**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cap IW, How worthy is he?

Hola,
I recently opened Cap IW as my 1st 6*. At first I was excited, as I am expecting someone like Karnak, groot as my 1st 6*. And I took beardo to epic summer SmackDown for practice. I even found few videos on how to use him before questing.
I don't find him that great in general. Yes, he has great block and sp2 does great damage if used perfectly. Other than these there is nothing so special about him.
Yes, he can nullify unstoppable but I usually wait for that unstoppable buff to go away and stike the opponent.
He don't have any immunities, DoT, or any perfect attack to counter mystic champs.
His awakened ability will give a little edge but his base attack damage is same as unawakened one.

I find many science champs like void, torch, wasp, Gulk, quake, thing to be more useful than him.

Please tell me what am I missing and any tips on how to get most out of him as I don't want to bench my 1st 6*.

Comments

• Options
    SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    in regards to your title

very worthy
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 297
    I have him as a rank 5 sig 200; use him in almost every scenario.
    The unawakened version still has extreme durability and perfect parries, also the ability to nullify unstoppable, but he really needs the dupe and high sig level to really shine.

Depending on the quest / path you can pair him with different classes to get the maximum utility out of him.

Good examples are:
    - Pair him with a skill champ and you can shrug off debuffs if you have at least one kinetic potential, so you can do
    biohazard nodes, morningstar, abomination etc.
    - Pair him with a tech champ and the petrify can make fights laughably easy (aggression: regeneration for example)
    - Armor break with cosmic teammates increases the damage significantly
    - A science teammate helps you with one more debuff (weakness) for heal reversal
    - Pair him with a mystic champ, it helps you to always have 5 kinetic charges against buff heavy champs

So all in all, in my opinion he is still a top science champ, and even unawakened he has his tankyness and perfect parries.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I’m perhaps wrongly assuming that if it’s your first 6* you’re not that far into story?

Even unawakened, vs variant or act 6 level attack values his combination of high damage and near perfect block is extremely valuable. Add in adrenaline and you’re winning.

He’s a beast for variant 2 if you’ve not done that yet.

I’d be overjoyed to get him as a 6* even though I’d much prefer a 5* that I’d be able to max sig straight away opening up all that sick utility.