**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why Science/Mystic is statistically the best dual class crystal

Here's a spreadsheet I made that basically transforms Seatin's Tier List into drop rates for the basic and dual class crystals: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJInCxqf5rTtmkdoIMdpVEILBOphFmNQMEtB8KePk30/edit?usp=sharing

Of course, this is kind of irrelevant if you're only looking for specific champs/classes. But for the majority of players with newer rosters like me, it would be helpful to know which crystal has the best overall pool for progression. In my opinion, any champ that's God Tier and above is considered a good pull.

So after doing some quick maths...

- Out of the 146 champs in the Basic pool, there's a 38% chance of a God Tier and above.
- Out of the 51 champs in the Mutant/Skill pool, a 33% chance of a God Tier and above.
- Out of the 44 champs in the Science/Mystic pool, a 41% chance of a God Tier and above.
- Out of the 51 champs in the Cosmic/Tech pool, a 39% chance of a God Tier and above.

Based on these stats, I would go for the Science/Mystic crystal if I only wanted the highest chance to pull God Tier and above champs and wasn't after certain champs/classes.

Check out the spreadsheet if you want all the nitty gritty details and stats for the rest of the tiers (I'll try my best to keep it up to date). Again, these are just numbers. In the end, it's really up to RNG whether or not you'll get the champs you want, and good luck with your pulls everyone!

Comments

• Options
    pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    @Cowabunga Do you like doing these type of statistics? If you do, would it possible to go one step further with this and add the 5 star featured crystal as well? Since the featured crystal costs more, you would have to factor that into the calculation.

It’s something I have been interested in, but have been too lazy to calculate myself. What is the real statistical value of paying extra for the featured compared to the basics?
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    pete8388 said:

@Cowabunga Do you like doing these type of statistics? If you do, would it possible to go one step further with this and add the 5 star featured crystal as well? Since the featured crystal costs more, you would have to factor that into the calculation.

It’s something I have been interested in, but have been too lazy to calculate myself. What is the real statistical value of paying extra for the featured compared to the basics?

The value is getting a jump on the new champs before they’re in the basic, honestly.
  • Options

But odds depends on your current personal roster.
    What if I want doom but already duped all other mystic science god tier + ???
    It’s not the number of existing god tier you should count, but the number of desired ones ... 🤨

He specifically addressed that in his post, allowing that it’s different for filled-out rosters.

The other perk to science/mystic is that since it’s the smallest, your chance of a dupe is higher over time as well.
  • Options
    IryseIryse Posts: 465 ★★★
    Yet I got an Iron fist yesterday 🙄
  • Options
    CowabungaCowabunga Posts: 78 ★★
    pete8388 said:

Yeah for sure! I'll compare them to the featured crystal to find out whether the extra 5k shards is worth the tradeoff. The featured pool changes a lot, so the value can increase or decrease every couple months.
  • Options
    KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    I need aegon on both accounts so I'm going for skill and mutant until I get them
    I have doom on one account so I could go mystic on my other for doom
    That account also needs human torch
    So it depends on what you need
  • Options
    KingKiah said:

I need aegon on both accounts so I'm going for skill and mutant until I get them
    I have doom on one account so I could go mystic on my other for doom
    That account also needs human torch
    So it depends on what you need

Yeah tbh all the dual crystals are pretty balanced. You can't really go wrong with picking one over the other.
  • Options
    Ab_Samad said:

So much for a statistically the best dual class crystal lol

Oof that's brutal.
  • Options
    Anyways...featured crystal is up! I converted the basic and dual rates to match the cost of the featured crystal. And believe it or not, the featured crystal has the best value! :hushed:
  • Options
    pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    Awesome! Thanks for your amazing work!
  • Options
    Cowabunga said:

Ab_Samad said:

Oof that's brutal.
    I opened 8 of them:
    Antman
    Wasp
    Wasp
    Iron Fist
    Magik
    Morningstar
    Morningstar
    Red Hulk

Magik was the only new champ. 5 were already duped. I know what you’re thinking...you should’ve hedged with another crystal. Well, I did three skill crystals. Karnak, Blue Cyclops and Night Thrasher. Even the last one stung, since I already awakened my 5 and already had the 6.

That’s okay. “Go clear some content and you’ll get something better,” you might say. I cleared variant 1 and added 20 sigs to Ronan.

At least I got Magik, and I have a 3-4 2015 gem. Blah.

• Options
    TyEdge said:

Cowabunga said:

Ab_Samad said:

Oof that's brutal.
    I opened 8 of them:
    Antman
    Wasp
    Wasp
    Iron Fist
    Magik
    Morningstar
    Morningstar
    Red Hulk

Magik was the only new champ. 5 were already duped. I know what you’re thinking...you should’ve hedged with another crystal. Well, I did three skill crystals. Karnak, Blue Cyclops and Night Thrasher. Even the last one stung, since I already awakened my 5 and already had the 6.

That’s okay. “Go clear some content and you’ll get something better,” you might say. I cleared variant 1 and added 20 sigs to Ronan.

At least I got Magik, and I have a 3-4 2015 gem. Blah.

I would gladly take all of those except for iron fist and antman :lol: , but Magik is such a sick pull!
  • Options
    rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    I don't have a single good mystic champ... All my mystic t4c are expiring so was waiting for this class from long time (yeah from the time it was announced)

Don't want to remember that moment again but here what I got from saving my crystals for around 3 months.. Including the crystals from 4th July deal..

Duped Wasp(okay but don't have ghost)
    Cap America classic
    Duped spider man classic
    Rhino..

So frustrated that opened basic 5*
    And duped iron man classic..

Game forced closed..
    Next day went for nightmare to try again for doom and it was beyond all tier CYCLOPS

Game force closed.. Atleast not trying herald difficulty this time..
  • Options
    swmcswswmcsw Posts: 249 ★★
    Don't worry, I've been trying for caiw for so long. Have a ton t2a and science t4cc in overflow. Had a bunch of shards from lol 100 and 4th July. Tried 7 crystals. All 7 mystics. Man thing dup, guilly dup, iron fist, dorm dup, loki dup, and doom dup who i already have sig 200 lol. Rng can suck sometimes.
  • Options
    PhuleproofPhuleproof Posts: 15
    I've currently opened 8 of the mystic/science crystals as I need Doom, CV and Rulk most. What I got:

Iron Fist
    Yellow Jacket
    Man Thing
    Diablo
    Diablo
    Sentry
    Miles Morales
    Man Thing

RNG is not my friend at the moment, but you've got to just keep chipping away
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Try duping Rhino on back to back crystals
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    In my want list for Mystic/Science included Doom, BWCV, and CAIW. My first 3 Mystic/Science crystals were as follows:

I was absolutely shocked I pulled back to back CAIWs and Sorcerer Supreme u is pretty sick too, I just need to get used to her. Yesterday I awakened my Hood. May try Tech/Cosmic next for Warlock or Ghost.
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 469 ★★★
    edited August 2020

• Options
    Thebg_JThebg_J Posts: 48
    Opened 2 5* got majik and HOOD, both useless when I already have a maxed 4* doom.

Never again 😂. I’ll stick to random, less disappointment
  • Options
    Bsweezy0821Bsweezy0821 Posts: 213 ★★
    Yeah I just pulled a 5* Loki from it... my bad luck with 5* continues
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    Just garbage so far. Still no human torch

• Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    I'm starting to sour on the duals a bit. They're an improvement if you're searching for a specific champ for content, but not the answer unfortunately.

I've opened 21 of the science/mystic looking for Torch for my Abyss team with zero luck. And an additional couple mutant/skill looking for NF. At this point, I'd gladly pay an additional 200k shards lump sum to be able to just get Torch or NF guaranteed.

I have a average roster for a low-ish spender who's been playing a while, with 113 5* champs. I'm not much interested in any more 5* champs besides Torch and NF for Abyss.

The thought that I could open another 20 crystals and still not get Torch or NF. Or that I could do 20 more of each for nothing makes me really tired.
  • Options
    Thebg_JThebg_J Posts: 48
    Recap- opened 2 5* science/mystic and got majik, HOOD. Already have a maxed 4* Doom, no need for the new 5*’s .

Opened a regular 5* before those 2^ and got venom the duck.

Just opened my 4th 5* (regular)......iron fist 😂😂🤪🤪🤬. 3 mystics and 1 cosmic so far.