Arena matching

Space_gooSpace_goo Member Posts: 127
I hope the matching algorithm normalizes the competition. Seems unfair players can match even fights with 3 x 5* 2/35, while players with mid-tier rosters get more blocks to growing rosters, with 1500 PI teams consisted of at least a 3/45. As if the t1a cat quantity needs is restrictive enough

Death matches not sitting for sp3 is more fair, but still not fun, for me. I’d imagine some people like opponents with higher PI for more match points, though

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Trying hard to understand your point. I am mid-tier. So far, it is fine for me.
  • Space_gooSpace_goo Member Posts: 127
    edited July 2020
    Example in t1a arena today. Last week, 1 x 5/50 + 2 x 4/40 was similar PI

Saw your profile. Your prestige is even higher than mine.

Use higher tier champs then. :)
    Some more matcher specials

Saw your profile. Your prestige is even higher than mine.

Use higher tier champs then. :)

It's part of my point. It's not a level field, with tiered requirements. As you get stronger, you'll probably feel this pain, unless the matcher normalizes
  • TP33TP33 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★★

NOT FUN
    TP33 said:

NOT FUN

This is not T1A arena. :)
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    I understand your point as it’s unfair. Kabam is gonna improve arena and make sure those situation won’t need to happen.
    My point is for general arena.

Pretty certain any 5* 2 x 2/35 + 1 x 1/25 will get hard fights, until fight 21 in 5* featured. It gets worse, as you get stronger. I won't use 2 x 2/35 until fight 67. And there are still iffy fights that I sidestep, until 66 - 80
    I don't use 1/25 once past the 5th round.

As of last week, I could use 5* 2 x 2/35 + 1 x 1/25, without death squad. I’m too nervous for this arena. 2 x 5/50 + 5* 1/25 is ok, since the 4* refresh works ok and don’t take the deeper score dip from pairing 1/25 with 3/45 team
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    Space_goo said:

As of last week, I could use 5* 2 x 2/35 + 1 x 1/25, without death squad. I’m too nervous for this arena. 2 x 5/50 + 5* 1/25 is ok, since the 4* refresh works ok and don’t take the deeper score dip from pairing 1/25 with 3/45 team

Looking at your formula I do the same, but the only difference is that I do this 5* r3 or r2 x2 and 4* r5. This has always seem to avoid me death squad after achieving infinite streak
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Member Posts: 955 ★★★
    I heard somewhere ( cant remember where) that the average player could take out an opponent 2-3x higher in pi

I heard somewhere ( cant remember where) that the average player could take out an opponent 2-3x higher in pi

Depends on the champs, too. I can kill with power control teams. Iron Patriot/Moon Knight/Morales, not so much.

Jugg and UC get killed by HT and Thing nowadays
  • -sixate--sixate- Member Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I use 1/25 5* up to 8. Then nothing below R4 5* or 1/25 6* after that.
    is there an ETA for the "All or nothing" "fix?"

Though the disproportionate number of Things, Annilus, G99, etc will be this just irritating cost for this fix