**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is 5* winter soldier ideal for a first LoL run

I'm thinking of doing a labrynth run soon and need to know if it's plausible with a 5* winter soldier... if not I can wait and r4 my captain marvel but that will be a long while, or r5 my 4* starlord I'm also planning on having 10-15k units and 200 hourly crystals

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Any 5* R4 can complete the easy path on LoL within 5k units. Hope that helps.
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Not to be that super technical guy that every one hates, but no, WS would not be considered "ideal". Ideal (best case scenario) is SL, and no one else. Can you get through with others? Naturally, depending on how much you're willing to spend. Alliance mates have told me r5 4* SL costed them less than 9k in units. But is that ideal? No.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    I'm guessing that's cause they brought 4* 5/50 sL with a crit team.

Sometimes the popular opinion is not the most ideal method.
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 310
    According to me ideal solution is sl,sw,thor for quick damage and yeah if yoh have Iceman and gwenpool they are much better.
    Gwenpool stop the magik limbo after 30hits and she cant die from special immediately.
    Iceman to he will only loss 5% helath if hit by higher damage special. or you can only take Wolvy he will save your much potion.
    Sw and thor are pretty much good attcker
    So sl,sw,thor,Wolvy,gwenpoolor Iceman will be good choice
  • ZurafaZurafa Posts: 52
    edited June 2017
    For now I'm only trying to do the easy path I have 5k units saved and plan to buy an Odin later this month, will focus on exploring it once I dupe my 5* starlord (hopefully I get a 5* tech awakening gem)
    Spidey076 wrote: »
    According to me ideal solution is sl,sw,thor for quick damage and yeah if yoh have Iceman and gwenpool they are much better.
    Gwenpool stop the magik limbo after 30hits and she cant die from special immediately.
    Iceman to he will only loss 5% helath if hit by higher damage special. or you can only take Wolvy he will save your much potion.

You mention Magik, so you aren't talking about realm of legends, but you also talk about 4*s as a way to save potions... So you can't possibly be talking about LoL, right? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you haven't finished a path yet.

SW doesn't work, each buff you have reduces your crit rate by 50%. Caps her damage pretty quick, not to mention the enrage timers.
    Thor isn't bad I guess, except the massive block damage you would take, enrage timers, and zero sustain.
    And wolverine again has enrage timers working against him, his heal isn't enough to keep him alive, and if it is, you can't crit which means you can't bleed...
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Also, iceman is only a good option for spider man in LOL. He can't do enough damage. If you plan on actually having to use his ice armor to save your butt then you aren't ready for LOL
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @Drizzits you don't take as much block damage as you would think from LOL champs
  • Slasherx44Slasherx44 Posts: 20
    You shouldn't try LOL with any 4 star champ unless your willing to spend an insane amount of units. The enrage timer will wreck you more times than you can count.

5* winter soldier isn't a good choice either because he doesn't hit hard enough, and against bleed immune champs it's going to be especially difficult. Its definetly possible, but then again how much are you willing to spend?
  • PhillyEaglesSPhillyEaglesS Posts: 49
    Winter soldier would be terrible. You want to push champs to their first special in LoL unless you can intercept perfectly every time. Winter soldier would make pushing champs to specials quite unreliable due to his power drain and you can only parry so many times. I would not reccomend using him.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @Drizzits you don't take as much block damage as you would think from LOL champs

That's true. People going through LOL are making use of their parries, evades, and intercepting more than their block.
    Which is another strike against thor, with limited parries his main source of damage goes away rather quickly, or becomes unreliable (yes I know the stun still activates, causing armor break, but with an aggressive ai recovering that quickly it could backfire)
  • BronzeFallBronzeFall Posts: 60
    BrianGrant completed LoL yesterday with about an 8 hour stream. He used Gwenpool and the mutant crit team. Also use boosts and masteries definitely make a difference
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Any 5* R4 can complete the easy path on LoL within 5k units. Hope that helps.

Dont lie my friend. Not any 5 star can do LOL with 5000 units. WS is not a good choice, his power drain prevents you from baiting specials which is essential for LOL
    Who is briangrant?
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Drizzits wrote: »

You mention Magik, so you aren't talking about realm of legends, but you also talk about 4*s as a way to save potions... So you can't possibly be talking about LoL, right? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you haven't finished a path yet.

SW doesn't work, each buff you have reduces your crit rate by 50%. Caps her damage pretty quick, not to mention the enrage timers.
    Thor isn't bad I guess, except the massive block damage you would take, enrage timers, and zero sustain.
    And wolverine again has enrage timers working against him, his heal isn't enough to keep him alive, and if it is, you can't crit which means you can't bleed...

Hey man, you're referencing the "Dulled" buff (reduced crit rate for buffs/debuffs). That was removed when 12.0 happened.

Maybe withhold advice on things you haven't done yourself...
    Still SW does not work! Unless you want to spend tons of units
    BrianGrant is a YouTuber
    Why do i need to care about him or whatever he has to say?
    Is seatin another one of these guys talking a bunch of nonsense in youtube so kabam gives them free champs?
    I dont know. I dont really watch him anymore
    I only watch a couple YouTubers becayse they are very resourceful. Some are very entertaining to watch. Nobody is forcing you to watch their videos bud
    Ewwww. Dont even know who they are and dont care, attention seekers!
  • cymuller25cymuller25 Posts: 13
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Ewwww. Dont even know who they are and dont care, attention seekers!

Oh the irony. The legendary Cap who easily beat master modes with 3 stars, whos known for crying about star lord and hyperion, calling someone an attention seeker?
  • I did my first run of LOL (outer path + Colossus) with duped r4 Gwenpool. It was rough but manageable.

It took roughly 5k units along with boosts, free crystals, and items in inventory. :/

I would only recommend doing LOL with WS if you have a stash of 8k to 9k units. Save those free crystals.
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 310

Starting from sw she is still work for me.
    About thor in easy path opponent's health are approx 1.5mil and thor sp3 with 2 armor break can do 100k damage at critical. And he will stay enough long to take opponent's upto their half health.so basically he can defeat 1 opponent in 2 run.
    About Wolverine i use r4 Wolvy against red hulk and he took out 300k health in one run just practising.
    That tip is for those Player who dont have enough r4 5* or those who have 4* r5.
    Mine all champ are at r4 and just waiting for sl to prepare my strong team.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★

Starting from sw she is still work for me.
    About thor in easy path opponent's health are approx 1.5mil and thor sp3 with 2 armor break can do 100k damage at critical. And he will stay enough long to take opponent's upto their half health.so basically he can defeat 1 opponent in 2 run.
    About Wolverine i use r4 Wolvy against red hulk and he took out 300k health in one run just practising.
    That tip is for those Player who dont have enough r4 5* or those who have 4* r5.
    Mine all champ are at r4 and just waiting for sl to prepare my strong team.

I have no info on LoL but what is the nodes buff that makes a 100k damage Thor sp3...??