**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss Nick Fury Replacement

jdeck59jdeck59 Posts: 1,035 ★★★★
Okay, so I have completed paths 1 and 3 of the Abyss but am now worried I can't move onto others with Nick. Any suitable replacements for paths 2, 4, and 5?

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Path 2 you need someone for goblin mainly, cull is the best option, but I don’t see a reason why void can’t do it (damage is direct so should ignore his abyss node) or Corvus, but then you’re also dealing with the standard gg regen, but they’re all options

Path 4 and 5 the main issues are gulk and Yellowjacket, you can get through the last 25% of gulk with aegon torch or void, it would just be extremely slow, for Yellowjacket it would be a fair few revives but aegon can probably get it done
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    For Path 2 if you have him AA is amazing for GG
  • Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Venom will destroy that GG.Venom can also break armor as well.Plus Venom is also good against heroes that can beats E.g: Invisible Women.Cause you will not get stunned unless she is suffering from debuff. Since venom will have class advantage and he can place bleed debuffs, with max, deep wounds further scales his damage.Plus he has such high resistance that you can take as many GG SP1 as you can.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Fury really isn’t all that necessary for Abyss, I just did my second run of Abyss (Path 2) and didn’t even have him on the team.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    @Lvernon15 mentioned Void as a Green Goblin counter. While he can work, I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you can help it. I did it and it took me like 9 L1 revives and about 1 hour and 45 minutes of straight slow fighting to get him down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEKIqtarY-A

I finished all of Abyss without Nick Fury. Green Goblin was the point where I missed him most, but Void can get it done if you're in a pinch.

I did also use Aegon on one pass and Namor on another against Yellowjacket. I found Aegon to be quite a bit better. For both, you want to just drag out the L1 cycle as long as possible. Once you get to the L2 phase of the fight, just keep baiting the L2 and just pound on him until the power sting expires.

What I didn't like about Namor was his recovery times after his Specials. I couldn't seem to reliably through a special attack and then back out of range to evade the L1. Aegon didn't have a problem with this.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

@Lvernon15 mentioned Void as a Green Goblin counter. While he can work, I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you can help it. I did it and it took me like 9 L1 revives and about 1 hour and 45 minutes of straight slow fighting to get him down:

I finished all of Abyss without Nick Fury. Green Goblin was the point where I missed him most, but Void can get it done if you're in a pinch.

I did also use Aegon on one pass and Namor on another against Yellowjacket. I found Aegon to be quite a bit better. For both, you want to just drag out the L1 cycle as long as possible. Once you get to the L2 phase of the fight, just keep baiting the L2 and just pound on him until the power sting expires.

What I didn't like about Namor was his recovery times after his Specials. I couldn't seem to reliably through a special attack and then back out of range to evade the L1. Aegon didn't have a problem with this.

Yeah, void is a last resort if you don’t have other choices
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, void is a last resort if you don’t have other choices
    For sure. Possible, but not fun.
  • Options
    jdeck59 said:

Okay, I hate to say it but no Namor, Void, or NF. Am I better off hoarding more units for now and praying one pops up someday?

I'd say it's really up to you. You don't absolutely NEED these champs. Take some time, look at the map, and chart a path through Abyss that suits who you already have in your roster. You may gain the other champs in the meantime, but you can certainly get it done. I didn't have Nick Fury at all and I was missing Aegon on my first pass. You can get it done without the best champs. You can even do it pretty cheaply if you're dedicated to grinding resources.

2-3 weeks of grinding, then knock out a path. Repeat until it's done. Take a break if you feel burnt out. It's how most people in my alliance are doing it. Most people are spending less than 1000 units per path even with suboptimal teams.