**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Roadmap *clap* review *clap*

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Wanted to share my thoughts on Kabam’s recent posts. Just quick little blurbs that cover most of what was said. Feel free to share what you are most excited for, and what you are most nervous about the execution of!

1. Quests
A. Back issues #5
Always happy with another Back Issue. Can’t wait.
B. Act 6 “nerf”
I am just now feeling ready to dip my toes into 6.2 and beyond, so I am happy that they will be toning it down
C. Act 7
I am nowhere near ready for that, but their philosophy so to speak seems to be in the right place.
D. Cavalier Difficulty
Yesyesyesyes UC is so boring now since my roster has developed as far as it has. I barely read the nodes and just take CAIW Hype or G2099 and smash through it ezpz. I just hope that they will continue to be open to adjustments even after the first Cav EQ drops in September.
E. Early Act reward bump
This won’t affect me at all, but its good they are revamping earlier stuff because its just a drag before A4.
F. New Music
I am actually really excited for this; I just hope that it isn’t metal/rock band or the like. Thats my one video game music style that I cannot get behind no matter how hard I try
G. Boss Rush
Potential Platpool? I did see some response from Miike on twitter with what I think was a deconfirm, but regardless I am excited to smack some tail
H. Summer of Pain
As someone nowhere near the Abyss, I am gonna set up my chair, grab some popcorn, and watch as some Mcoc Youtuber gets thrashed. (Or they summon their 7* Visa)

2. Alliances
A. BG assignments
Handy Dandy tool for officers. Me likey
B. Top 30 Champ display
I like this just so I can flex whatever trophy champ or 1* Hulk that I have. Good recruiting tool for sure
C. Path assignments
Same as 2.1
D. Defender placement
That might be too far in the automation of things, streamlining piloting severely. Kabam needs to be careful with this one.
E. AQ Officer?
Seems like its just pre-setting what Maps you wanna run. Handy fo sho
F. War
I don’t play war. Not because of my feelings about the direction it has gone or anything, I just stopped as real life picked up for a little while and estranged competitive AW to me. Also I don’t like ranking champs I will never use. That being said, I didn’t really read this section. Oh well.
G. AQ Energy
Really happy with this. Not broken but a nice little boost to minimize the trouble it takes to finish higher maps
H. Msc AQ stuff
Changing link nodes and other stuff…I don’t run M6-7 so this doesn’t affect me. Other things are very vague
I. Raid Bosses
Now this seems very fascinating. I would love to team up with the ally against maybe a multistage boss fight where specific counters are needed so that we have people who specialize in a phase or something. Lots and lots of potential for this one.

3. Champions
A. Reducing Complexity
This is a good mindset to be in. If it takes a car owner’s manual to list everything that somebody does, its isn’t concise enough.
B. Consistency in Wording
This would put an end to the ridiculous text wall warfare between people who can’t decide what armor up effects protect you from Havok or how many ST persistent charges can be stored with a synergy. Nah, who am I kidding, that will always happen. My one big request to Kabam about this is that ability accuracy increase are clearly stated to be multiplicative or additive.
C. Dedicated Balancing Team
Happy there is now a dedicated team! Good luck and start cranking through those low tiers
D. Balanced, Tune up, Update, Overhaul
I really like how they have given us a concrete example of the different types of reworks and the schedule for which stuff will be finished. Can’t wait for a bunch of the classics done right.
E. First Buff Rotation: Mags+MMN, P2099, Gambit+Falcon
A good lineup. I can see plenty of potential in these guys. Keep em coming
F. Future Champion Tease
An iconic Magneto duo? Why that could be none other than one Charles Xavier (further evidenced by the cutscene this month)
G. All basepool champs in the 5* crystal
I get it for SW and Wolverine why you were hesitant, but most others should have been a long time ago.
H. Dual-Class Crystals
This is a good move. Narrowing basepool without a clear winner of who to go. For. Me likey
I. Wish Crystal
I wanna say I called it in a thread here about a month ago talking about wishlist Cav crystals, but either way I’m curious to see how this shakes out
J. Sig stone availability
My CAIW thanks you for this

4. Future
A. QoL
a. Tag filters
b. Sell from stash
c. Duels
I don’t really care about duels. But it’s a nice addition for sure. Tag filtering! Happy I don’t need to go to Auntm.ai to quickly find out all my options for something. Stash Selling is very nice.
B. Mechanical Prototypes: Root and stage AoE mechanics
You have piqued my interest, Kabam. New mechanical things are fun.
C. Fight Replays
Yay! Now the process of sharing is streamlined so whoever I send it to doesn’t have to see whatever cringe song I’m listening to if I forget to trim the screen cap. Would help in the bug-reporting and Alliance recruitment settings as well
D. Strikers (Double team)
There are so many ways they could go with this. I hope they do the right ones.
E. Incursions
Lots of minor handy changes. I like the matchmaking based on top zone especially.
F. Incursion Leaderboard
This could be an interesting competition who can get furthest.
G. Arena
General vague stuff, idrc. I do like that 3* are now able to be acquired through milestones. The guardian test run was definitely fun (and probably will end up increasing sales related to him)
H. Arena Alternative
I wish it would be like my arena alternative suggestion, but it will likely just be and endless incursions, but solo and changed to match the PI of your champ team. For reference, here is my concept.
I feel like a decent alternate for champ acquisition are solo quests with the champ in question. So like, instead of a 5* Omega Red arena, we would get a OR gauntlet quest where we need to take down a quest made around Omega red and his skills and weaknesses. So in my mind it would have two paths, one highlighting his skills and the other his weaknesses, so on one side it would be Electro, masochism and Morningstar/biohazard, but on the other side it would be robots and other Omega Reds. If you can finish both paths, you get that champ. It would obviously need to be hard enough to where it’s not just a faceroll, but not so hard that it requires perfect intercept and impossible scenarios (like putting a non-immune against biohazard unless they have a shrug off).
Could be loads of fun and a more satisfying way to get new champs
I. Social Progression
Stats are fun. Interested in what this develops into.
J. Solo Competitive
This can either be very fun, or who has the 3/45 6* Corvus or Ghost. I hope Kabam finds a way for everyone to compete and it not be “competitive” like AW where item use seems to be prioritized over skill. I am hopeful for this mode, but I am also very aware it could be a letdown. Time will tell. If there is to be some competitive scene, it needs to be more than the richest guy out there. Otherwise there is no way for almost anyone to stand a chance, even if they have decent skill.

My top interests:
Cav Difficulty
Music
Boss Rush
Raid Boss
Balancing Gameplan
Sig stones in solo events
Arena Alternative
Social Progression
Solo Competitive

Comments