**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena is awful

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
This constant defender turtling and refusal to attack or throw specials is just stupid. I do not get it. Do you want us to have a crappy time in your game? Do you want it to be unfun? Seems like it, tbh.

I used to dig doing arena. Get to use a bunch of champs I don't regularly use. Decent rewards in terms of units and shards. The defenders attacked and played like they do throughout the game. You could parry. You could punish heavies and specials. You could dex out of attacks. It was as if you were playing against defenders that wanted to fight.

Not any more. Hold block, gain power, wait til they get an sp3. Almost every time. Arena has become a frustrating and completely non-fun activity. Why you guys redesigned it this way is beyond me. I would think you want us to have fun playing your game. Is that a stupid thing to ask for?

I play this game a lot. Been Cavalier a long time, have a great roster, do AQ and AW. Love some of the things you're adding, like the harder EQ difficulty. I really like Incursions. I'm a fan of the game. Just do not understand this BS you've added to the AI in arena. Feels like a big FU to the players.

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Of course...they did announce in the roadmap that they are working to improve arena (including AI).
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I haven’t encountered any of that.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Raganator said:

Of course...they did announce in the roadmap that they are working to improve arena (including AI).

Let's hope so.
    DarthPhal said:

I haven’t encountered any of that.

I only do the 5-star featured arena. Maybe it is specific to that. I don't record myself, so I can only explain what I see. I get to about 15 million in the arena each round, and this happens throughout the first 20-25 rounds for sure. Not as bad after I get into the streak.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    It’s only until you hit the 20th fight that the AI is passive. After that, you should be able to bait normally. It’s frustrating for sure, but it is what it is at this point. They’re on the way to changing it, just gotta wait it out.
  • Barca3bar3Barca3bar3 Posts: 25
    My experience is that the AI is random in the first 22 fights; sometimes aggressive like the players like and sometimes passive. The AI is the same for each series as you build your streak, so if you can bait in fight 1 of a series you’ll be able to do so in fight 3 as well. If the first fight is super passive? Good luck with your 5 minute fight.

They have definitely not improved the AI as outlined in their roadmap as of yet. Hopefully it comes soon as well as an upgrade to milestones and rewards to properly incentivize that mode of the game which is about 3 years behind the meta.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I had a bit of spare time, nothing else to do in game and I could always use some more units, so hopped in to arena, got a bit of a streak going.... And I litterally nodded off. Arena is just to dull and repetitive it actually made me fall asleep.
  • CacoSamaCacoSama Posts: 11
    I agree thank you for sharing your though because I though I was the only one getting kill by the sp3
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★

This constant defender turtling and refusal to attack or throw specials is just stupid. I do not get it. Do you want us to have a crappy time in your game? Do you want it to be unfun? Seems like it, tbh.

I used to dig doing arena. Get to use a bunch of champs I don't regularly use. Decent rewards in terms of units and shards. The defenders attacked and played like they do throughout the game. You could parry. You could punish heavies and specials. You could dex out of attacks. It was as if you were playing against defenders that wanted to fight.

Not any more. Hold block, gain power, wait til they get an sp3. Almost every time. Arena has become a frustrating and completely non-fun activity. Why you guys redesigned it this way is beyond me. I would think you want us to have fun playing your game. Is that a stupid thing to ask for?

I play this game a lot. Been Cavalier a long time, have a great roster, do AQ and AW. Love some of the things you're adding, like the harder EQ difficulty. I really like Incursions. I'm a fan of the game. Just do not understand this BS you've added to the AI in arena. Feels like a big FU to the players.

Try to always choose the harder difficulty matchup to fight in arena especially in earlier rounds.
    Keep in mind that “easy” matchups won’t throw their specials and won’t be aggressive leading to a weird AI behavior.
    Select at least “medium” or better “hard” if you can.
    If they are all “easy” and you are at an early streak, the only thing you can do, is to patiently bait specials for many seconds or even more than a minute in some occasions 😠
    Greekhit said:

Try to always choose the harder difficulty matchup to fight in arena especially in earlier rounds.
    Keep in mind that “easy” matchups won’t throw their specials and won’t be aggressive leading to a weird AI behavior.
    Select at least “medium” or better “hard” if you can.
    If they are all “easy” and you are at an early streak, the only thing you can do, is to patiently bait specials for many seconds or even more than a minute in some occasions 😠
    This is info I didn’t know.