**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Matchmaking, Season 20

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
With 2 Wars left, it's safe to say the Matchmaking hasn't been rebalanced. I'm asking, please take the interim to devise a better way to rebalance things than Matches that are way out of sync. It took many Seasons for things to get to where we are, and it's going to take longer for things to settle out than a few weeks or even a Season. The Season results this Season aren't even a reflection of actual skill because you have one side going up and up based on overpowered Matches, one side going down and down, and neither will show where they actually stand until both balance out and get to play fairly. It's demotivating to even play it. The Season is a competition, and it has to be a fair one from start to finish. For everyone.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

An alliance that is in gold 1 that cant beat other gold 1 alliances shouldnt be in gold 1 and thats exactly what happening right know showing everybodys true rank

No. It's not. Alliances aren't fighting their way through Matches that are made based on where they're at. One side is knocking the other down because of large roadblocks. That's not skill based at all.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

You can't really justify that this season hasn't balanced out when half the season was basically cancelled or not working due to server issues. This system will be better and you'll have to stick it out. When it gets to 10 seasons in and it's not balanced, then you fully have the right to complain, and that complaint would be justified.

I have the right to voice anything I want, and this is not the way to do it.
    Sure, but you also have the right to be criticised, and corrected. Pendulum. Both ways. Swings.

No matter how much you complain there is no system that is fair for everyone. No matter what idealistic shape you want there to be for war matchmaking, it cannot happen because someone always gets shafted and will complain.

So deal with it until it corrects itself old man.
    Your tone is quite disrespectful, so I'll look past that.
    Saying there's no such thing as a fair system is a contradiction. That was the whole argument for War Rating being used. There's no such thing as a perfect system, sure. What there CAN be is a system that is as fair for everyone as it can be. The Season this Season was a mess. People got placed in insanely disproportionate Matches, the ones that didn't have a chance fell, and the ones that they came up against didn't really earn anything.
    What there can absolutely be is a better way to balance things and implement War Rating that doesn't result in making half the Players want to walk away from War because they're being side swiped.
    I'm not arguing with using War Rating. I'm talking about a better way to balance the system than forcing people to lose and affecting their entire Season. This kind of immersion fix has effects for others. There are more people involved than just the ones benefitting.
    Lvernon15 said:

You’re in the vast minority here, the matchmaking removes all the weaker alliances who far higher than they should be, and the huge alliances that were held back are finally getting the rewards they’re capable of. Now I’m going to be somewhat biased since I’m in a big ally and we’ve had an amazing season, but it just isn’t right that a 26m rated ally was ranking higher then my 51m ally when they can’t even clear half the map, yes there are mismatches, but they’re short term, as the season has gone on there have been less and less mismatches, early on there were floods of posts about them here, now they’re scarce, and from personal experience our wars have got more even later on, and the same goes for people I know, this matchmaking is a great change

I'm not talking about the change. I'm talking about how it was introduced.
    Gmonkey said:

The big issue is they did not buff any of the lower rewards. For what feels like a year the game has moved so much but they are giving awful rewards for gold1 and lower

That's another aspect, for sure.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

You’re in the vast minority here, the matchmaking removes all the weaker alliances who far higher than they should be, and the huge alliances that were held back are finally getting the rewards they’re capable of. Now I’m going to be somewhat biased since I’m in a big ally and we’ve had an amazing season, but it just isn’t right that a 26m rated ally was ranking higher then my 51m ally when they can’t even clear half the map, yes there are mismatches, but they’re short term, as the season has gone on there have been less and less mismatches, early on there were floods of posts about them here, now they’re scarce, and from personal experience our wars have got more even later on, and the same goes for people I know, this matchmaking is a great change

Regardless, this is the route they’ve chosen to take and unfortunately I doubt they’ll change course now. I get the impression that your alliance got the short end of the stick more often than not this season - for that I can sympathise.

Personally, my alliance didn’t get any mismatches in either direction - all of our matches held similar prestige and total alliance rating. Incidentally, we did move from T3 to float between T1-2, looking like we’ll finish Plat 1 compared to last season’s Plat 2.

Lvernon15 said:

Regardless, this is the route they’ve chosen to take and unfortunately I doubt they’ll change course now. I get the impression that your alliance got the short end of the stick more often than not this season - for that I can sympathise.

Personally, my alliance didn’t get any mismatches in either direction - all of our matches held similar prestige and total alliance rating. Incidentally, we did move from T3 to float between T1-2, looking like we’ll finish Plat 1 compared to last season’s Plat 2.
    I'm not speaking about my Alliance. We've only really had large mismatch, and 2 BGs are always iffy. As for the course they've taken, I've seen the results of that course, and people have suffered because of it. One side doesn't matter more than the other, and as a competition overall, it should be a fair measure of what Allies can do. Not what they can’t do. As much as one side is happy as can be because they went up, another side wasn't even measured based on their performance. Just Roster size. I think it's definitely worth reexamining because it's not resolved and the last thing I want to see is another skewed Season. No one wants to play a War that's decided before they can even fight.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

There’s no good way to implement it though
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

There are a number of ways that could have been used to avoid what we've seen this Season.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

There are a number of ways that could have been used to avoid what we've seen this Season.
    Say what they are then, I’m almost certain there are other huge issues with them
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Say what they are then, I’m almost certain there are other huge issues with them
    I've already gone through a number that people argued against. I'm not setting myself up for an ad nauseum dispute. Those ways I came up with on the spot. I'm sure more capable minds can come up with solutions as well. The fact is the effects of this are continuing and prolonged, and I want to see the Season as a fair competition for everyone. Not just for the people benefitting at the expense of others.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    My 30m silver 1 alliance faced a 22m p4 alliance yesterday... they won, fair play, they beat us quite soundly, they deserved the win, today we are facing a 30m alliance for the fist time this season, from my perspective it is working, they will not lock ratings off season so by next season I feel we will be reasonably settled
    They should be locking Ratings in the off season. That's another can of worms.
    The whole point of using Prestige was the result of Tanking and other manipulations. Not locking it completely is kind of irreverent to the problem that got us here to begin with.

Lvernon15 said:

I'm not speaking about my Alliance. We've only really had large mismatch, and 2 BGs are always iffy. As for the course they've taken, I've seen the results of that course, and people have suffered because of it. One side doesn't matter more than the other, and as a competition overall, it should be a fair measure of what Allies can do. Not what they can’t do. As much as one side is happy as can be because they went up, another side wasn't even measured based on their performance. Just Roster size. I think it's definitely worth reexamining because it's not resolved and the last thing I want to see is another skewed Season. No one wants to play a War that's decided before they can even fight.
    I’m not denying that it’s worth re-examining. I’m sure they’ve already reviewed the data and considering some possibilities since the launch of the new system. I was just voicing my doubt that they’d go ahead and change much now, after dedicating a whole season to this current system. Again, I’m not saying that’s what they should or shouldn’t do, I just think that changes are unlikely at this point.
    I don't think so. If anything, more refinement now that a number of Alliances have shifted. What's done is done for this Season. I just know that it's going to continue, so I would like to suggest it's revisited for next Season. A lot of people really lost the desire to even try, and I can understand why.

Lvernon15 said:

I’m not denying that it’s worth re-examining. I’m sure they’ve already reviewed the data and considering some possibilities since the launch of the new system. I was just voicing my doubt that they’d go ahead and change much now, after dedicating a whole season to this current system. Again, I’m not saying that’s what they should or shouldn’t do, I just think that changes are unlikely at this point.
    I don't think so. If anything, more refinement now that a number of Alliances have shifted. What's done is done for this Season. I just know that it's going to continue, so I would like to suggest it's revisited for next Season. A lot of people really lost the desire to even try, and I can understand why.
    Not being sarcastic at all but could you rephrase that? I can’t quite grasp what you mean by your first two sentences.

Lvernon15 said:

Not being sarcastic at all but could you rephrase that? I can’t quite grasp what you mean by your first two sentences.
    What I mean is I don't believe it's too late to change anything, I think it's more a matter of refining it now that this Season has made some changes.

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

What I mean is I don't believe it's too late to change anything, I think it's more a matter of refining it now that this Season has made some changes.
    You must have misunderstood. I’m not saying that it’s too late to change anything, not at all. I just doubt that they will implement any changes ahead of the next season. Just a personal opinion, a loose prediction, a gut feeling - call it what you may.

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

You must have misunderstood. I’m not saying that it’s too late to change anything, not at all. I just doubt that they will implement any changes ahead of the next season. Just a personal opinion, a loose prediction, a gut feeling - call it what you may.
    I think now is the perfect time to discuss it.

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

I think I already mentioned above - I’m sure they’re already started to discuss potential options, since they’ve received an abundance of feedback since the new system’s inception. We can only wait and see what they decide.

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

I think I already mentioned above - I’m sure they’re already started to discuss potential options, since they’ve received an abundance of feedback since the new system’s inception. We can only wait and see what they decide.
    Oh, for sure. I'm just voicing my view. :)

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Oh, for sure. I'm just voicing my view. :)
    Likewise. :)
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    After the alliances are balanced according to game team's vision, where will an alliance with only 10 members and stacked with 6-Stars land?