**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does Black Bolt really have to receive damage from his second special attack?

JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95
edited September 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Honestly I think Black Bolt could be much better. I don't think that the damage and effects caused by his second special attack is worthy to sacrifice 5% of his health. I think this penalty is totally unnecessary and removing it will not unbalance the game.

In case you don't want to remove the penalty, at least make it worthy, increasing and improving the damage and effects caused by his second special attack.

Does Black Bolt really have to receive damage from his second special attack? 57 votes

Agree
28%
NevvBWolfeWhododo872sfu_koraxHeartlessCapWW2YellsomeMillybearadqqedfyvrTheMageHunterDarkrider05vinniegainzBumsy_BumThemanofjNexus_UY_ScutiGigabyteNC 16 votes
Do not agree
71%
BadroseTBJ1118A_Noob_Is1ISO8PotatoStefffSpity68MjbootsFireballs5SaiyandjmindblazerLosspikzuffySuperman69SpiritCedricccNinjaWarrior99ChunkerButtM8SakuragiiiNormanBJJIvan4150 41 votes

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    This health loss was put into Black Bolt's design long before Masteries, with an unspecified damage increase - essentially it was a one-man precursor to Recoil.

His Specials were also ramped up recently with the addition of Armour Break.

Personally, I think it's actually now reasonable; but I don't run suicides. If I did, and had an extra 5 % health loss to Recoil, it would seem too much.

I think the bigger issue for BB is that his Sig is very poor; as you only get permanent buffs if you get hit a lot, they can be nullified or are lost from one fight to the next. Compare that to Hulk's Sig which escalates steadily; and lasts from one fight to the next.

Why not redesign Provocation, so that (for example) it is health-related; and increases Special damage and Stun duration with lost health?
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Agree
    New medusa synergy is awesome for BB sig
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Actually the health loss was something new that came well after masteries was released. Before he only had Stun on his S1 I believe and his Provocation sig. After he got temporary buffs when attacks. Now ge has armor break.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Actually the health loss was something new that came well after masteries was released. Before he only had Stun on his S1 I believe and his Provocation sig. After he got temporary buffs when attacks. Now he has armor break.

I'm afraid not, my friend. Black Bolt got his own personal Recoil in Patch 1.1 - months before Masteries came in Patch 3.0.

You can read all about it here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog/p1

Or the pertinent information is:

1.1 Patch Notes - Originally from 01-23-2015

Special Attacks:
    Many heroes have received updates to their special attacks:
    • Black Bolt's Corkscrew: +25% damage, but at the cost of minor recoil damage.

So that's a pretty big boost for a 5% health loss. I don't think it's ever been reduced; but I could have missed that. So he's got his drawbacks, but Black Bolt does get a reasonable payback for his health loss; and he paved the way for Suicide Masteries; beloved of many an arena-grinder. I hope we're grateful...
  • Options
    Actually the health loss was something new that came well after masteries was released. Before he only had Stun on his S1 I believe and his Provocation sig. After he got temporary buffs when attacks. Now he has armor break.

I'm afraid not, my friend. Black Bolt got his own personal Recoil in Patch 1.1 - months before Masteries came in Patch 3.0.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog/p1

Special Attacks:

So that's a pretty big boost for a 5% health loss. I don't think it's ever been reduced; but I could have missed that. So he's got his drawbacks, but Black Bolt does get a reasonable payback for his health loss; and he paved the way for Suicide Masteries; beloved of many an arena-grinder. I hope we're grateful...

Huh, interesting didn't know about that, Kabam could put this information on his description...

"Corkscrew
    Surrounded by anti-gravitons, Black Bolt flies into his opponents, forcing them back with multiple strikes.
    X% chance to Stun for X seconds.
    'Great power' comes at a price: activating this ability consumes 5% of your maximum Health.
    X% chance to Armor Break, removing an enemy Armor Up and applying X Armor Rating reduction for X seconds."

It is hard to know if there is some attack boost during the fights.
  • Options
    Black Bolt's second special attack description: "Great power comes at a price: activating this ability consumes 5% of your maximum Health."

What is this 'Great power' Kabam? Most people can not say. Make his description more clear.
  • Options
    Do not agree
    Isn't his sp2 the same as IP? Does IP lose 5% health too?
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Isn't his sp2 the same as IP? Does IP lose 5% health too?
    Same animation, but Black Bolt loses HP and IP doesn't.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★

Special Attacks:

Then I had a broken Black Bolt. I never saw that when I used Black Bolt. I was sure he got it after I started to play. I joined in June 2015. Didn't use the forum till a few weeks later. I was sure aftef they buffed him they mentioned something about his S2 causing recoil.
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Don't ask a yes/no question and then not put yes or no as response options. Geez...
  • Options
    Sorry about the confusing poll guys, you are right.
    Unfortunately I can not change it or edit.
    I guess my confusing poll is useless, but Kabam can still see the suggestion.
  • Options
    YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Agree
    Well...personally I agree with u and say he shouldn't take damage
  • Options
    Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Hulk's sig lasts feom one fight to the next... How???
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★

Functionally, this is true, but wording is misleading. He gets stronger as health goes down, and health tends to go down after each fight since he doesn't regen, so he gets stronger every fight thanks to his sig.
  • Options

Like @KhanMedina said -

Black Bolt gets beaten up in a fight and gains buffs. Next fight they're gone.

Hulk gets beaten up in a fight and gains Attack. Next fight, he still has the same bonus to Attack.

That's how.