Options

Is 5* Omega Red worth rank 5 without suicides?

I am a f2p and so I don't have the units for suicides. Here is my roster

Comments

• Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Totally worth it. He has some amazing utility and damage even without suicides.
  • Options
    BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    Yeah definitely r5 him. I took him to r5 without suicides.
  • Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    From what I've seen, he doesn't NEED suicides. Suicides are not a key part of his skillset, they just provide a nice bonus to his damage and ramp up
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    take guilli up shes better in my opinion
    ang mega pi
  • Options
    m4ciekkm4ciekk Posts: 96
    I wouldn't.
    I R4 mine and added 200 sigs and still barely use him. Most of the time I use him in a team with Colossus in low tier wars when Korg is the boss. But I still think Colossus is better for that job.
  • Options
    NoGutsNoGlory39NoGutsNoGlory39 Posts: 8
    m4ciekk said:

I wouldn't.
    I R4 mine and added 200 sigs and still barely use him. Most of the time I use him in a team with Colossus in low tier wars when Korg is the boss. But I still think Colossus is better for that job.

Why do you think you don't want to R5 him?
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I took mine up without suicides and used him for over a year throughout Act 6 100% many a time. Are suicides nice for him? Definitely. But he still absolutely puts in work without them. Was still clearing paths in Act 6 for me with relative ease
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,306 ★★★★
    As long as you enjoy Omega Red's playstyle (staying close to the defender to build up spores; timing your heavies to maintain the spore levels), he is definitely one of the champions worthy of R5. He has utility against nodes (biohazard, etc.), champions (no contact mediums), and has good regen. Good for clearing alot of content, and help you get the shards and materials needed to get more champions and rank more up.

I don't enjoy using OR, so I regret ranking him to rank 5 (but I have other champions that can fill in for him in terms of utility, damage). You have a relatively small (but high quality roster), so you may not have the privilege of ignoring Omega Red as he is one of your top champions.

If you have other champions that are good for clearing content, and you enjoy playing as, then R5 them if you don't enjoy Omega Red. If you enjoy playing as G2099 or VtD or Havok, they are other R5 options.