**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spiders evading Venom!?!

So I have video of Spiders evading Venom ! That’s one of his coolest mechanics. You fight spiders with confidence. They can’t dodge away. This has happened a few times now. Last was OG Spider-Man.
Has anyone else ran into this?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Tons of people who don’t pay attention to venoms abilities and the nodes.... did you happen to have you klyntar buff up?
  • Chadpool1Chadpool1 Posts: 348
    Nope
    Yep no kyntar buff means spider verse champs can evade all they want
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    Venom can only ignore spider verse characters evade while he has his klyntar up.
  • Chadpool1Chadpool1 Posts: 348
    I’ve never had that issue before. At all. No spiders weather buff is up or not can evade him.
    Chadpool1 said:

I’ve never had that issue before. At all. No spiders weather buff is up or not can evade him.

100% false

The only time it mentions it in his kit is part of the buff

Chadpool1 said:

And if you do not belive us, here it is form kabam themselves:
    From the updated champion spotlight

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/99187/updated-champion-spotlight-venom/p1

Klyntar Buff
    - Venom’s Klyntar Mutation Buff provides +182 Attack and gains additional properties based on Venom’s opponent.
    - Hero Champions: +15% Bleed Ability Accuracy.
    - Spider-Verse Heroes: All attacks ignore Passive Evade effects.
    - Tech Champions: Power Burn and Power Drain Immunity.

Developer Note: These effects are only active while the Klyntar Mutation Buff remains active. If the Buff is removed for any reason, all these bonus effects are lost until the Buff is re-activated.

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    You don’t have your klyntar buff, read his abilities, he needs it to stop evade
    or if you need even more evidence, here it is from the mods

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1156654#Comment_1156654
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Chadpool1 said:

You have a fate seal debuff on you which means you can’t activate any buffs and then Spider-Man can evade you as normal.

This is how his mechanics work and will happen every time you don’t have Klyntar active
  • PushPush Posts: 45
    So you need to watch for nodes that removes your buffs. Pilfer, buffet, empathetic lock etc. can use a work around just be aware and play smart. Its a mistake even a 7 year vet can make.