**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

when you update Falcon, can you fix this?

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion

it should just be one synergy, no?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If it’s separated it can stack
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

If it’s separated it can stack

Ah. sucks that half of this synergy team is bad
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Falcon sucks. I’m sure he’s gonna be re built from the ground up lol
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Falcon doesn’t sucks that much. His 100% AAR counter most of the enemies such as electro static shocks, spider-verse champions that evades lots and so on.
    Daddrieda said:

Falcon doesn’t sucks that much. His 100% AAR counter most of the enemies such as electro static shocks, spider-verse champions that evades lots and so on.

hey, one of the main reasons I took him up for an evade counter.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Falcon sucks. I’m sure he’s gonna be re built from the ground up lol

not what the roadmap said
    He’s getting an update, which basically means he’s going to have the same ability theme but new abilities will be added and numbers will be higher. So he will probably still keep things like his lock on mechanic but will be given much more damage abilities and some more utility
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

Daddrieda said:

Eh still a meme. I hate seeing this trash character as a 5* in my roster
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★

Daddrieda said:

There are quite a few great evade-counter nowadays (e.g. Nick Fury, Mole Man, Elsa Bloodstone, Killmonger, Venom, Vision Aarkus, Ice Man, Iron Man IW, Corvus and Proximal....). No bother to consider to level up Falcon....

Daddrieda said:

There are quite a few great evade-counter nowadays (e.g. Nick Fury, Mole Man, Elsa Bloodstone, Killmonger, Venom, Vision Aarkus, Ice Man, Iron Man IW, Corvus and Proximal....). No bother to consider to level up Falcon....
    unless you don’t have any of those listed
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    I can't wait to level up my duped falcon!
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★

Daddrieda said:

your telling me you don't have any of these characters? not even as a 3*? I call BS
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Daddrieda said:

moleman is trash
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 ★★★
    He needs to be updated in terms of damage he does. He is the wettest noodle ever. Pathetic damage numbers.
    And an easier way to activate his utility should be good. He anyway is not that great in the marvel universe , has no real powers but he should be bought to atleast decent levels , he is not even that right now..
    FRITO_Man said:

Daddrieda said:

your telling me you don't have any of these characters? not even as a 3*? I call BS
    im not running my three star IMIW in act 5 for an evade counter
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

Daddrieda said:

moleman is trash
    Better than silver surfer
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,347 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    In case it's an interesting read for anyone, this is a Tune-Up that I put in the Champion Improvement Thread. No animation changes, and it adjusts Falcon's abilities, whilst keeping them centred around use of Redwing and his Lock On ability. It won't be overpowered; but should be more fun to play with:

Falcon

Stats for a 5/50 champion
    Health 15,508
    Attack 1193

Recon scan
    Redwing starts the fight on Cooldown unless Falcon is Awakened. Once Redwing is online, Falcon undertakes a recon scan by dashing back and holding block for 2.1 seconds. He then locks on to the opponent for ten seconds, with a cooldown of ten seconds.

Redwing's military-grade tech works best against opponents more familiar to the US military - the duration of both cooldown and scanning (holding block) are altered as follows:
    • Cosmic and Mystic opponents - Increased 33%
    • Tech and Science opponents - Decreased 33%
    This means that locking on to a science or tech champ only requires a 1.4 second scan (and has a 6.6-second cooldown); whilst cosmic and mystic opponents require a 2.8 second scan, and have a 13-second cooldown.

The benefits of being Locked On are:
    • +350 Critical Rating
    • Reduces opponent's Defensive ability accuracy by 100%. This is not effective against Phased opponents.
    • Reduces effectiveness of the opponents Armour, Physical Resistance and Critical Resistance by 500. These attributes can't be lowered below zero.
    • While Locked On, Falcon can inflict Critical Hits through an opponents block
    • Redwing detects when the opponent is launching a Special Attack, granting +400 Block Proficiency vs Special Attacks, rising to +800 on well-timed blocks.
    • Special Attacks do not strike Falcon whilst he is dashing back
    Lock On now has slightly broader abilities to target an opponent's weaknesses, as well as granting a modest defensive boost against Special Attacks, which is built upon further in his Signature (see later...). No kind of scanning technology could possibly help him hurt opponents who are intangible, however; which is why Locked On doesn't allow him to harm such opponents

When triggered for the first time, Locked On also grants a permanent Partial Lock effect, which overlaps with Lock On, and persists indefinitely but does not stack. This grants Falcon the following benefits:
    • +200 Critical Rating
    • +250 Critical Damage Rating
    • The defensive ability accuracy of Invisibility and Glancing effects are reduced by 30%.
    • If the opponent is bleed immune, Falcon detects this and switches to Incendiary rounds, replacing his bleed effects with equivalent Incinerate effects
    Partial Lock should give Falcon a bit of a boost for the rest of the fight after his first recon scan. The Critical Rate boost stacks with the additional boost of Locked On, so during that phase it's a fairly respectable total of +550 Critical Rating.

Signature ability
    Redwing receives an upgrade, and is available for recon scans from the beginning of the fight.
    • The duration of Locked On is increased by 60%

• Whilst Locked on, Redwing now gives Falcon even better advance warning of incoming Special Attacks, granting him a 50% Evade ability and an additional +800 Block Proficiency against them. Evade will not trigger whilst blocking.
    • While Partial Lock is on, Falcon cannot miss. This does not apply to Phased opponents
    Falcon's Signature now gives him a significantly longer Lock On, and a substantial defensive boost (Evasion akin to Sparky, although slightly less good - he is a Skill champ, after all) with both Evade and increased Block Proficiency vs Specials, on top of his built-in Dexterity mechanic. Awakened, he's also permanently able to bypass most Miss mechanics after triggering his first Recon scan.

Special Attacks
    SP1: Inflicts up to three stacks of bleed (65% chance each) inflicting 828 damage over 3s. If Locked On, bleed effects have +25% ability accuracy.
    SP2: The second hit of this attack receives an additional +400 Critical Rating, Critical damage and Armour Penetration. If Locked On, this hit has 100% Critical Hit Chance, and a 70% chance to stun the opponent for two seconds.
    SP3: Inflicts Incinerate (2386 damage over ten seconds) and three stacks of Armour Break (each causing -450 armour for ten seconds). This attack immediately grants Locked On, even if Redwing was on Cooldown.

Unique Synergies:
    Taking Recon for the team:
    Falcon sneaks Redwing out to recon for his teammates. Any teammate with the Avengers or New Avengers tag gains a Partial Lock passive when the fight begins, granting +100 Critical damage, and 100 Armour penetration.

Captain America (Original, WW2, CAIW) and Civil Warrior: "I do what he does, just slower"
    • Falcon - Well-timed blocks are guaranteed Perfect Blocks, and grant Falcon a brief Fury passive effect (+25% Attack for three seconds)
    • CA, CAWW2, CW: Captain Rogers gains +2% Attack per hit in his combo meter, max +200%.
    • CAIW: Well-timed blocks have a 50% chance to inflict a Disoriented debuff (-25% Ability Accuracy for ten seconds). Chance increased by up to 100% based on CAIW's Sig level.
    Falcon's synergy with Captain America should be a good one; and the first three versions of CA seriously need an Attack boost. Giving CAIW access to this Star-Lord-style buff would push him way beyond God-tier though, so I've gone with building on his usual debuff-ability. On Falcon's side, that perfect block should maximise the stun time on Parry; and he has a short window to launch a boosted Special Attack

War Machine: "Wingmen"
    • War Machine - Special Attacks gain True Accuracy and +350 Critical Rating.
    • Falcon - Damaging debuffs are 30% more potent.
    Black Panther Civil War, Winter Soldier: "Wakandan Upgrade"
    • WS - Whenever Winter Soldier would inflict Power Drain, he instead inflicts Power Sting* for ten seconds.
    • BPCW - When Reflective armour is active, Well-timed blocks inflict Power Sting* for ten seconds. Cooldown five seconds.
    • Falcon - When Falcon Locks On, he also inflicts one stack of Power Sting, lasting for the duration of Locked On.
    *Power Sting inflicts 80% of the Attackers Attack as direct damage if the opponent triggers a Special Attack. Power Stings can stack up to three.

Ant-Man: "I know a guy..."
    • Ant-Man - Fatigue debuffs last 4s longer, and each stack reduces the opponent's ability accuracy by 10% (max 40% reduction)
    • Falcon - Whilst Locked on, Falcon gains a 20% chance to cause attacks to Glance.
    Sound any better?
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    Nice write up @Magrailothos
    edited July 2020

In case it's an interesting read for anyone, this is a Tune-Up that I put in the Champion Improvement Thread. No animation changes, and it adjusts Falcon's abilities, whilst keeping them centred around use of Redwing and his Lock On ability. It won't be overpowered; but should be more fun to play with:

Falcon

Health 15,508
    Attack 1193

Recon scan
    Redwing starts the fight on Cooldown unless Falcon is Awakened. Once Redwing is online, Falcon undertakes a recon scan by dashing back and holding block for 2.1 seconds. He then locks on to the opponent for ten seconds, with a cooldown of ten seconds.

Redwing's military-grade tech works best against opponents more familiar to the US military - the duration of both cooldown and scanning (holding block) are altered as follows:

This means that locking on to a science or tech champ only requires a 1.4 second scan (and has a 6.6-second cooldown); whilst cosmic and mystic opponents require a 2.8 second scan, and have a 13-second cooldown.

• +350 Critical Rating
    • Reduces opponent's Defensive ability accuracy by 100%. This is not effective against Phased opponents.
    • Reduces effectiveness of the opponents Armour, Physical Resistance and Critical Resistance by 500. These attributes can't be lowered below zero.
    • Redwing detects when the opponent is launching a Special Attack, granting +400 Block Proficiency vs Special Attacks, rising to +800 on well-timed blocks.
    Lock On now has slightly broader abilities to target an opponent's weaknesses, as well as granting a modest defensive boost against Special Attacks, which is built upon further in his Signature (see later...). No kind of scanning technology could possibly help him hurt opponents who are intangible, however; which is why Locked On doesn't allow him to harm such opponents

When triggered for the first time, Locked On also grants a permanent Partial Lock effect, which overlaps with Lock On, and persists indefinitely but does not stack. This grants Falcon the following benefits:
    • +200 Critical Rating
    • The defensive ability accuracy of Invisibility and Glancing effects are reduced by 30%.
    • If the opponent is bleed immune, Falcon detects this and switches to Incendiary rounds, replacing his bleed effects with equivalent Incinerate effects
    Partial Lock should give Falcon a bit of a boost for the rest of the fight after his first recon scan. The Critical Rate boost stacks with the additional boost of Locked On, so during that phase it's a fairly respectable total of +550 Critical Rating.

Signature ability
    Redwing receives an upgrade, and is available for recon scans from the beginning of the fight.

• Whilst Locked on, Redwing now gives Falcon even better advance warning of incoming Special Attacks, granting him a 50% Evade ability and an additional +800 Block Proficiency against them. Evade will not trigger whilst blocking.
    • While Partial Lock is on, Falcon cannot miss. This does not apply to Phased opponents
    Falcon's Signature now gives him a significantly longer Lock On, and a substantial defensive boost (Evasion akin to Sparky, although slightly less good - he is a Skill champ, after all) with both Evade and increased Block Proficiency vs Specials, on top of his built-in Dexterity mechanic. Awakened, he's also permanently able to bypass most Miss mechanics after triggering his first Recon scan.

Special Attacks
    SP1: Inflicts up to three stacks of bleed (65% chance each) inflicting 828 damage over 3s. If Locked On, bleed effects have +25% ability accuracy.
    SP2: The second hit of this attack receives an additional +400 Critical Rating, Critical damage and Armour Penetration. If Locked On, this hit has 100% Critical Hit Chance, and a 70% chance to stun the opponent for two seconds.
    SP3: Inflicts Incinerate (2386 damage over ten seconds) and three stacks of Armour Break (each causing -450 armour for ten seconds). This attack immediately grants Locked On, even if Redwing was on Cooldown.

Unique Synergies:
    Falcon sneaks Redwing out to recon for his teammates. Any teammate with the Avengers or New Avengers tag gains a Partial Lock passive when the fight begins, granting +100 Critical damage, and 100 Armour penetration.

Captain America (Original, WW2, CAIW) and Civil Warrior: "I do what he does, just slower"
    • Falcon - Well-timed blocks are guaranteed Perfect Blocks, and grant Falcon a brief Fury passive effect (+25% Attack for three seconds)
    • CA, CAWW2, CW: Captain Rogers gains +2% Attack per hit in his combo meter, max +200%.
    • CAIW: Well-timed blocks have a 50% chance to inflict a Disoriented debuff (-25% Ability Accuracy for ten seconds). Chance increased by up to 100% based on CAIW's Sig level.
    Falcon's synergy with Captain America should be a good one; and the first three versions of CA seriously need an Attack boost. Giving CAIW access to this Star-Lord-style buff would push him way beyond God-tier though, so I've gone with building on his usual debuff-ability. On Falcon's side, that perfect block should maximise the stun time on Parry; and he has a short window to launch a boosted Special Attack

• WS - Whenever Winter Soldier would inflict Power Drain, he instead inflicts Power Sting* for ten seconds.
    • BPCW - When Reflective armour is active, Well-timed blocks inflict Power Sting* for ten seconds. Cooldown five seconds.
    • Falcon - When Falcon Locks On, he also inflicts one stack of Power Sting, lasting for the duration of Locked On.
    *Power Sting inflicts 80% of the Attackers Attack as direct damage if the opponent triggers a Special Attack. Power Stings can stack up to three.

• Ant-Man - Fatigue debuffs last 4s longer, and each stack reduces the opponent's ability accuracy by 10% (max 40% reduction)
    • Falcon - Whilst Locked on, Falcon gains a 20% chance to cause attacks to Glance.
    Sound any better?
    Colossus would shred this man like butter
    Post edited by Kabam Miike on
    Savage said:

Daddrieda said:

moleman is trash
    funny, funny. But untrue nonetheless
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,347 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Falcon

Health 15,508
    Attack 1193

Recon scan

• +350 Critical Rating

• +200 Critical Rating

Signature ability

Special Attacks

Unique Synergies:

Sound any better?
    Colossus would shred this man like butter
    Heh heh. Well - class advantage, bleed immune, incinerate immune, armour break immune... Him and Emma Frost.

On the other hand, at least this version of Falcon has the block proficiency, armour penetration and evade to handle the situation a little better than he does currently.

Skill champs shouldn't really be taking on mutants, anyway.
    Post edited by Kabam Miike on
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Daddrieda said:

moleman is trash
    excuse me? What did you just say?
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Daddrieda said:

moleman is trash
    bruh.mp3