**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should kabam get rid of diminishing returns and the challenge rating?

bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
edited September 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
I am not a fan of either of these game mechanics and imo they've made the game way less fun than it was pre 12.0. The challenge rating essentially lowers all stats and abilities chance to proct except health and attack power when facing an opponent of higher rank or weakens the opponent if your facing a lower rank. Like I said it effects all abilities and stats except attack powers and health. Second the diminishing returns system has made synergies virtually useless or severely weakened since it's inception in 12.0. This is not about the game being difficult or the difficulty of the game, though these effects hve made the game more difficult. So if you have a comment related to the change in difficulty this isnt what this is about so please respect that. The opponents couldve made more difficult in much better ways than by severely weakening all damage and healing across the board. Just saying if that was the goal. These 2 mechanics have made for less healing, lower damage, and smaller Crits. These r the 3 main things people like seeing while fighting myself included. Ps if your not engaging in endgame content this iant something you would norice per se, cause the beginer slash intermidiate stuff didnt change that much. So if you havent been plahing since 2015 theres no way you couldve seen the changes, so please keep it moving. Thkse of you thatve been playing since the first wp nerf please Let me know if you support my claims or don't agree and please explain yourself in a respectful way, this is a discussion not a platform to attack those you don't agree with

Should kabam get rid of diminishing returns and the challenge rating? 19 votes

No, I like the game the way it is, in 11.2 it wasn't fun to do crazy damage and having to not spend units or potions ever
0% 0 votes
Yes get rid of one but not the other
15% 3 votes
Yes get rid of both, they make the experience of the game less fun overall
84% 16 votes

Comments

• StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    I'd like challenger rating to go away for reasons I see consistently listed as complaints why it never should have been added.

I'd also like the old synergies back, because when fighting opponents, they still have flat % value added stats, buy we do not. Doesn't seem very fair that they can get +50% crit rate and +100% critical damage but we can only get point values that do not go anywhere near as high.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    It's really not feasible at this point to revert back. So much has been changed and integrated since then.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    If the whales had held on to the boycott a little longer we could have got rid of everything to do with 12.0

That wasn't happening. That expectation is what made the Boycott defeat its own purpose.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 ★★★★★
    Sadly, there are too many new characters who would be absurdly over-powered without DR to go back. And at least it affects everyone equally.

Challenger Rating could be altered. It's particularly frustrating because essentially it says any time you are at a disadvantage in a fight, you'll be at more of a disadvantage; if you were at an advantage, you get a greater advantage. Why was that ever necessary? Couldn't we be handicapped enough by nodes? Weren't God-Tier characters sufficiently overpowering?

Facing 6-star characters with 4-stars would be bad enough starting on an even footing. I don't really see why the weaker characters need to be further handicapped.

Apart from stimulating a desire for us to buy more crystals/grind out higher PI characters through the arena, that is....