**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CCP and rank 3 champs

OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
Probably going to accept a lot of controversy here but I don't believe that it's fair that the ccp members in their 'beta' realm can freely take champs to rank 3 6* or 5/65 for zero risk. I don't think it makes for better videos as showcasing a new champ at rank 3 or 5/65 is really much different to them at rank 3 or rank 5 5*, I know there is an argument for the champ on act 6 content but surely a skilled ccp player can still showcase them regardless.

My bigger issue with this is the ccp players freely ranking the non showcase champs, it's the equivalent having a rank down ticket on hand as they will be able to exploit it to help their rank up decisions. Take the champ to r3 in their ccp mode and see if they are worth it, if there was no real improvement there is zero loss as there was zero risk, the rest of us don't have this option to 'trail' or have a cooling off period with a champ at the next rank up, when we rank there is no quitting or going back.

Comments

• Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    I quite enjoy the unorthodox rankup videos that we’ve been getting as a result of the CCP beta program. And I definitely prefer seeing the new champs in action at R5/R2/R3 level.

And at the end of the day, the vast majority of these players are a part of the CCP for good reason. They put out informative content, which usually takes a good while to plan, edit, and record/write up. If you’re really feeling so bitter about them being able to access the new beta, there’s absolutely nothing stopping you from doing the same and applying for the program yourself.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

I quite enjoy the unorthodox rankup videos that we’ve been getting as a result of the CCP beta program. And I definitely prefer seeing the new champs in action at R5/R2/R3 level.

And at the end of the day, the vast majority of these players are a part of the CCP for good reason. They put out informative content, which usually takes a good while to plan, edit, and record/write up. If you’re really feeling so bitter about them being able to access the new beta, there’s absolutely nothing stopping you from doing the same and applying for the program yourself.

I never once said or indicated that I was bitter about the beta or the cpp but thanks for trying to derail my argument. Yes, I'll agree they put the work in and it's valuable for us to see showcases of the new champs, this is always the case and I enjoy it. However, ranking other champs outside of the purpose of the showcase for a new champ or a tenuous link to a synergy isn't a suitable purpose for players to be able to rank 3 champs at will to try out. I can see this having a negative impact on things like legends runs in the future for other players who aren't part of the ccp.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Odachi said:

I never once said or indicated that I was bitter about the beta or the cpp but thanks for trying to derail my argument.
    It definitely comes across like you are. And I’m merely adding to the discussion by presenting an opinion - just because it doesn’t align with yours doesn’t mean that it’s an attempted derailment. Key difference.