**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

You can't save Nexus crystals for 6 months and expect new champs to be added to the pool, right?

SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
Alliance mate thinks they can hold onto their Nexus crystals that they got, until the end of the year, so more champs are added.

I said that only works with shards, and you can't form one or that crystal is locked to those champs in the pool.

He said he did it before and for a champ that wasn't in the crystal the first time.

I didn't think that was the case? Are the rules for Nexus crystals different?

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The nexus draws from the basic pool when opened; if the basic pool has been updated since you acquired the nexus then the champs added will be a possibility.
  • Options
    Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    SparkAlot said:

Alliance mate thinks they can hold onto their Nexus crystals that they got, until the end of the year, so more champs are added.

I said that only works with shards, and you can't form one or that crystal is locked to those champs in the pool.

He said he did it before and for a champ that wasn't in the crystal the first time.

the rules for nexus are the same as a basic.
    it pulls from whatever champs are in the pool at the time of opening.
    so yes you can save and get newer champs later.

featured crystals are different however as they have certain pools of champs assigned to them at the time of purchase.
  • Options
    ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Someone here or on reddit once said crystals were set when formed, not opened, they’d apparently tested opening a crystal in beta and regular server, always came up with the same champs even though obviously opened at different times.
    I was dubious as I always thought the champ was picked from the basic pool when opened, but when Brian Grant opened his nexus 6* after having waited for Doom to be added, the rotating featured champs shown were still the ones from before the Doom addition. So maybe your friend would be waiting for nothing.

Bear in mind also that the trend so far this year has overall been for good champ but nothing as crazy as what we had the past couple years. Even if it does add the future champs, it may just dilute the pool with lesser ones.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,727 ★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

Can someone from kabam confirm what really happens? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    -
  • Options
    you can hold basic crystals as long as you want.
    the champions in that crystal are the pool at the time you open it.
    kabam don't need to come and confirm this they have already done it previously.

featured crystals have a limited pool and have the pool of champs advertised when purchased and it never changes.

Nexus crystals pull from the basic champion pool as Kabam have said previously.
    therefore they follow the same rules as basics.