**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Convince me to not awaken Doom or Guillotine 2099?

My top five champs are a duped 5* Blade, duped 5* Quake, duped 5* Warlock, 5* Doom, and 5* Guillotine 2099, all maxed out. I have a 5* mystic awakening gem, and a 5* tech awakening gem. Fighting the resistance I have to awaken the two unawakened ones.

I just recently got Doom, but I've been playing with Guillotine 2099 for a while. I really want to awaken Doom, because I really just want that look on his account and to rank him even higher in my top five - but I've heard that he doesn't need to be awakened to be effective (which is true; I've been killing it with him), and that I should save that mystic gem for a Ghost Rider or something (other unawakened mystic champs I have: Black Widow CV r3, Morningstar r1, Tigra r1, Man-Thing r1). I've been dying to awaken him, but it feels like the wrong decision based on some things I've heard.

Same for Guillotine 2099 - I've been doing amazing with her unawakened, but it's tough for me to withstand not pulling the trigger. Other unawakened 5* tech: Mysterio r2, and r1 Green Goblin, Sentinel, Vulture, Starlord.

What do you guys think? Is either of them worth awakening? Under what scenario do you think they *would* be worth awakening?

Comments

• SashankSashank Posts: 2
    Awakening Doom doesn't change much about him but if Black widow CV is awakened she gets death immunity which is really instead of K.O she regenerates health , so I suggest get Black widow CV duped
  • weketchumweketchum Posts: 62
    Sashank said:

Awakening Doom doesn't change much about him but if Black widow CV is awakened she gets death immunity which is really instead of K.O she regenerates health , so I suggest get Black widow CV duped

That's actually phenomenal reasoning. Exactly what I needed, lol. Thank you.

Any reason to not awaken Guillotine 2099?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I think Doom will be more worth awakening imo. With bwcv, you'll need to activate death touch on your SP 3 first, and it's not like you don't have lifesteal on your SP 2 already 🤷🏾‍♂️. As for Doom, that power gain replica is really handy in Hyperion, aarkus and supercharged fights (I assume there's more scenarios), also, the shock he inflicts can help you spam repeated heavies at times.
  • YeetusTheFoetusYeetusTheFoetus Posts: 22
    Doom gets a power gain buff on himself on nullifying opponent's power gain buffs, which helps a lot against champs that get power gain buffs, and can be triggered even at sig 1, so doom isn't much of a bad choice.

As for guillotine 2099, she has absolutely no additional benefits from awakening her. Use the tech gem on sentinel instead, if you plan on ranking him up for variant 2 and 3.
  • weketchumweketchum Posts: 62

Doom gets a power gain buff on himself on nullifying opponent's power gain buffs, which helps a lot against champs that get power gain buffs, and can be triggered even at sig 1, so doom isn't much of a bad choice.

As for guillotine 2099, she has absolutely no additional benefits from awakening her. Use the tech gem on sentinel instead, if you plan on ranking him up for variant 2 and 3.

I think Doom will be more worth awakening imo. With bwcv, you'll need to activate death touch on your SP 3 first, and it's not like you don't have lifesteal on your SP 2 already 🤷🏾‍♂️. As for Doom, that power gain replica is really handy in Hyperion, aarkus and supercharged fights (I assume there's more scenarios), also, the shock he inflicts can help you spam repeated heavies at times.

Might pull the trigger, lol. No high sig necessary either? What would the extra sigs do?
  • YeetusTheFoetusYeetusTheFoetus Posts: 22
    For doom, the extra sigs will give you a slightly increased shock damage on nullifying buffs. The difference is barely noticeable as it is definitely not the main source of damage.
    For guillotine 2099, the extra sigs reduce the cooldown of power shield activation.

edited July 2020

Dooms is the percentage chance to apply a shock. Damage number doesn’t change. Shock debuff is not about the damage it’s about the ability to passively stun them and throwing a heavy attack.....

Guilly is more the percentage chance to enable the combo sheild.

Doom's sig is mostly useful on defense, if the opponent dexes his SP 1 and goes in for a counter attack, his aura has about a 30% chance (correct me if I'm wrong) to nullify the dex, and his sig ability can place the shock. The shock damage scales with attack (I believe), and it makes him more aggressive with his heavies, get caught by the passive stun, and you're probably dead!
    I remember getting wrecked by AQ Doom a few times because of his awakened ability.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    G2099's is alright to have if you are trying to do something like LOL with her, but honestly it isn't necessary at all. It gives a % chance to activate a combo shield with a 60 second Cooldown iirc. It also gives a 10% safeguard except against L3's

I would just save the gem