**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Final Thoughts on Summoner Showdown...So Far

2»

Comments

• Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    The rewards are the biggest joke of this entire year for a 1.3 million boss. Given the difficulty it must be atleast 10k shards per chapter.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    It wasn’t an extreme challenge once you put armour break on him it becomes a basic fight, I got a 688 hit combo on him was really easy
  • Options
    DeckardRJDeckardRJ Posts: 43

I'll just leave this here.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    It’s really not that bad, is it though?

I just did the fight while my son went down for his nap, took 10-15 mins and I got 500k gold and 3000 shards which will turn into 5000 if and when I do the next two.

Sure the boss rush is easier for 6000 shards but this takes less time than running herald 2 or 3 times, however you value those rewards in comparison.

If you need to practice for a few hours to finish it then great, you’re investing in improving your own skillset and that will reward you further down the line too.

• Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I don’t disagree with that and have said I think if it was doable with r3/4 3* for the same rewards people could rank up much cheaper.

Outside of that I love the concept, the HP could also be halved and it would still be a good challenge.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Honestly it isn't fair competition which is disappointing. I have a huge roster so not an issue for me but many can't even attempt it due to not having right counter. Thet should've provided all max champs and set mastery tree. Only way to mke it fair. As for difficulty its fine. It is supposed to be skill based.
  • Options
    th3motivatorrrth3motivatorrr Posts: 19
    edited August 2020
    since this was to be a skill based and competitive event, everyone should have been given the same champion and that said champ should have had a set of preloaded masteries. NO rng should be involved, so all attacks should have had set flat numbers. Your own roster and masteries should not have been a variable cause apparently skill is dependent on your roster? I think not. In order to eliminate any other variables that would skew who is the best, any damage over time debuffs on either attacker or defender should have been removed. Since this was skill based, what skills were to be tested and/or implemented? for instance, if perimeters of skill were set around intercept, then all defenders attacks should be unblockable. Who can solo fight or finish the fight with doing most damage is the victor. If some other perimeter to determine skill was to be acknowledged, then those perimeters should have been stated. People should have been given a set amount of attempts. Example, 3 attempts were the 3rd attempt or best score of the 3 attempts determines the victor. rewards are fine as there are intrinsic rewards associated with this event and that should suffice. All in all, this had a lot of potential but missed the mark by a long shot. Just a few thoughts off the top of my head!
  • Options
    TrueMasterTrueMaster Posts: 20
    edited August 2020

I rest my case
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    This event sucks, I have neither the resources or desire to complete it. Thanks for nothing. What a letdown.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKwX8-p-Z28
    Link to Seatin's vid, I love the part where he says "This is not my definition of fun."
    @Kabam Miike ... Care to comment?
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    The biggest miss of Summoner Showdown was the addition of the coldsnap node. This narrowed players options to very few.
    They would have certainly avoid all this cry out and have a better feedback if this node wasn’t there, as players would be able to use nearly every 4* 5/50 champ they have 😉
  • Options
    ConanjoustsrConanjoustsr Posts: 3
    I think it was a good challenge. Yes it was disturbingly difficult but thats what a challenge is, right? I was just trying random champions, while most are using medusa. I found better success using captain marvel movie, but only did it for show up as I am only an above average player.
  • Options
    My main issue is how they said EPIC rewards for meme tier rewards and made it out that anyone could it. Horrible marketing and even worse payout for doing it. And this is coming from someone who did it without resources lol.
  • Options

Ok, well at least they're doing something.
  • Options
    ZimdimZimdim Posts: 7
    And what about people that have specially ranked up a champ for this fight to succeed ?