**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What even is the point anymore?

2»

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

There really aren't too many exciting champions that I have to work with. I've already ranked up my best champions to r4 and/or r5 (Medusa, Blade, Colossus, Omega Red, and Cap IW) and now it's just a waiting game until my next rank up. I don't value any of my champions other than the 5 listed above as r4 worthy at my stage in the game.

I would say that both Iceman and Killmonger are worth ranking up. There are others who would rank up Doc Oc and Emma. That's a bit of a matter of taste. But part of the game is turning lemons into lemonade. Two of my first five 6* champs were Loki, and back then he was considered basically meme tier but using him in a targeted manner against tough content with a lot of buffs in play actually saved me tons of resources. There are fights where champs like Crossbones, Hawkeye, or even King Groot can be useful: KG was a slow but extremely cheap way through some Variant paths where I could basically walk through the path slowly at nearly full health.

Also, as some others have alluded to, your dry spell could be much worse: your pulls were front loaded with fantastic champs. For every player like you that gets the gravy first and then has to sit through a 25 pull relative drought, there are lots of other players who sit through that drought *first* before ever seeing Omega or CapIW or Blade. You do have the advantage of being able to play through the drought. And all RNG droughts eventually end.
    Fair enough. You make a good point. I guess I'll just soldier through this patch of bad luck and hope for some better luck!

Others of you will just say "just another moaning thread about bad pulls" but I have a right to be somewhat jealous of players who consistently get great pulls. Is there even a point to keep playing? I put so much time into this game just to not get rewarded by anything good at all.

my third account 6* collection:

by far the worst of the 4 accounts that have 6*s. Luckily I didn't jump out a window for this account, and soldiered on with the 5*s

I'd be lying if i said that max colossus came before the buff. Patience is a virtue.
    How tf do you manage 4 accounts? Wow that's impressive. You must have a lot of time on your hands.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

No_oneuk said:

im confused. as mentioned already Medusa is amazing for the 6.2.2 sinister boss.
    6.2.3 omega boss has nothing special about him cap america will eat him up pretty well.
    6.2.4 another boss - kingpin - that doesn't require anything special, i remember taking him down with blade - infact the enemies before the boss were harder - just let him sp1 spam and you're golden.
    6.2.5 this mordo boss sucks but in the top 5 counters most people would list blade with danger sense, thankfully you have a mephisto sitting right there you can bring to buff the blade.
    6.2.6 the best counter to this Champion boss in the game is arguably Cap IW and a lot of people get stuck here with the same argument you're making - not pulling the right champs. thankfully you don't have to look very far for the right champ, do ya?

take your colossus up when you get resources, and personally id take emma up too - both banging champions. you're gonna be fine pal.

Oh dang I didn't actually know all of this stuff. Thanks for going through every quest in 6.2 and telling me which champs work best. I didn't even realize that I could use the Blade/Mephisto combo for Mordo until you said it. Is Mephisto worth r3 or r4? I have some rank up gems waiting from some variants.
    r3 at minimum. He’s very solid for a lot of stuff, though you do have Colossus for the Coldsnap/frostbite immunity. However, he’s not immune to incinerate, he just gains power instead. His aura and regen are also very handy.

Also, if paired with Morningstar he basically gets 2 souls a successful fight if I’m not mistaken. meaning it takes you two fights as opposed to three to get max souls, and is helpful if you use the souls to regen.
    LOThunder said:

Bad pulls after bad pulls, and the cycle repeats infinitely. I have now officially gone 0/25 in 5 and 6 star crystals. All of the champions you see on the screen I have pulled out of my past 25 crystals (barring Proxima and Night Thrasher, I've had them from before). I'm stuck on the 6.2.2 Mister Sinister with no firepower to throw at him and beyond him because I keep getting champions that will not help me in any way. To top it off, today my 3rd ever 6 star crystal resulted in a savage rollover from a Nick Fury to an OG Black Panther. He completes my awesome trio of OP 6 stars, Hawkeye, Gamora, and OG Black Panther. I know some of you will pick and choose some of these champions and say that they're useful in certain miniscule pieces of content, but let's be honest, most of them will do practically nothing for my roster. Others of you will just say "just another moaning thread about bad pulls" but I have a right to be somewhat jealous of players who consistently get great pulls. Is there even a point to keep playing? I put so much time into this game just to not get rewarded by anything good at all.

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at that nick troll roll over, but I honestly feel your pain. 25 trials and not a character worth ranking high up, truly sucks.
    I have a Medusa(unduped) and Hyperion, but I still haven't tried 6.2.2. So don't stress it. You'll pull something nice soon and keep on firing through act 6.
    Thanks for the kind words. I was really bummed after that NF troll roll over as I thought I had finally gotten a great 6 star. But it's okay I guess, someday I'll pull a 6 star hopefully.

No_oneuk said:

im confused. as mentioned already Medusa is amazing for the 6.2.2 sinister boss.
    6.2.3 omega boss has nothing special about him cap america will eat him up pretty well.
    6.2.4 another boss - kingpin - that doesn't require anything special, i remember taking him down with blade - infact the enemies before the boss were harder - just let him sp1 spam and you're golden.
    6.2.5 this mordo boss sucks but in the top 5 counters most people would list blade with danger sense, thankfully you have a mephisto sitting right there you can bring to buff the blade.
    6.2.6 the best counter to this Champion boss in the game is arguably Cap IW and a lot of people get stuck here with the same argument you're making - not pulling the right champs. thankfully you don't have to look very far for the right champ, do ya?

take your colossus up when you get resources, and personally id take emma up too - both banging champions. you're gonna be fine pal.

Oh dang I didn't actually know all of this stuff. Thanks for going through every quest in 6.2 and telling me which champs work best. I didn't even realize that I could use the Blade/Mephisto combo for Mordo until you said it. Is Mephisto worth r3 or r4? I have some rank up gems waiting from some variants.
    r3 at minimum. He’s very solid for a lot of stuff, though you do have Colossus for the Coldsnap/frostbite immunity. However, he’s not immune to incinerate, he just gains power instead. His aura and regen are also very handy.
    He's quite a cool champ, but the main thing holding me back from investing all those resources into him is the fact that his damage is pretty underwhelming and I already have his utility in other champions.

Regen: Blade, Omega Red
    Incinerate, Coldsnap immune: Colossus
    Power gain: Blade

The main thing he would bring to the table for me is buff nullifying off of his soul imprisonment.

He also could be a good defender but if I'm not mistaken he needs to be awakened for that.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @KDSuperFlash10 hopefully with the coming champion updates some of your bad pulls won't look so bad. I wasn't happy when I pulled 6* Hulkbuster but that pull doesn't look so bad today.

No_oneuk said:

He's quite a cool champ, but the main thing holding me back from investing all those resources into him is the fact that his damage is pretty underwhelming and I already have his utility in other champions.

Regen: Blade, Omega Red
    Incinerate, Coldsnap immune: Colossus
    Power gain: Blade

The main thing he would bring to the table for me is buff nullifying off of his soul imprisonment.

He also could be a good defender but if I'm not mistaken he needs to be awakened for that.
    but instead of having to bring 2-3 champions, you just have to bring one.

That being said, I’d still take Colossus. Blade, on the other hand? probably not.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Look, no pain post will ever get to me because I can beat it.

In 20 featured crystals a few months ago, I pulled 8 Miles Morales.

In 15 featured crystals in the last rotation, I pulled 7 Punisher 2099, and the only featured I ever pulled was Nova, once.

Save it.
    YoMoves said:

In 15 featured crystals in the last rotation, I pulled 7 Punisher 2099, and the only featured I ever pulled was Nova, once.

Save it.

This isn't a competition chief.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

YoMoves said:

Save it.

This isn't a competition chief.
    Whooooooosh-that's the point going right over your head.

I'm going to point out that I've had 30 to 40 bad champs in a row before, but I'm still in a top 20 alliance competing with the best of 'em, and for the most part I play f2p.

Here's the thing:

You mostly got new champs in those pulls, meaning you can do arena more reliably with less time consumption using those lousy 4*s to grab more shards.

Luck always turns around, and having CapIW and Medusa tells me your luck isn't ALWAYS terrible.

Finally, yes, the 6* thing sucks, but you need more 6*s to even explore 6.2, so I'd just accept them for the moment. You'll get better ones in due time.
    Mcord117 said:

I see people saying Medusa is amazing for 6.2 sinister. Um, she most certainly is not. Can she do it with a decent amount of revives? Sure. Can you have a fight that just goes great and you hammer out 30-50%, sure. Can you drop 10 revives doing 10% an attempt, for sure. She is borderline passable for a single path

you know who can do 6.2 Sinister?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZaB77g3ySQ

kamala

Mcord117 said:

I see people saying Medusa is amazing for 6.2 sinister. Um, she most certainly is not. Can she do it with a decent amount of revives? Sure. Can you have a fight that just goes great and you hammer out 30-50%, sure. Can you drop 10 revives doing 10% an attempt, for sure. She is borderline passable for a single path

you know who can do 6.2 Sinister?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZaB77g3ySQ

kamala
    Oh God
    Mcord117 said:

Why is she not amazing for 6.2 Sinister? She gets fury buffs and she is poison immune. Is it because she crits too much?
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Well, I think you need to change your mind if you still want to keep this game in your Phone.

I guarantee that most of the players who are working on Act 6.2 have a similar (or larger) amount of mediocre champs in their lists. This is the nature of the game.

I do understand that nobody want to pull less useful champs again and again. What you need to do is to open more crystals....Great champions finally come~

Never the less, you have Medusa (awakened), Cap IW (awakened), OR (awakened), Blade (awakened), Colossus, Killmonger...

I have played this game for more than two years and have yet to pull Medusa/Cap IW/OR.....
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    least you have options to complete 6.2
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

let’s see, Gambit, Falcon, and Punisher 2099 are getting buffed, Squirrel Girl is actually quite nice, Night Thrasher gets better with higher sig, and a duped Ronan can destroy 6.3 CAIW.

You’re halfway there buddy, patience.

Shut up. Just stop. You have no right to talk about someone who is in act 6 when you haven't even beat act 5. Just please for once just let him b**** and be annoyed in peace. Stop trying to justify mediocre pulls when you have f**ing 4/55 quake that can literally solo act 5 and act 6 fights
    He's telling the truth...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    I never got the point of people with a Roster full of Champs who aren't happy they don't have the same few. It's the same as people with a closet full of clothes who say they have nothing to wear.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    Honest feedback but you seem to have only one rank 5 so it seems like you have focused on Story mode only so far. Now that you’re Cavalier why not complete all the Variant content so you can expand your roster utility a bit more with rank ups? You also might pull some other great champs in the meantime. You have some great champs already and further rank ups will take you much farther.

You’ve fast forwarded so fast in Story that of course Act 6 is going to hit you hard with a roster check. If your progression is still too slow for your preference you could consider a more competitive alliance. Shards to pull more champs and rank up materials will come much faster. That’s where you have to consider what is important to you in the game.
  • CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    I feel ya man. I hate getting all those bad pulls waiting for the next good one. At this point I’ve made it through act 6 and the abyss and I’ve been fortunate to grow a massive good roster. And I can honestly tell you between all of my 6*s and 5*s I use omega and colossus together the most. My omega is a 6* r2 with max sigs. And ya know what? I use my 5* r5 colossus for about 90% of the fights. And my colossus is only at a 170 sig. Not even maxed yet. I use omega for the fights with biohazard, poison, or rage. It’s insane how much damage colossus actually does now. And how easily! I even have a duped 6* doom at r3 and I use colossus more. Keep your chin up and keep plugging away because you already have a dream team.
    Mathgeek said:

FRITO_Man said:

let’s see, Gambit, Falcon, and Punisher 2099 are getting buffed, Squirrel Girl is actually quite nice, Night Thrasher gets better with higher sig, and a duped Ronan can destroy 6.3 CAIW.

Shut up. Just stop. You have no right to talk about someone who is in act 6 when you haven't even beat act 5. Just please for once just let him b**** and be annoyed in peace. Stop trying to justify mediocre pulls when you have f**ing 4/55 quake that can literally solo act 5 and act 6 fights
    he’s super salty about my Quake. brings it up everytime i mention something on bad pull threads. I try to look on the bright side, and he’s like no, no, you shut up you have great pulls yada yada yada.

apparently if you have Quake you can’t talk about bad pulls or something.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I stopped feeling sorry when I saw your top champs. You have, I’m pretty sure, everything you need to complete act 6, some variants and LOL at your fingertips.

Colossus/omega/Emma/cap/medusa is gonna smash most of that content. You have arguably the best synergy trio in game as 5*s (col/Emma/or) that you can take through act 6. Capiw duped also one of the best 5* you could hope for and covers so many fights with the right synergies and masteries. You’re well covered there via block proficiency and regen for the massive attack stats in 6.3/4 that is also pretty lucky.

For comparison I counted my 5*s that I haven’t even put any iso into. 38, a lot are duped so probably 50 crystals at least that have so far done nothing for me at all bar iso and 6* shards but I focussed on a small team that covered all bases and got all of that content down. My main pool of good champs is barely bigger than yours, account is 500k FWIW. Work with what you have would be my advice as the raw materials are already there for you.

I feel ya man. I hate getting all those bad pulls waiting for the next good one. At this point I’ve made it through act 6 and the abyss and I’ve been fortunate to grow a massive good roster. And I can honestly tell you between all of my 6*s and 5*s I use omega and colossus together the most. My omega is a 6* r2 with max sigs. And ya know what? I use my 5* r5 colossus for about 90% of the fights. And my colossus is only at a 170 sig. Not even maxed yet. I use omega for the fights with biohazard, poison, or rage. It’s insane how much damage colossus actually does now. And how easily! I even have a duped 6* doom at r3 and I use colossus more. Keep your chin up and keep plugging away because you already have a dream team.

Thanks for the words of encouragement man, that made me feel a lot better bout my roster. I love playing Colossus as well.

Mathgeek said:

FRITO_Man said:

he’s super salty about my Quake. brings it up everytime i mention something on bad pull threads. I try to look on the bright side, and he’s like no, no, you shut up you have great pulls yada yada yada.

apparently if you have Quake you can’t talk about bad pulls or something.
    he's right, Quake is the key to anything and everything in this game, no need to complain when you have quake
    Berjibs said:

I stopped feeling sorry when I saw your top champs. You have, I’m pretty sure, everything you need to complete act 6, some variants and LOL at your fingertips.

Colossus/omega/Emma/cap/medusa is gonna smash most of that content. You have arguably the best synergy trio in game as 5*s (col/Emma/or) that you can take through act 6. Capiw duped also one of the best 5* you could hope for and covers so many fights with the right synergies and masteries. You’re well covered there via block proficiency and regen for the massive attack stats in 6.3/4 that is also pretty lucky.

For comparison I counted my 5*s that I haven’t even put any iso into. 38, a lot are duped so probably 50 crystals at least that have so far done nothing for me at all bar iso and 6* shards but I focussed on a small team that covered all bases and got all of that content down. My main pool of good champs is barely bigger than yours, account is 500k FWIW. Work with what you have would be my advice as the raw materials are already there for you.

Guess I'll have to start using Emma more often!
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    What really sucks is when you buy featured crystals and still get sorry champions. Here's my last few 5* feature crystal pulls:
    Cyclops
    Yondu
    Ultron