**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Which would you prefer: better graphics or less bugs?

JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
It doesnt take a scientist to know that when characters have heavy Graphics like Aarkus, it slows down most phones from loading it properly. We constantly have errors and such and it could be better spent on fixing the bugs.

Which would you prefer: better graphics or less bugs? 78 votes

Better Graphic
5%
BigPoppaCBONELeNoirFaineantCiciliatoTheMailmann 4 votes
Less Bugs
75%
World EaterNoodes_ForwardHeroBoltsyTJ82VuDahKennadoDarkSoulDLXsest22HendrossPizzabeatSouthfenceMy_SuperiorJakearoundGrootman1294playinggameletChampioncriticGamesbond90Jedi_HawkeTheKillerSpork 59 votes
Indifferent
2%
Haji_SaabYodabolt21 2 votes
Can't we have both? (No you cannot)
16%
Hammerbro_64ThesurvivlistLmaoMysterioRU11011RenaxqqSpideyFunkolowlevelplayerSuperiorSymbioteodishika123AmnetiesShøckerBuckinghamshire_1 13 votes

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Less Bugs

There is one way to have both, but it would make a lot of people mad. Cut off support for all lower end phones. This would mean that they would have better android optimization, and also more server space. I don't recommend this strategy though

While it would benefit those who upgrade regularly, or invest in their devices a little more, the reason they don't cut support sooner for lower end devices is simple.

Money. More people playing, more people paying. It's all about earning as much and spending as little as possible on things that would benefit the players immensely. Newer, higher quality servers, more Testers and Developers, these things cost a bunch of money, that would actually improve the game more so.

Also a graphics setting option for those who can't upgrade wouldn't go amiss either.
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Less Bugs
    Like the one true king once said, fewer.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

There is one way to have both, but it would make a lot of people mad. Cut off support for all lower end phones. This would mean that they would have better android optimization, and also more server space. I don't recommend this strategy though

While it would benefit those who upgrade regularly, or invest in their devices a little more, the reason they don't cut support sooner for lower end devices is simple.

Money. More people playing, more people paying. It's all about earning as much and spending as little as possible on things that would benefit the players immensely. Newer, higher quality servers, more Testers and Developers, these things cost a bunch of money, that would actually improve the game more so.

Also a graphics setting option for those who can't upgrade wouldn't go amiss either.
    that is why I said its impractical and I don't recommend it. Doing this would hurt both the playerbase and the game as a whole
  • JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    Less Bugs
    I would like an option to turn off the background in gameplay and maybe special 3 animation.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    A graphics setting would be great like Damien said. Toggle all "aura" effects, since those are the ones that usually cause the most lag, such as Aarkus' smoke and Ghost's phasing.

However, it's not Kabam's problem that a player possesses a less-than-ideal device. Why lower graphics just because some people can't handle it? Also, I don't think they'd be losing a significant amount of money overall since it would be more likely that the players with the less efficient devices are F2P.
    Less Bugs
    I have an iphone Max XS , on a high speed internet, still have lag, if You watch any of the youtubers who post , they all have lag and or loading problems. We are past the point where it is just a problem with people's phones.... some acknowledgment on the side of Kabam in offering an option for those who support the game should happen.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Less Bugs
    JoseOk said:

I have an iphone Max XS , on a high speed internet, still have lag, if You watch any of the youtubers who post , they all have lag and or loading problems. We are past the point where it is just a problem with people's phones.... some acknowledgment on the side of Kabam in offering an option for those who support the game should happen.

yeah it's a strange thing with lag in this game. my friend on a xr has lag often in his fights, but i on a flasgship/year old android don't really have lag issues but just a worse playing experience overall
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Less Bugs
    oh and op, I think if everyone had to choose, they'd go less bugs. obviously, kabam want this too, but it's definitely not easy lol
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Better graphics doesn’t have to mean particle effects. Graphics doesn’t even have to mean more moving, glowing parts. Look back at old footage. It’s much lower definition then than it is now. I am always open to improved resolution.

Bugs will always be present. With a game that is continually evolving, there is no feasible way for it to be bug free. That being said yes there are bugs in the game, but none so crazy that they are game breaking in a bad way.

They shouldn’t cast one to the side over the other, and the fact that you think they should lay off members of the design team in favor of more debug folks is ridiculous. The design team consistently does a bang up job. No need to fire them.
  • sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    Less Bugs
    There is no doubt that putting a little effort to develop the graphics settings option would be a bit more work, but many of us would benefit from this great option. Each one adjusts their graphics according to their devices and tastes, it would give a better quality of the game to many users and it would significantly lower the bad quality of the game in terms of delays and freezes. I use an ipad 6, so far it is a good device, but I always have lags, in animations and special attacks, corvus special attack 2, dead pool and venompool special attack 2, dr doom special attack 2 and others, those small delays make That you lose the time of evasion and blocking, which causes you to take the hit squarely and in many cases lose the game, that sucks.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,021 ★★★★★
    Option E- Remove polls from the forums.

This is one of the worst topics I've seen. It's arbitrary as all of it is dependent of device. I have zero issues with game performance on my LG V60.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

This is one of the worst topics I've seen. It's arbitrary as all of it is dependent of device. I have zero issues with game performance on my LG V60.

v60 is a dual screen phone, right? Slightly off topic question, but how does that work for mcoc?
    Less Bugs

What you are saying is the definition of arbitrary,just because the lag doesn't affect you, doesn't mean it doesn't affect a majority of players.

v60 is a dual screen phone, right? Slightly off topic question, but how does that work for mcoc?
    @lowlevelplayer ATT ran out of the dual screen before I bought mine so I haven't been able to test it out. Really want to though.
    JoseOk said:

What you are saying is the definition of arbitrary,just because the lag doesn't affect you, doesn't mean it doesn't affect a majority of players.
    Get a better device and stop asking them to cater to your low end needs.
  • TeaguearinoTeaguearino Posts: 24
    Less Bugs
    less bugs, graphics are fine were they are

• Giodood_1Giodood_1 Posts: 388 ★★★
    Less Bugs
    it’s a mobile game graphics don’t even need to be that good
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★

Like the one true king once said, fewer.

Hold up