**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you think Kabam should lock old content?

DretlleDretlle Posts: 41
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
With all the new buffs coming in the future do you think it would be a good idea for Kabam to lock character designs to the content they are in (Think along the lines of pre-buff Red Hulk being the first fight in Labyrinth.) This would avoid problems like the recently buffed Hulkbuster in Variant 4 who, because of being on a Biohazard node, has no good counters.

Do you think Kabam should lock old content? 84 votes

Lock content
69%
Nick_Caine_32Noodes_F4k3_GaM3rLibralonixkfd2010Anonymous346Racs0ShanLiss_Bliss_AgentDoom9Mcord117TheHoodedDormammuKade7175shashankchromeThe_Blue_JaguarAmazingStrudelspaceoctopusKDSuperFlash10heartbreakid_22Notsavage19 58 votes
Update champions in previously released content
30%
danielmathSnakeEyes69Eb0ny-O-M4wTimone147TamamortPrimmer79Clintonwalls101Hammerbro_64Panchulon21HeattblasttUnidentifiedCreatureRabangaJorgenautBeekeeperStevieManWonderIron_Patriot_is_litArsozTimeGenesisErosenseiogMasterpuff 26 votes

Comments

• DretlleDretlle Posts: 41
    Lock content
    @DoubleDelta They could update the special attack animations, just not update the abilities
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Lock content

In certain content such as abyss, rol and lol. Only issues I see is, imagine a new player coming in, they've only ever known post buff champ.. suddenly they're getting slapped by specials they've never seen before, they can't practice on lesser content.

Youve also got the fact as the game grows so does the meta.. imagine 4* Aegon 4 years ago in RoL. If they buff someone, I'm sure there will be just as effective counters out there, and it'll keep that piece of content relevant.

On the flipside, I'm just imagining having to fight like a stacked buffed up winter solider to farm my potions 😂 dont think he'll be as fun if he can actually hit back!

Nahh animations will still be updated just like LOL colossus’s animations were updated but they should keep the characters the same as they were pre buff, the pre buff champions are generally easier defenders so it would make sense and you wouldn’t get fights that are impossible to 1 shot like V4 hulkbuster
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    Lock content
    Dretlle said:

With all the new buffs coming in the future do you think it would be a good idea for Kabam to lock character designs to the content they are in (Think along the lines of pre-buff Red Hulk being the first fight in Labyrinth.) This would avoid problems like the recently buffed Hulkbuster in Variant 4 who, because of being on a Biohazard node, has no good counters.

Definitely, but not with everything. Fought that same HB the other day and it was ridiculous. As well as Spider Gwen in LoL being buffed for some reason (unless she was always that way?).
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

So by this logic act 6 should be “locked” and we shouldn’t have a nerf then right?

That is not by any means what he is talking about
    Oh I know that I’m just being difficult
  • DretlleDretlle Posts: 41
    Lock content

Dretlle said:

@DoubleDelta They could update the special attack animations, just not update the abilities

Still means multiple versions in the game. If you read what I said, theres positives and negatives. You asked my opinion, you got it.

I wouldn't fancy going up against one, but at the same time they need to be consistent. They've already done similar, and they locked off one of the champions they reworked if I remember rightly, probably Colossus, think they also locked his 1* version.
    A full rebuild like spidergwen / colossus where you have different animations and drastically different mechanics should be locked.

The likes of SheHulk / Human Torch, I dont think should.

Hulkbuster would be a tough call, animations are the same, but would you feel the need to bring a shock immune seeing him on your path? And would those shocks be a painpoint?
    The Shocks off of hulkbuster are potent without a shock immune champion you are likely to use at least one revive. The shocks deal .5% to .66% of his attack depending on the star level. When act 6 gets nerfed his shocks will deal 3k to 4k damage each.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★

So by this logic act 6 should be “locked” and we shouldn’t have a nerf then right?

I think hes talking about the champion buffs themselves. Act 6 is hard because of the nodes and boosts in stats, not the champions themselves
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Update champions in previously released content
    I don’t think this is feasible with the way they are looking at updating champs. This would become hard to manage in the long term as there would be be different versions of champs hanging around.

The better long term option for kabam would be to review the placement of the champ being buffed across long term content in the game when you go to buff before the buff goes live. If issue exists either:

A. Alter the node combination on the champ
    Or
    B. Change to a different champ.

This is a long term strategy that doesn’t have multiple versions of champs to fight through different parts of the game. Abyss and LOL type content is different then story content in this regards as well.