**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Canadian Difficulty Feedback

Comments

• Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Berjibs said:

Personally I would love a 6.2 champion boss, grandmaster or nameless thanos to fight once a month, not the same fights but something of that ilk. A month is long enough timeframe to practice and something like that would keep people engaged. Not everyone cav would do it but at least you could have a sense of achievement at the end like the first time you did any of those fights or did UC 100% the first time or whatever.

Hard disagree on that one mate. I think that fights like that are needed but not for cavalier difficulty. Maybe if they put them out as challenges I would like that, but having to deal with a fight like that every single month would be fun for a month or two and then it would become a souldraining clownfiesta of a videogame. I think they said something about challenges with hard fights is going to come to the contest though and it will be a seperate part from Monthly EQ. Also not everyone has the time to grind for hours daily just to get through Cavalier difficulty on top of every other piece of content.
    I Agee with you but for different reasons, those fights should be saved for big events, the thanos bosses coming in with infinity war and endgame for example. I can see the next use of that kind of fight being when we face off with galactus when the current Event quest arc wraps up.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I'm not cavalier and honestly I had a lot of fun with the fights I took. I left out a couple of fights per quest due to lack of roster diversity (which is understandable and I'm not complaining about it). Fights weren't really hard (and the ones which were I simply didn't stress on as I'm technically not worthy of the rewards anyway). Cool rewards, had fun! But honestly, the main event quest should be overall harder than this in terms of exploration
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Well yeah I guess i disagree back, it’s just boring to go through this thing every month where if you have the counter to a boss you just walk through the fight. I like those iconic fights because you need to have some skill not just a roster and units check. They said the format would change to make rewards path based rather than completion and exploration and also multiple bosses so there is scope to include things that not everyone has the skill or time to do but at the same time give those that do something to engage in beside idly tapping the screen and claiming rewards.

I’d rather be challenged and if anything prefer I wasn’t able to do 50% of the monthly content initially as it would at least have some longevity, especially if they are scaling back variants to a few a year.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    This isn't Cavalier Difficulty. It's Legendary Side Quest.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I think it was great. Only thing missing in the rewards were T1 alphas imo.
  • p2805rimop2805rimo Posts: 7
    I actually think the difficulty was alright, yes you would expect more amped defenders with more difficult bosses, but if you look at the pattern from epic, its the same, bosses with no nodes and attack and life of defenders lower than that of the main quest.

If we look at epic you have 11k fighters and the ambush wa at like 25k when in the quest last chapter you have 20k fighters with nodded boss of 40k. SO we can expect lke 35k fighters and 60-70k boss on the last chapter of cavalier.

Also I think cavalier its supposed to be for cavaliers, not endgame with 100% act 6 exploration. So in my opinion completion should be easy achievable by newly cavaliers and exploration only doable after you grow acostumed to the difficulty.

And for rewards , I cant say much but I think they should be tailored for players trying to 100% Act 6 and looking forward to go on Book 2.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    gsil6374 said:

I don't get why people are saying its too easy. Think; for the rewards we get, its just fine. You guys are expecting Act 6 difficulty with 250k health, life cycle and bane nodes on every path for rewards that won't even match act 6. Oh and btw, we are only fighting 3 enemies here, then the boss. The monthly events have us fighting 7-10 each path. I doubt Kabam is going to give us 5 star nexus crystals and 5 star awakening gems every month. So why should we have act 6 difficulty when we won't get act 6 rewards? Doesn't make sense to me.

For the rewards, it’s fine. But for the next step in difficulty for the Event quests, which they’re using Canadian difficulty to gather data for, it’s missed the mark by a long shot.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Are you complaining at people saying what they want cav eq to be based on this? Kabam literally said themselves that everyone should get their feedback on difficulty and rewards for this heard to help tune cav eq
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    gsil6374 said:

I don't get why people are saying its too easy. Think; for the rewards we get, its just fine. You guys are expecting Act 6 difficulty with 250k health, life cycle and bane nodes on every path for rewards that won't even match act 6. Oh and btw, we are only fighting 3 enemies here, then the boss. The monthly events have us fighting 7-10 each path. I doubt Kabam is going to give us 5 star nexus crystals and 5 star awakening gems every month. So why should we have act 6 difficulty when we won't get act 6 rewards? Doesn't make sense to me.

It’s not about the rewards, I just want content that is decently challenging, I was walking through it just as much as the lower difficulties. And I’m nowhere near proper endgame too.

Lvernon15 said:

Are you complaining at people saying what they want cav eq to be based on this? Kabam literally said themselves that everyone should get their feedback on difficulty and rewards for this heard to help tune cav eq
    No, I'm clarifying. This isn't Cavalier itself. It's the next level of SQ. "Road to Cavalier", which is intended to prepare people for Cavalier. I don't care if people have feedback. I'm differentiating between the two. This isn't a total reflection of what Cavalier will be, and even that will be accessible for Completion for new Cavs. Somehow people think it should be a chanllenge for only the best of the best, and that's never been the case for any Side Quest.

Lvernon15 said:

No, I'm clarifying. This isn't Cavalier itself. It's the next level of SQ. "Road to Cavalier", which is intended to prepare people for Cavalier. I don't care if people have feedback. I'm differentiating between the two. This isn't a total reflection of what Cavalier will be, and even that will be accessible for Completion for new Cavs. Somehow people think it should be a chanllenge for only the best of the best, and that's never been the case for any Side Quest.
    Kabam said it’s to help tune cav difficulty, if people think this is far to easy, they need to talk about it otherwise cav eq will come out and actually be for new cavs only
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I think Canadian difficulty is a win. My only to concerns were the amount of paths and the ambush. The amount of path gets to be a boring grind at some point and it I feel it drains the energy out of this quest. The ambush isn’t impossible And for me it was pretty refreshing but I didn’t like the idea that his approach was rng based. I’d rather have him on all paths or none. Just don’t like the rng being the thing that puts this at Cav difficulty.
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Kabam said it’s to help tune cav difficulty, if people think this is far to easy, they need to talk about it otherwise cav eq will come out and actually be for new cavs only
    The data is being used. That doesn't mean Cav will look like the Event. They specifically said while we were fighting Sasquatch.
  • NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 192
    Canadian difficulty was kinda fun except for the midlane ambushes. They should of kept the amped Sasquatch for the boss. The ambushes posed zero and I repeat zero fun

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

The data is being used. That doesn't mean Cav will look like the Event. They specifically said while we were fighting Sasquatch.
    They specifically asked for feedback and thoughts on the difficulty and tuning to use on top of their data
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

They specifically asked for feedback and thoughts on the difficulty and tuning to use on top of their data
    No one is stopping people from giving feedback. I'm just pointing out that the Side Quest isn't the same as Cavalier. The Side Quest shouldn't be so hard that only 5% can do it.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    After they fixed guardian it wasn’t bad for me. Unduped rank 1 6star luke cage is who I used on Sasquatch. Long fight, but clockwork after awhile. Would usually finish Sasquatch off with about 65-70% health left on LC from parrying and blocking damage. Before guardian was fixed I couldn’t get him under 50%. After the fix, he was a 1 shot. I do like currency based events better overall.
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★
    I honestly loved Canadian Difficulty, had issues sometimes, but then managed it in 2nd try always, as iam too miser to use potions, so always exit and try again..regardless of all these..

This month quest is way better than that Modok Hotel, which had same nodes popping up despite using randomizers. Rewards are more or less fine, could be a little better with week one and two, but week 4 is ❤️...

Games are fun till the time certain things are tough to earn and earned in limited quantity. Once it's overdone, we might enjoy for first few weeks or month but eventually we will lose interest after certain point.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Difficult was OK. A team of just 3 heroes (with one exclusively for the Sassy ambush) made it interesting. I don't understand people wanting harder content and then cry for using revives. It's a side event, it was fine. What I didn't like was the weekly wait.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    Have a monthly “king of the bosses” Arena fight whereby each successive fight gets harder by 25% (as the AI opponents attack and health increase by 25%)

Players can only join at their current game level, meaning if you’re cavalier level then you can only play in the cavalier level “king of bosses” Arena and not in the uncollected or lower arena’s

(If you are just Uncollected then you can only play in the Uncollected “king of the bosses” arena etc for the lower player levels)

Rules of the fight
    Bring any 5 champs
    No boosts allowed
    No revive or health potions
    No energy cost
    You fight until you can’t fight anymore

You get two runs per month (have the “king of the bosses” arena available in the same game cycle as the month quests.

Payout rewards as each fight is won.

Let’s then find out who really has the skill in MCOC.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I personally thought it was minimally challenging (honestly, I put in as much effort into Canadian as I did epic or master). First Sasquatch ambush caught me off guard but then I restructured my team to always have 1 champ capable of nuking Sasquatch. Still think his health pool was a tad high for the amount of repetition...we're running like a billion paths and coming across a 300k health champ on almost every run made an already somewhat boring mode very tedious. He's a simple fight once you learn his mechanics. I am not complaining he was difficult - just boring.

Maybe it was just that I burned out after having to run so many paths, but this did nothing to itch my tickle for a challenge. For me, it just didn't feel different enough from the other difficulties.

I always prefer trying to make a fight more difficult via nodes (which hopefully also makes the fight more interesting) rather than simply increasing health/attack. They did that here, so I'm interested to see where things may be going.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I really see people saying that it was not challenging enough for them, but they have not explored act 6 100% yet. So I might sound salty, but go explore act 6 if you are looking for a challenge. I haven't seen a single comment from people that have explored all the content asking for cavalier to be more difficult. Have you thought that people want to get the rewards that are offered in this event and not stress about going through hell again? As far as YouTuber's opinions go, Seatin, Lagacy and KT1 (all of them are end game players) Canadian Difficulty was amazing too. I am looking to earn rewards and not sell my soul to the devil for miniscule rewards. If Kabam wants to give me a Nameless Thanos fight on steroids again by all means they are welcome to do so, but I want to get much better rewards than 2.5K 6* shards. A Nexus 5* maybe would peek my interest alongside at least 7.5K 6* shards. Only then I would be interested in going through that "pain". Since I don't think that this amount of rewards is going to be offered to me on a monthly basis, cavalier should stay like this.

Uhh quite a few people that have commented have explored Act 6 and some of us have explore both it and Abyss as well
  • Haunted_ghoštHaunted_ghošt Posts: 75
    My feed back as a very new FTP cavalier is really good I think the nodes are beatable and the rewards added up well the only thing is even though I could takedown Sasquatch with r4-r5 5* champions I felt he was inconsistent with the difficulty if the rest of it had been just as hard it would have been more understandable but for only adding one enemy like that all they did was set a roadblock that means you have to be able to beat him or restart but it really meant more of an inconvenience than a challenge to stop players without the right skill/power level for the area and only annoyed the players that could beat him