**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New war map sucks

2»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    R4GE wrote: »
    Honestly, I was a bit concerned about the layout because of the size, but we're at 91% and still have 7 hours and two people left to make the end. I don't mind the new Map. It's just going to take some time to develop a Defense Strategy. I have to list the Nodes and consider Diversity into my placement. Of course Defense still matters. Whether the Kills give Points or not, Attack Kills and Exploration do. You still want to stop them up. I'm cool with the new Map. Just have to learn more about it and maximize efficiency.
    You'll see the true issue after war when the scoring system is shown. You should look around the forums for the screen caps showing how easily it is for the better alliance to lose. Skill and good defenders have been tossed out. I have seen your alliance, and regardless of how well you do you will lose many simply because an alliance has a higher alliance rating, thats not right. Theres many issues with the scoring system

I'm not commenting on my Ally. I don't believe I shared any information on that. I will say it's a different way to tally. Also, one of the concerns before the changes was the overpowered Matches. If Rating plays a part, then that will inevitably balance the issue and the Matches will be somewhat more even.
    I'm still getting to know it, but I honestly have no issues with the change in scoring. I didn't before it went live, and I don't now. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust to it. So far, so good. I suppose you're right about the Final Score. That will tell me more.
    You didn't share, someone else did. And I mean no offense, but your your statements clearly show a strong lack of knowledge on AW. Again, not an insult.

I've been organizing Wars since its inception. My Ally was part of those selected to test Wars before they went live altogether. Many things happen in the game my friend. Don't believe everything you see, or judge people by how they choose to play. I'm not new at this. Lol. ;)
    Ive seen your rating, Ive seen your champs. Playing a game doesn't mean you always have an understanding of it.
    A Profile is not an indicator of someone's understanding. Some have a high understanding and choose to help others, rather than chase T4CC's. You can't determine someone's understanding based on a Profile.
    Yes and no. I based it off your war rating and the people you play with. But mostly off your statements

This is bordering on offense, so we will have to end here. I didn't post my information. Someone posted an IGN and said it was me. I've already said I'm not commenting on an attempt to violate someone's information.
    War Rating can change. So can the people you play with. So can the Ally you're in. That is not an indication of someone's understanding. As for my comments, there is little that would imply I have limited understanding, unless you count the fact that I'm focused on the changes and not complaining about Defender Kills being gone. That's pretty much the factor that makes my perspective different than the majority. I'm not new. I'm not unskilled or uneducated on the issues. Some of us choose to help people grow rather than quest for power. You can't judge someone's understanding by a Profile or a different perspective. That's about all I have to say on it. We have been pretty civil to each other, so I will walk away from the subject.
  • Options
    Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    Idk im a little indifferent about wars. It honestly has gotten easier but that could be because block actually works now. I was having issues where I'd block and it just wasn't happening. Anyways defender kills definitely need to be brought back. The system needs work and i think kabam hears us. I don't explain everything done overnight but I'm staying optimistic about wars. I see what they tried to do andapprove the idea it just poor execution. And also bases might be a factor in recent changes. .....but i could be wrong.
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    NDK13 wrote: »
    Easy quests - Complain.
    Hard quests - Complain.

Not a fan of portals myself, but whatever. It's something new, give it time. The first AW hasn't even ended yet.
    Before Matchmaking started, people were complaining how AW will become a total 'CASH-GRAB', now saying it's too easy ? What do you people even want?

I agree portals are a waste of energy and all, but you have three people on one side for 3 paths. So when everyone combines their energy, it's not that big a deal. Let's try it at least a couple times.

I'm one of those guys in a top 300 alliance and most of us never complained about the new war map. It's only those guys who don't use items and do anything necessary to win AW were complaining about it.
    My complain is that the nodes are too easy.
    No thorns or Caltrops or anything.
    I've completed my path with not much difficulty at all.
    My only beef was there was no update of rewards.

So you WANT them to put those nodes in AW? I don't get it, do you like spending? If so, good for you but shouldn't be necessary for others to do so.
    And yes of course, the people who weren't spending were complaining because they took out defender kills, so it favors the spenders.
    It's just weird that you're complaining about it being easy. It's better for the players, no? And if we're getting same rewards with less items spent, i'd say it's a good thing for the players.

putting those nodes is practice to play the game better. You can later on think what mistake you've made and make yourself a better player but the nodes in this new map are too bad. Btw my alliance has a no item use in war policy unless we decide to win the war we don't use items but we usually win our wars without items.

Fighting a Magik with MD 5/5 on a 200% power gain node. She gets a bar of power, limbo starts draining your health. You want to bait a special so you dodge back, dexterity, MD, 3 bars, rekt.

Now what mistake did i make there? Not getting hit? Not paying for a OG vision? It shouldn't be like that.
    So yeah those were total BS, they need to find something in between.
    Easy quests - Complain.
    Hard quests - Complain.

Not a fan of portals myself, but whatever. It's something new, give it time. The first AW hasn't even ended yet.
    Before Matchmaking started, people were complaining how AW will become a total 'CASH-GRAB', now saying it's too easy ? What do you people even want?

I agree portals are a waste of energy and all, but you have three people on one side for 3 paths. So when everyone combines their energy, it's not that big a deal. Let's try it at least a couple times.

I'm one of those guys in a top 300 alliance and most of us never complained about the new war map. It's only those guys who don't use items and do anything necessary to win AW were complaining about it.

So you WANT them to put those nodes in AW? I don't get it, do you like spending? If so, good for you but shouldn't be necessary for others to do so.
    And yes of course, the people who weren't spending were complaining because they took out defender kills, so it favors the spenders.
    It's just weird that you're complaining about it being easy. It's better for the players, no? And if we're getting same rewards with less items spent, i'd say it's a good thing for the players.

putting those nodes is practice to play the game better. You can later on think what mistake you've made and make yourself a better player but the nodes in this new map are too bad. Btw my alliance has a no item use in war policy unless we decide to win the war we don't use items but we usually win our wars without items.

Fighting a Magik with MD 5/5 on a 200% power gain node. She gets a bar of power, limbo starts draining your health. You want to bait a special so you dodge back, dexterity, MD, 3 bars, rekt.

Now what mistake did i make there? Not getting hit? Not paying for a OG vision? It shouldn't be like that.

Seen an alliance mate one shot R4 Magik MD 5 at mini boss and boss node
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Easy quests - Complain.
    Hard quests - Complain.

Easy quests - Complain.
    Hard quests - Complain.

Seen an alliance mate one shot R4 Magik MD 5 at mini boss and boss node

Yeah mini and boss nodes are another thing. They don't have increased power gain. I know there are a number of magik counters, one of them being magik herself and she's a really good one too.
    But i was giving an example of how in the old AW, some nodes were too OP. Like a magik on 200% power gain is just absurd. You can't really do much on that. Same with an Iceman on thorns node.
    Just saying it's good to see nodes like that go.