**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Solution to AW no defenders exploit.

KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
So as we all know by now, some alliances are taking advantage of the new AW scoring system by not placing defenders. Although Kabam has given the option to either place defenders or not because in the old system not placing a defender was a mistake and a disadvantage, on this new system however not placing a defender is a new avenue to exploit the flawed scoring system and use it as an advantage(kinda like cheating in a way but not quite). So in a effort to avoid this type of behavior my solution is this: if at the end of the placing phase there are not 150 defenders(provided there are 30 members on that alliance) the battle groups will be randomly filled symbiods 8K PI. So in a way if you "forgot" to place your defenders, you are no on a disadvantage (lol). But in reality no one has an advantage since if both alliance 100% the map attacker kills will be even.

Comments

• Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Or the solution is to just place all diverse defenders on your own defense...
  • Options
    KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Exactly lol
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    We ought to just remove attacker kills too. Has anyone even thought about the feelings of the players who have their champs defeated?!? It feels pretty terrible...
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    So as we all know by now, some alliances are taking advantage of the new AW scoring system by not placing defenders. Although Kabam has given the option to either place defenders or not because in the old system not placing a defender was a mistake and a disadvantage, on this new system however not placing a defender is a new avenue to exploit the flawed scoring system and use it as an advantage(kinda like cheating in a way but not quite). So in a effort to avoid this type of behavior my solution is this: if at the end of the placing phase there are not 150 defenders(provided there are 30 members on that alliance) the battle groups will be randomly filled symbiods 8K PI. So in a way if you "forgot" to place your defenders, you are no on a disadvantage (lol). But in reality no one has an advantage since if both alliance 100% the map attacker kills will be even.

I like your idea, and it could be really good. But instead of 8k pi symbiods, make them 200% of war rating. So a 2k rated team that places no defenders has ~6k pi defenders, but gains nothing in defender rating or diversity of them.

There are quite a few good ideas floating around out there to eliminate the attacker kill manipulation "exploit". Something needs to be fixed before the next round of wars, and there needs to be more communication regarding scoring as well. Had @Kabam Miike given us the new scoring breakdown immediately with the other details released, this wouldn't be happening because it would have been pointed out long before war actually started back up again.
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    We ought to just remove attacker kills too. Has anyone even thought about the feelings of the players who have their champs defeated?!? It feels pretty terrible...

Hahaha yes man totally.

When i see 1 or 2 out of 5 of my poor defenders, who i grinded for and ranked up and provided them with so much love and care get defeated without getting at least 5 kills, i just don't want to place anymore. I have this 'feeling of defeat'.
    I hope kabam removes attacker kills points so I won't have that feeling anymore.