**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

5* generic gem and Guardian

As a proud owner Of a brand new 5* Guardian, i was wondering if people thought he is worth a generic awakening gem. Can pump 120 sig stones into him too. He seems pretty strong and his sig looks very useful (adds immunities resistance and block prof) Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I honestly don't know. He looks good though. Try him out and if you like him, use it. I've had three. Used one on CAIW (no regrets) but the other two have been collecting dust for ages. Better to use one on a champ you like.
  • Options
    KobikobsKobikobs Posts: 140
    Ive had two and used one on aegon no regrets .. but i was hoping for NF but who knows when that will happen
  • Options
    RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    It doesn't seem necessary, more of a bonus as it just boosts his main stats like Block Proficiency and Energy Resistance
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I would so some testing unduped before you make a decision like that
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    It seems like almost no one is worth a generic anymore. Aegon, Nick Fury? Thing? At 200, he's so clutch for high attack BS fights. I can't think of another name that's a lock. I don't think Guardian qualifies unless you have a definite use in mind and the stones to top him up and the other options already awakened and you've played around with the 3 or 4 version at no, low, and high sig so you know the true difference.
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    I recommend you take him up to at least 5R4 and play him at least a month before using the Generic Awakening Gem on him....
  • Options
    BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★

It seems like almost no one is worth a generic anymore. Aegon, Nick Fury? Thing? At 200, he's so clutch for high attack BS fights. I can't think of another name that's a lock. I don't think Guardian qualifies unless you have a definite use in mind and the stones to top him up and the other options already awakened and you've played around with the 3 or 4 version at no, low, and high sig so you know the true difference.

What? Tons of people are worth the generic:
    Nf, aegon, hype, corvus, void, caiw, ghost, blade, namor, omega red, collosus, aa...
  • Options
    KobikobsKobikobs Posts: 140
    Thanks for the input everyone. I personally think he is worth it. His sig ability allows him to basically become immune to bleed, excellent block proficiency, major crit resistance. And the best of all is the energy resistance. With willpower he will be healing anytime a bleed/energy( which includes incinerate coldsnap limbo etc) is applied to him. Right now unduped he is already healing anytime a bleed is applied bc i have 2 pts in WP. I am pretty sure thats the case but not 100% positive.
  • Options

Nf, aegon, hype, corvus, void, caiw, ghost, blade, namor, omega red, collosus, aa...
    I wouldn't use a generic on all those champs. If my roster was shallow and I had the sig stones to max out the ones that needed more than 1 level, I might feel differently.
  • Options
    Kobikobs said:

Thanks for the input everyone. I personally think he is worth it. His sig ability allows him to basically become immune to bleed, excellent block proficiency, major crit resistance. And the best of all is the energy resistance. With willpower he will be healing anytime a bleed/energy( which includes incinerate coldsnap limbo etc) is applied to him. Right now unduped he is already healing anytime a bleed is applied bc i have 2 pts in WP. I am pretty sure thats the case but not 100% positive.

Enjoy. He's definitely a fun champ.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Kobikobs said:

As a proud owner Of a brand new 5* Guardian, i was wondering if people thought he is worth a generic awakening gem. Can pump 120 sig stones into him too. He seems pretty strong and his sig looks very useful (adds immunities resistance and block prof) Thanks

Absolutely not. He's good and can be useful, particularly if you push war and deal with flow, not remotely worth a generic gen though
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    If you have a very large roster and AGs to spare sure, but if that was the case this post wouldn't exist. I have him as a 6* and he's definitely a solid champ and benefits from his sig greatly, but worth a generic when you're still building a 5* base, which I assume you are, not even remotely
  • Options
    Eldot5Eldot5 Posts: 18
    edited July 2020
    @Kobikobs
    What’s been your experience so far playing with Guardian?
    I’ve had some weird interactions happen in two wars now where I’ve used him against Domino and it seems his crit resistance is non-existent as a defensive ability. (Mine is maxed)
  • Options
    ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287

I wouldn't use a generic on all those champs. If my roster was shallow and I had the sig stones to max out the ones that needed more than 1 level, I might feel differently.
    You are thinking in a wrong way. Shallow roster need to be careful about AG. But if you have a moderately large roster, you don’t need to be that much conservative. And resources always give you the better value the sooner you are spending them. Cause later they are going to depreciate.
    And all of the above characters get benefitted significantly that validates a generic AG.