ideas. We don’t really know what to expect as it’s pretty vague but at least they are looking at it.

Outro and Overview:

This all certainly sounds like MCOC V2. I don’t think I’m being too hasty saying that. The 20 pages or so of breakdowns in my Google drive I think show that. I’ve enjoyed writing these reviews, it's been a great way for me to make sense of these diaries. I hope you’ve enjoyed them. Before these diaries, I was ready to leave the game, at least for a while. Afterwards, I’m quite happy to keep going, although I’m not entirely convinced on alliances. Obviously, we need to see if Kabam keeps their numerous promises. Still waiting on masteries though.

A lot of these changes are going to take time, so give them some space, but remain critical. The future that is outlined here is promising, champions look like they will finally become a lot more interesting, new quests look pretty amazing. The alliance one is still iffy.

But for now, I will leave you. Don’t know if this will be the last thing like this I do. Maybe for Book 2. Its been ride folks. Best of luck.

Comments

• Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Volume Triggers reminds me of Injustice where you can use the battlefield to your advantage or disadvantage.
  • Options
    ESF said:

OMG I AM ALL ABOUT STRIKERS INJECT THAT INTO MY VEINS

Thought that might be your kind of thing😂

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Volume Triggers should totally be like Mortal Kombat. Flip off of walls, throw stuff, swing on stuff, awesome.

I NEED STRIKERS NOW. NOW. NOOOWWWWW!

Bruh fight replays. This will be a massive help tool next time I accidentally dodge a special attack (like today) and I learn from it.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

ESF said:

LOL I think I am pretty consistent, you know? I just want the game to be FUN and for the rosters to be deep, weaker characters to be made useful

I mean, come on. Who doesn’t want to see Winter Soldier tag in for OG Captain America vs. Red Skull?

Who doesn’t want to see Nightcrawler teleport in to punch Sabretooth while Wolverine heals?

Who doesn’t want to see The Thing go “It’s Clobberin’ Time” against Doctor Doom while Mr. Fantastic preps Herbie for the L3?

WHO DOESN’T WANT THIS :)
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

ESF said:

LOL I think I am pretty consistent, you know? I just want the game to be FUN and for the rosters to be deep, weaker characters to be made useful

I mean, come on. Who doesn’t want to see Winter Soldier tag in for OG Captain America vs. Red Skull?

Who doesn’t want to see Nightcrawler teleport in to punch Sabretooth while Wolverine heals?

Who doesn’t want to see The Thing go “It’s Clobberin’ Time” against Doctor Doom while Mr. Fantastic preps Herbie for the L3?

that in raid bosses boutta be lit
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

ESF said:

ESF said:

I have been saying for weeks that I thought Kabam truly gets it, that they kinda took a moment and realized that this game could be more than what it has been.

This game can reinvent itself. It could be so much more, and I think they totally get it.

I have been saying it and I will say it again: I am excited for the future of this game
  • Options
    ESF said:

ESF said:

ESF said:

I have been saying for weeks that I thought Kabam truly gets it, that they kinda took a moment and realized that this game could be more than what it has been.

This game can reinvent itself. It could be so much more, and I think they totally get it.

I have been saying it and I will say it again: I am excited for the future of this game
    I think they do get it, or at least they’re very good at feigning it. But that the sceptic in me. I’m also excited again, even more so when we finally get more details