**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wars are being won by alliances placing 0 defenders

Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
How did Kabam not see this coming? Will something be done to change this? It's absolutely ridiculous that you could win a war w/o placing defenders.

Edit: I looked forward to wars as I loved the challenge. Ran line A in tier 3 and most wars it was challenging to finish the path but felt great clearing Those tough fights towards the end of the line especially the debuff immune. What made it more challenging was not seeing the class of the champs placed unless you had class detect on.

New war fights are incredibly easy. The past two wars we have cleared the boss noded w/ ease something we wouldn't think of doing in the previous format. I feel like some of the hard work and pride in building a tough defense lineup and placing are gone in this new format. Bring back kills, make the fights slightly harder and please do something about the energy on portals.

Comments

• Options
    THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    what happens if both sides place 0 defenders?
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Go look at how scoring works and you should be able to figure out why this is happening (hint it's bc of choices the alliance placing defenders are making not he choice of the alliance not placing defenders)
  • Options
    LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    How did Kabam not see this coming? Will something be done to change this? It's absolutely ridiculous that you could win a war w/o placing defenders.

Edit: I looked forward to wars as I loved the challenge. Ran line A in tier 3 and most wars it was challenging to finish the path but felt great clearing Those tough fights towards the end of the line especially the debuff immune. What made it more challenging was not seeing the class of the champs placed unless you had class detect on.

New war fights are incredibly easy. The past two wars we have cleared the boss noded w/ ease something we wouldn't think of doing in the previous format. I feel like some of the hard work and pride in building a tough defense lineup and placing are gone in this new format. Bring back kills, make the fights slightly harder and please do something about the energy on portals.

Tier 1 and Tier 2 makes class detect useless lol
  • Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    This is good, on one of my other accounts I'm in a very lowly ranked and low membership alliance, we will just play 1* and 2* defenders. Thanks Kabam.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    The best way to combat zero defense placement is to use at least 107 different champs. Since it is counting per bg diversity, it's possible to have 150 unique champs. Then just run thru the map with a single 1* attacker and clear while the other team burns items trying to get 100% and get a good laugh off their failed strategy.
  • Options
    Kabam will change this soon. Seems their plan to increase spending by elimating points from defender kills was crushed by their stupidity in making it more advantageous to place 0 defenders. 0 defenders means one team uses 0 potions. Pretty soon all treams will be using 0 defenders and spending nothing on potions.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    It only took two days for people to figure this out and start doing this so it wasn't very obvious..lol They should have left war alone and focused on bugs and known issues before reworking war. I'm still mad about my expensive Vision not working properly.
  • Options
    "Working as intended"
  • Options
    Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    edited September 2017
    Proven once and for all that Kabam testers dont know their jobs. This was the stupidest thing they did, other than re id ing the cores on sale to track whether hoarders buy them or those with immediate use. The id was different and people could upgrade their masteries...

Stupid. Now this one of not checking all possible scenarios in a simple excel sheet to see scores is even dumber.

I really wonder what the tolerance level of professionalism is in Kabams country. In my country, if we did this, or any one of this, we would be fired.
  • Options
    beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    @Nexus_UY_Scuti did you even look at the screenshot from earlier?
  • Options
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    The best way to combat zero defense placement is to use at least 107 different champs. Since it is counting per bg diversity, it's possible to have 150 unique champs. Then just run thru the map with a single 1* attacker and clear while the other team burns items trying to get 100% and get a good laugh off their failed strategy.

You would never know which team does what before attack phase starts. If its a regular team who placed all defenders and you have placed bad defenders for the heck of diversity, they kill you.
  • Options
    Why would you not put defenders for alliance war? The whole point of war is to defend your territory and attack your opponent's.

If my opponent don't put defenders then it will be an easy win for us. But we will definitely put defenders to defend our base, make it hard for the opponent.

The all attack no defense startegy won't work because to be a good war alliance, you need to focus on both attack and defense.

Lol... Reread, rethink, rewrite...
  • Options
    SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    *facepalm*
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Instead of changing the underlying mechanism that made war so interesting and fun, why can't kabam just create 2-3 maps per tier (with different boost and nodes)? Wouldn't that be more interesting? If they change AQ miniboss after every reset, y cant they have 2-3 different kind of maps in war n have it randomly loaded during pairing?
  • Options
    In the best kabam'ed traditions, lol. If something is good in game, they will nerf it :D
  • Options
    0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    Thanks for sharing the easy way to win, hope kabam does not ban me saying this is a exploit.
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »

You would never know which team does what before attack phase starts. If its a regular team who placed all defenders and you have placed bad defenders for the heck of diversity, they kill you.

It literally doesn't matter. As long as you place 150 unique defenders and 100% the map you'll only lose to higher defender rating
  • Options
    *fun and interactive*...........
    Maybe in my baddest dream
  • Options
    Why would you not put defenders for alliance war? The whole point of war is to defend your territory and attack your opponent's.

If my opponent don't put defenders then it will be an easy win for us. But we will definitely put defenders to defend our base, make it hard for the opponent.

The all attack no defense startegy won't work because to be a good war alliance, you need to focus on both attack and defense.

Man, you are living in pre-new war setup. Defense doesn't really matter anymore--at least not against alliances with moderately good skill (or a willingness to spend). Good defense isn't stopping opponents from going 100% on this map bc the tiles for the most part are too easy. Yes, there are a few tough tiles, but the vast majority are easy enough that regardless of who gets placed on defense, it will be a 100% clear most of the time. In two wars, my bg has spent a total of 6 or 7 items and gotten 100% clear both times.

This last alliance we faced were spenders. They died I think 14 times to one of our minibosses. But they just kept spending and spending to get to 100%. But we won anyway bc of diversity.
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    on all of the post about the new war system I have yet to see a good response from a mod
  • Options
    on all of the post about the new war system I have yet to see a good response from a mod

That's bc hey haven't responded. The only response I saw was shock that scoring for diversity was per bg as opposed to alliance wide
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    This is kinda funny and kinda sad. So after this past war and I could figure out the exact points for everything, I gave my 10 year old the scoring system and asked him to figure out if this scoring system was fair. In 10 minutes he came back to me with, "no dad it isn't, a team who refuses to defend itself has the advantage in this every time."

So, they didn't even need a beta test to know there is a problem with the scoring system, just needed a 10 year old with a calculator.
  • Options
    J_PattJ_Patt Posts: 67
    @HoidCosmere lol they should hire your son to be a developer, i bet he would do a much better job then the ones we have now.