BIG shortage of GOLD

124»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,492 ★★★★★

Addyos said:

Addyos said:

Addyos said:

Addyos said:

Kabam will have to fix the gold issue one way or the other. I just suggest that they fix it now to avoid all the screaming they will have on forums when r3 6 stars become a regular occurrence and the biggest of whales won't be able to keep up.

What does Kabam need to fix exactly? If you choose to do Map 7 or rank a bunch of 5*s and 6*s indiscriminately (or both), and are not utilising the myriad of avenues to obtain gold explained in great detail on this very same thread, then that’s on you. Not Kabam.
    You have 0 clue what you're talking about. Have you 100% act 6? Done initial clear of Abyss? Do you know how many t5bs and and t2 alphas I have expiring forcing me to rankup? Of course you don't. I'm talking end game grown folks talk. This doesn't concern you.
    Have I 100% act 6? Not yet. Done initial clear of Abyss? No. Do I know how many t5bs and and t2 alphas you have expiring forcing you to rankup? No, but I have over 24 million gold and tons of gold crystals, so when I do get to the stage you’re at, I’ll not be wanting for gold since I regularly hit arenas, do incursions ever so often, run quests everyday, sell excess iso when needed and the list goes on and on and on...

Will using these resources eat into my gold supply when I get to that stage in the game? Sure. Will using these resources cause a gold problem for me. Nope, because I’ve done the groundwork to never be short on gold for a long time. So again, what’s the gold issue that Kabam needs to fix? Or is it an issue you need to fix for yourself, when the solutions are already there?
    You don't qualify for this discussion. I had 16 million gold before I completed act 6. After I did all my rankups I was at 5 million. You are ignorant first and foremost and you are not on a level to compare your gold usage to mine. This is why you think 24 million is a lot of gold and its not.
    How exactly you know what level I am, or why I don’t qualify for this discussion is something I’d like to know lol, since I don’t know you personally and you’re making broad assumptions. What I do suspect though is that you’re running Map 7x5. If that’s the case, then there’s your gold issue right there. Because you choose to do AQ maps that have intensive gold requirements. Which nobody is holding a gun to your head to do. That’s your choice, and if your gold level takes a dip, then big shocker.

I hear you on the amount of gold you had before and after Act 6. But again, the gold issue you talk about is mainly on you. Not Kabam in this instance.
    Once again you're logic is to penalize me for playing at the highest levels of this game. That is absolutely a Kabam problem. If you want to play at a slow pace that is fine but don't blame me for over achieving. Thats weak sauce.

“Why is Map 7 so expensive?
    Map 7 is more rewarding than Map 6 - both in points and in Map Crystals. In order to emphasize the degree of difficulty and also to require commitment up front, the map cost has been set intentionally high.

You’re not being penalised for playing at the highest levels in the game. You are PAYING to play at the highest levels of the game. That quote came directly from the post when Map 7 was introduced. Since then, the donation costs for Map 7 were slightly reduced, but are still beefy.

So again, nobody is forcing you to play at the highest levels of the game. But you have to pay the costs that our Kabam overlords set to keep playing at said levels, which includes lots of gold. For the last time, the gold issue here is on you. Not Kabam.
    Well I'm telling you they will have to change it. Just like I predicted they would nerf parts of act 6. You have no foresight.
    They can't change peoples' spending habits.
    What does that have anything to do with the gold problem? Seriously, stop wasting time with actual game issues.
    The problem is people spend more than they make.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

The issue is really simple to spot
    There is no evolution since 4 star champions regarding ISO. We get the same amount of ISO for a 6-star dupes as for 4-stars, but the costs for ranking these higher rarity champions have increased. 24 T5 ISO were great for 4 Stars, because they helped you rank up several levels. BUT 24 T5 ISO is not much for ranking up a 6-star to rank 2. So the costs have increased, but the amount of ISO we are getting from a champ is still the same. At the same time: Gold is hidden behind lenghty content. Either incursions or Arena. People with a lot of time or a lot of money don't have gold issues, but others are struggling. We need T6 ISO and a Gold Arena. I have played a lot of multiplayer or collecting heroes games and this game is the only one that makes it so hard to have gold. When I play other games, I usually lack the materials and not the gold, but MCOC does it vice versa which is frustrating, because the gold issue is holding players back. It stops you from ranking new champions and facing new challenges and I don't understand why gold has to be such an issue.

To act like there's not a gold problem is silly and is really just a time wasting mechanism to be pro Kabam. Nobody is falling for that.

Two easy solutions. You double and triple the iso given for dupped 5 and 6 stars respectively. Or you cut rank up costs in half which would be easier, that's it.
  • AddyosAddyos Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited July 2020

I also noticed people can disagree with my prior comment but not refute it...

I didn’t bother replying because instead of arguing with persons who seem to want to have gold handed to them on a er...silver platter just because they feel they are at a higher “level” to other players, I just went back in the game and did my regular questing and arenas on my ‘lowly’ account.

You know, playing the game and earning gold instead of complaining about a lack of gold on the forums. Which is a much better use of my time. Cheers.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Addyos said:

I didn’t bother replying because instead of arguing with persons who seem to want to have gold handed to them on a er...silver platter just because they feel they are at a higher “level” to other players, I just went back in the game and did my regular questing and arenas on my ‘lowly’ account.

You know, playing the game and earning gold instead of complaining about a lack of gold on the forums. Which is a much better use of my time. Cheers.
    Yet you came back. Invalidating your entire message. Pathetic just like your account
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

Addyos said:

Pathetic just like me and my ego
    Fixed that for you

👑
    🤡
  • AddyosAddyos Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★★

Addyos said:

Yet you came back. Invalidating your entire message. Pathetic just like your account

Yeah my account’s pathetic since I don’t have a shiny r3 6* on my profile. Ah well. You got me there.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Addyos said:

Addyos said:

Yeah my account’s pathetic since I don’t have a shiny r3 6* on my profile. Ah well. You got me there.
    OMG u dunt haf R3 6* on proffil? U pafetic d00d

😂
  • Skywalker3221Skywalker3221 Member Posts: 156 ★★
    edited July 2020
    Daddrieda said:

dot_ditto said:

kabam, please add more way to get gold. all those 5*/6* rank up require insane amount of gold. Always short on gold/iso 😔

This month's EQ has - technically .. unlimited gold ..

Go into Northern Expeditions .. it's 0 energy cost ... run a few tiles, a few fights, etc ...
    exit, lather, rinse, repeat .. until you get how much gold you want.

problem solved.
    That could be a way, but wouldn’t solve the problem. For example how much time would it require a player to do the Northern Expedition quest to farm 100k golds compared how you could easy get 100k golds from incursion in about a hour or so.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Saving and waiting to rankup actually compounds the issue, unless more gold is made available in the game the other resources become useless unless they can be balanced by a reasonable amount of time required in arena, believe me arena isn’t a quick fix, so sure you can say don’t play that high a tier in the game but for kabam to be saying that with their gold imbalance is actually disingenuous it doesn’t make sense driving people to not bother playing high end, that’s a terrible business model
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Anybody that thinks this guy having an extra 3/45 every 6 months (and being able to use the t2a he is earning) without burning out on the game by killing himself in arena is somehow going to break the game please speak up. the noobs will rank more 3* and more ranking for arena all round, arena will always be used for f2p units and if you think anybody starting the game now is going to catch up to the top (or you) if they don’t have to grind so much in arena.
    Drop the rankup costs or give more iso for 5 and 6*. It’s actually only going to benefit the players
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Member Posts: 743 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    You have been on my thread viewing thing for days.