**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It is a sad day for Carl Lucas/Luke Cage in MCOC history, maybe ever.

Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
A Tribute to my 4* Luke Cage*
*some details may be exaggerated.

Today is a momentous, depressive occasion. It is the 1st time in MCOC history that Luke Cage has been taken OFF the questing team and been replaced by my new 5* Captain America Infinity War. I remember I pulled him back in the days while he was bad and I hid him away, however, he was one of my 1st 4* champions so I could not resist toying with him despite his extremely bad mechanics.
That all changed when he became buffed. My anger and my lust for power had me immediately rank that bad boy up. I saw how much he changed, his stun lock, his invulnerability. I would max him out as fast as possible. I used his nearly infinite stun-lock for days to come, wiping out the Maestro and Collector with rapid, yet powerful flurries of what we call his "Special One Attack".
Unfortunately, I got to Act 5, Chapter 3, (Quest?) 1. I unknowingly took him in, not hearing of this so-called "attack reduction". "I'll just out-hit them", I thought to myself. I took out the first enemy that was easy to cage with battle wounds, but nonetheless still suceeded. Second enemy, tough but doable. To my despair, it did not work the 3rd time and this glorious, epic champion fell for the 1st time in eons. I was in panic and forced to use my Iron Man Infinity War to beat the quest. Alas, I had to leave as destiny (called chicken and lack of energy) was calling me and my stomach responded. When I came back, I duped a 4* from a PHC, surprisingly. I had then glanced over at my 5* shards. 15,000.
I closed my eyes and spun that 5* featured like it was a merry-go-ride and out came a glorious Captain America Infinity War. I couldn't believe it. In raw shock, I beat 5.3.1 (without Luke Cage) to try and test him out in a couple quests. My god, was he amazing. I won't go into much detail since you all might feel bad, but think of "good damage SP2". Then, I decided to try out 5.3.2 after all my energy had come. A Yellowjacket and Juggernaut were calling my name and I thought to myself, "Yesterday was a bad day. Let me try Caging it again".
BANG! Yellowjacket's unevadable special one mesmerized my poor Luke, leaving him at 10%, making me restart and send in IMIW and make him sit at a psuedo-powerlock (kabam, IMIW still generates less power I'm pretty sure. Somebody try that out for me please.). I saw Juggernaut afterwards, with his feeble muscles. I sent in the Cage, and to my surprise for the 1st time ever I had been bested in the 1st fight, by a mystic champion nonetheless.
Then, I recalled my Captain America Infinity War. He was Rank 3, Level 29. Using my super sleuth brain, I deduced Juggernaut could be rendered useless should I use him. But who to swap him out for? Namor had raw damage, Venom bleed damage, IMIW tanked, Doctor Voodoo had the power control... oh no. OH NO PLEASE GOD NO! Luke Cage. His name echoed through my head. His poison immunity and concussion weren't enough to make me think it over. The 50% damage reduction was too much for even him. With heavy fingers and sincerity, I dragged him to my roster selection screen, and then dragged Captain America Infinity War back.
I always knew I would have to say goodbye, but I never thought it would be this soon. (Yeah, I'll use him in the part where Science doesn't get a damage reduction, but just the fact I ever had to swap him out made me realize how much I had grown and how he had became sort of, obsolete.)

I'll be back soon! Believe me. (Also, I don't want to use Aegon because these fights are already long, and Aegon with no combo meter hits really low. Just my opinion)

TLDR, A champion has fallen. I had to take my Luke Cage off the questing team for the first time in years due to him not having enough damage to satisfy my needs, and Captain America Infinity War being my new 5* Rank 3.

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    2 words...act 5.3...
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    that’s like my four star Gulk. I used him for everything, then I pulled a five star Quake. Bye bye gulk
  • Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    You can just replace venom with lc venom needs his duped tho
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Someone give me a tissue, I can't handle this!

nah but lowkey you should try becoming a writer, this was an emotional rollercoaster my guy
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    "this glorious, epic champion fell for the 1st time in eons"

Shakespeare who?
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Awesome style of writing. Also very relatable, as 4* LC was my first maxed out 4* and carried me through a lot
  • Options
    Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    F
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    Pours a sip on the e-concrete for 4* LC. Reminds me of when I retired by 4/40 Blade.... for my 3/45 Blade :D
  • Options
    MitriaxMitriax Posts: 215 ★★
    I'm not gonna read this, too long
  • Options
    GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    Moot4Life said:

(kabam, IMIW still generates less power I'm pretty sure. Somebody try that out for me please.)

It is a little-known but fully acknowledged fact (by Kabam) that lower rank champions generate less power. Yes, that means that a 5* R3 IMIW generates less power than a 4* R5 Luke, since R3 < R5. Good times.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Moot4Life said:

(kabam, IMIW still generates less power I'm pretty sure. Somebody try that out for me please.)

It is a little-known but fully acknowledged fact (by Kabam) that lower rank champions generate less power. Yes, that means that a 5* R3 IMIW generates less power than a 4* R5 Luke, since R3 < R5. Good times.
    No. It's about IMIW specifically. I'm not sure if it's been confirmed by Kabam but there have been posts about IMIW gaining less power than same rank champs
    is it possible that it's an unintended byproduct of the six hit combo?
  • Options
    YashvermaYashverma Posts: 6
    Luke was also my earliest 4* champ he helped lot those days and still helping with sasquash as he is the best counter for many like magik,dormamu, healing and tegen champs he is still very useful with some scenarios.