**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Destructive feedback electro

2»

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Lormif said:

Aleor said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

OGAvenger said:

It’s literally in the node description.

“All damage attempted by the Attacker, except a special 3, is stored until the timer runs out”

You are dealing damage to Electro. It is just being stored. However, since you are still doing damage you will receive damage back via Electro’s abilities. It is working as intended

You are right. but there was a contradictory statement made by Kabam Miike when this issue was brought up earlier. Someone had said that class power boost still give power whilst the destructive feedback shield was active and Kabam Miike said this is a bug. So from that statement it means that electro should not be dealing thorns damage.
    Not really contradictory. The power posts are based on the percentage of damage you take off the opponent with the attack, not based on the actual damage done. Dorky has a video on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/7eddef/power_boosts_are_they_even_useful/
    I know how power boosts work. It is contradictory since no percentage health is taken off and there is power being returned to the opponent based on what damage would have been done. If it is a bugged (power boosts) then electro should not be reflecting damage. If it is working as intended then Kabam Miike is wrong.
    Incorrect. 2 different actions.

Power boots are work off percentage done to the opponent, if it does not remove any health than power boosts should not work.

The static charge does not require any health to be removed, just damage to be inflicted. Damage is inflicted to the shield, so it meets the damage inflicted requirement.

Hey what can I say you dont seem to understand how the game works so I can see how you would think that.
    Actually the definition by kabam have been super vague and it's fine to not understand those fine lines. It's counter intuitive that Claire dosent heal but electro can reflect damage.

I dont disagree that the CV issue is super vague, I have been commingling on power boost vs this, that is not contradictory. Claire should have some clarification though and may be an issue they introduced when they reworked the ability to not heal on the champion.
    HI_guys said:

This is bull and you know it. She takes damage back because she inflicts damage but does not heal because she dosent inflict damage?

It all depends on the abilities, they have differnt requirements. I never stated it was a bug or not, that is kabams call. you can call it bull if you like, but there are lots of abilities if you dont pay attention to their mechanics and just say "well its a hit or a miss" would seem bull in compared to others.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Aleor said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

OGAvenger said:

“All damage attempted by the Attacker, except a special 3, is stored until the timer runs out”

You are dealing damage to Electro. It is just being stored. However, since you are still doing damage you will receive damage back via Electro’s abilities. It is working as intended

You are right. but there was a contradictory statement made by Kabam Miike when this issue was brought up earlier. Someone had said that class power boost still give power whilst the destructive feedback shield was active and Kabam Miike said this is a bug. So from that statement it means that electro should not be dealing thorns damage.
    Not really contradictory. The power posts are based on the percentage of damage you take off the opponent with the attack, not based on the actual damage done. Dorky has a video on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/7eddef/power_boosts_are_they_even_useful/
    I know how power boosts work. It is contradictory since no percentage health is taken off and there is power being returned to the opponent based on what damage would have been done. If it is a bugged (power boosts) then electro should not be reflecting damage. If it is working as intended then Kabam Miike is wrong.

Power boots are work off percentage done to the opponent, if it does not remove any health than power boosts should not work.

The static charge does not require any health to be removed, just damage to be inflicted. Damage is inflicted to the shield, so it meets the damage inflicted requirement.
    What is damage inflicted to the shield? You deal damage to champion. But if you want to go there, that shield doesn't have any abilities to deal back damage from your hits until you get touched. Also then that shield take damage back from electro, when timer expires and that shield inflicts damage to electro. Your concept of that shield taking damage seems like a sceneless justification of how it works atm to me.
    What does a shield haveing no abilities on its own have to do with anything? Node abilities augment a champion, it becomes one of their abilities, it does not sit out there in the abyss by itself.... Also when the shield does the damage it is not coming from the champion, it is coming from the ability itself, this is why you dont get any power from hitting them.

Hey what can I say you dont seem to understand how the game works so I can see how you would think that.
    The damage is not inflicted, if opponent's health stays the same. Electro doesn't take any damage when that shield is active. The node description says it prevents damage. I.e. electro doesn't take any damage from hits in that time. When he does take damage from shield detonation, you don't make contact hit.
    As it is atm, it doesn't make any sense with node and champion descriptions
    Aleor said:

Lormif said:

Aleor said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

OGAvenger said:

What is damage inflicted to the shield? You deal damage to champion. But if you want to go there, that shield doesn't have any abilities to deal back damage from your hits until you get touched. Also then that shield take damage back from electro, when timer expires and that shield inflicts damage to electro. Your concept of that shield taking damage seems like a sceneless justification of how it works atm to me.
    What does a shield haveing no abilities on its own have to do with anything? Node abilities augment a champion, it becomes one of their abilities, it does not sit out there in the abyss by itself.... Also when the shield does the damage it is not coming from the champion, it is coming from the ability itself, this is why you dont get any power from hitting them.

The damage is not inflicted, if opponent's health stays the same. Electro doesn't take any damage when that shield is active. The node description says it prevents damage. I.e. electro doesn't take any damage from hits in that time. When he does take damage from shield detonation, you don't make contact hit.
    The damage is inflected, it is just absorbed by the shield. No where does it say the damage has to be done to electro. The node description does not say it prevents damage in any place., it specifically states it stored.

Idk why it made sc above that bad
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    guys, we need to keep in mind when you hit Electro with the shield up, it doesn't show "0" on Electros side, the node is storing the damage, but I can also see why he's dealing damage back on contact hits and reflecting the damage he would have been taking if not for DF.

in this case I would agree that BWCV should be healing, because despite no damage numbers showing up on Electros side, she is in fact dealing damage that is simply being delayed or stored until the shield expires.

Despite BWCV being a bad matchup for that fight in particular, this interaction should in itself be addressed because I'm sure we will see more Destructive Feedback in the future Cav difficulty.
    RakeYoung said:

guys, we need to keep in mind when you hit Electro with the shield up, it doesn't show "0" on Electros side, the node is storing the damage, but I can also see why he's dealing damage back on contact hits and reflecting the damage he would have been taking if not for DF.

in this case I would agree that BWCV should be healing, because despite no damage numbers showing up on Electros side, she is in fact dealing damage that is simply being delayed or stored until the shield expires.

Despite BWCV being a bad matchup for that fight in particular, this interaction should in itself be addressed because I'm sure we will see more Destructive Feedback in the future Cav difficulty.

The thing is it doesn't show any numbers as well. It should be then stored and dealed back at the same time electro takes it. Or the moment after, so he would die first, as he first should take damage
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    Aleor said:

RakeYoung said:

The thing is it doesn't show any numbers as well. It should be then stored and dealed back at the same time electro takes it. Or the moment after, so he would die first, as he first should take damage

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but I read that as you want the damage numbers to show up while hitting them with DF shield up but only apply that damage once it ends?

if that's the case, I wouldn't be opposed to that, it would resolve BWCV not getting her regen despite actually dealing damage.

but at the same time it might be confusing visually during the fight.

if anything is fixed, I'm sure it will be the wording to how BWCV regens instead of the node itself.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    RakeYoung said:

Aleor said:

RakeYoung said:

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly but I read that as you want the damage numbers to show up while hitting them with DF shield up but only apply that damage once it ends?

if that's the case, I wouldn't be opposed to that, it would resolve BWCV not getting her regen despite actually dealing damage.

if anything is fixed, I'm sure it will be the wording to how BWCV regens instead of the node itself.
    They will definitely change bwcv wording that’s usually have it goes lol, they just change the wording of the champ.
    RakeYoung said:

Aleor said:

RakeYoung said:

I mean like activate any of this things after shield detonates. Also if you take block hit, you take the damage and those effects don't trigger, as you don't deal any damage eventually. That's how I would've make it
    Aleor said:

fair, I missed that in the description 3 times. But that does not work following your logic, you cannot prevent something AND store it. You have to use a bit of common sense. It prevents it to the defender and stores it.

I gave you my shield example with works like that, I will give you a MCU example that fits nearly perfectly. Black panther in his movie had a suit that worked like destructive feedback, it prevented the damage to him, and absorbed it for later so he could redirect it. If he also had a static aura that did damage every time someone made contact with him it would behave just like this.
    Lormif said:

Aleor said:

fair, I missed that in the description 3 times. But that does not work following your logic, you cannot prevent something AND store it. You have to use a bit of common sense. It prevents it to the defender and stores it.

I gave you my shield example with works like that, I will give you a MCU example that fits nearly perfectly. Black panther in his movie had a suit that worked like destructive feedback, it prevented the damage to him, and absorbed it for later so he could redirect it. If he also had a static aura that did damage every time someone made contact with him it would behave just like this.
    So basically the wording kabam did makes no sense?

Lormif said:

Aleor said:

only following the logic used by the people in this thread, where they assume damage is prevented means it is not dealt. I think, as I said before, that clair is bugged.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Aleor said:

only following the logic used by the people in this thread, where they assume damage is prevented means it is not dealt. I think, as I said before, that clair is bugged.
    Well Claire’s bug if it is a bug could be she’s supposed to be healing or the wording of her description or node description is incorrect and need to be fixed.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,105 ★★★★★
    I’ll agree that if Electro is dealing damage back to you while the shield is active then BWCV should be able to heal while the shield is active. Those two shouldn’t differ. However, I do also stand firm on you are dealing damage to Electro and it is just being stored. Therefore you should still take damage back.
    Lormif said:

Aleor said:

Lormif said:

Aleor said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

Lormif said:

gohard123 said:

OGAvenger said:

The damage is inflected, it is just absorbed by the shield. No where does it say the damage has to be done to electro. The node description does not say it prevents damage in any place., it specifically states it stored.