**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss of Legends

So I’m just curious what is the average time and cost to run a full lane of abyss of legends. From what I gather it’s about 5k to 6k units and several hours of play. That’s roughly 200 dollars and a lot of time to complete content in a GAME. Also heard that the design is so you cannot one shot the majority of the fights because of the hit cap no matter how perfect you play. You can just do it a little cheaper. It’s confusing calling it a game when it’s challenging content cannot be completed with out good play or dumps of units. So please give me your thoughts on this

Comments

• Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    You can cut the unit cost significantly by stocking up on revives and 4hr crystals, researching and preparing for each fight, and bringing in the right counters
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 ★★★★★
    Definitely don’t take 5 to 6k unit can be done for under2k
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I did only completion. Also I didn't do it all at once, you don't really need to. I would even advise not to, you will most likely get tired and make more mistakes. Can't say exactly how much of gaming time or took, smth between 4 and 6 hours, I think.
    I spent 2k units and 30-40 revives I had. But I was making some mistakes, had not the best champs possible, like my 6* void wasn't duped for example. Used him for cyclops and mephisto, for sure could've spent less if he was duped.
    Hit cap is a thing. It is there must likely to slower players' profession, and it is almost ok. Almost - because of how it shortens list of usable champs for abyss, wich is my greatest disappointment. Add fights like havok or Deadpool, wich require a very specific counters, and aol completion and exploration is only matter of having 10-15 champs.
    And there is final boss fight. It is just a bs fight, I probably spent 1/4-1/3 of used revives in that fight alone
  • Options
    But, with right champs and some skill, some fights can be soloed with r5 5*, sometimes even lower, like cmm or cull.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    The hit cap is utter bs, without it, every single AoL fight is easily soloable with either Ægon, Doom, or Torch depending on which fight it is.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Lol, good thing you don't need to do it then. It's a huge challenge that takes skills and planning. That's what makes it fun.
  • Options
    ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Str8crazy said:

So I’m just curious what is the average time and cost to run a full lane of abyss of legends. From what I gather it’s about 5k to 6k units and several hours of play. That’s roughly 200 dollars and a lot of time to complete content in a GAME. Also heard that the design is so you cannot one shot the majority of the fights because of the hit cap no matter how perfect you play. You can just do it a little cheaper. It’s confusing calling it a game when it’s challenging content cannot be completed with out good play or dumps of units. So please give me your thoughts on this

Can not be completed without good play or dumps of units.. it's confusing when you expect the hardest content in the game with the best rewards to cost neither skill nor in gamr farmable currency to complete. Git gud or don't do the content.
  • Options
    Aleor said:

But, with right champs and some skill, some fights can be soloed with r5 5*, sometimes even lower, like cmm or cull.

Who disagreed? I got aegon solo kill with symb supreme. Almost got it vs vtd. A lot of solos on yt
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Dunno where you heard 5-6k, my cheapest run was 2k on path 3, and if I did the easy path now that I have all the best options I could potentially get as low as 1.5, yes I agree the whole hit cap thing isn’t a great design, but many people vastly over exaggerate it