**UPDATE - iPAD STUCK FLICKERING SCREEN**
The 47.0.1 hotfix to address the issue of freezing & flashing lights on loading screens when trying to enter a fight, along with other smaller issues, is now ready to be downloaded through the App Store on IOS.
More information here.

Why is Wolverine rated higher than Old Man Logan?

I don't understand why Wolverine seems to be considered better than Old Man Logan? For one thing Wolverine's SP1, SP2 and SP3 can ALL be blocked but all of Logan's are unblockable.

Comments

• Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Member Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Because prestige doesn’t have anything to do with the characters actual usefulness, if that were the case silver surfer and thor rags would be top tiers
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,961 ★★★★★
    The rating system you see is purely subjective.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Member Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    who told you that?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Oml might have a little more damage, but og wolvie has such a crazy regen than compensate for his lower damage.
    And you don't really need unlockable sps. Never faced a fight where I'd thought "oh, I need an unblockable sp here"

Yeah lol, I guess modok doesn't exist anymore...
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Mathgeek said:

Kabam we found a a hacker on the forums. He blocks special 3s.

Phase and Hold block with Ghost + Hood Synergy. You'll take damage unlike when you phase and don't hold block. You can block SP3s, but you'll still take the full damage.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

There is a reason why Wolverine was never released as a 5* until very recently in an offer.

The reason was that Kabam can’t rate their own champions.
    How on earth a mediocre damage champ like Wolverine, would be better than a 5* Blade which has a better regen (not because of potency but because of being passive effect and on demand) and way better damage and utility?
    Some things just didn’t made sense.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    Proxima can block sp3 effects by blocking
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,105 ★★★★

Proxima can block sp3 effects by blocking

For real?
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Member Posts: 246 ★★★

Wait...you can block SP3’s? Teach me your ways

Champs with indestrutible charges, like duped cmm in binary durablity tanking an sp3, or killmonger with indestrudible charges and tanking sp3, or luke cage and indestrutible and tanking sp3... Maybe, he just didnt explain "blocking" too well and forgot to mention a lot of details
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Champs with indestrutible charges, like duped cmm in binary durablity tanking an sp3, or killmonger with indestrudible charges and tanking sp3, or luke cage and indestrutible and tanking sp3... Maybe, he just didnt explain "blocking" too well and forgot to mention a lot of details
    I’m aware of those. I use KM daily. I was simply trying to be funny

OG wolverine has way better regen over old man logan. Alot of people see that as more valuable

Yea but Oml has better attack and bleed. Also, Oml is immune to AAR and his regen doesn't depend on anything, it triggers, whether you are attacking or not and at the start of the fight. I find that more useful especially in AQ as I can enter a fight at low health, avoid the enemy until I have regened a bit before attacking
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Member Posts: 245
    All older people are rated lower, cause they're old. :*
    walkerdog said:

I don't understand why Wolverine seems to be considered better than Old Man Logan? For one thing Wolverine's SP1, SP2 and SP3 can ALL be blocked but all of Logan's are unblockable.

Because their damage sucks. Both of them really. OML can get a bit more going, but it's just not that great. And OML's regen... also not great, and takes a lot of work. Wolverine is closer to someone like GR, but with less utility and even more healing. With both GR and Wolverine, in a long fight, you can heal 200%+ health, without having to go out of your way very much or compromise damage. OML, it's a decent amount of work to maintain the damage and to maintain his healing.

At the same time, the ratings are mostly meaningless, not true measurements of a character's usefulness or power, otherwise Silver Surfer would be rated lower, or would be a lot better.
    It's Wolvie's healing that requires you to maintain it. Oml triggers his healing without requiring you to do anything like attack or get hit. And It's really easy to get to 5 non-damaging bleeds with Oml. You can just block or parry. You don't need to reach 15, I get by wih 7-10 but with 5 your sp attacks are unblockable and you can access that sweet critical bleed. Even against bleed immune champs, his furies still does damage while Wolvie feels the mutant version of Groot. You're also forgetting that Wolvie's regen depends on his power and doesn't do much if you aren't awakened and at high sig, same can't be said for Oml. To be, Oml is better than wolvie. I have him at r3 unawakened and he destroys Map 4 and 5 every single time!
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Member Posts: 899 ★★★
    Aayush19 said:

So... Unblockable specials are the best thing out there? Just asking.

Imagine ghost without unlockable SPs
  • SavageYeti2631SavageYeti2631 Member Posts: 54

Must be fun at parties huh