**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Killmonger, Indestructible, and Recoil

JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
I’ve read the descriptions, and I understand that KM’s indestructible specifies that it ignores damage from attacks; however, it seems somewhat counter-intuitive to have Captain Marvel (movie) and the Stubborn defense tactic in AW negate recoil.

I’m not complaining- just hoping to discuss the implications of KM’s indestructible negating recoil. I recognize how much more fluid his kit would be be for most end game players running suicides. With 3 charges you could drop an s2 into an s1 and still have a charge left, which is game changing being able to use his specials with suicides, and lets be honest- he needs a little boost to his damage, which suicides help.

He’s not at the top of the meta, but I think this slight change could make him much viable as an attacker for many players.

Being able to stack bleeds and proc his s3 bleed stacks more than once wouldn’t hurt either, but that’s a conversation for another thread.

Comments

• Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    it would but kabam usually doesnt listen to these
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Haji_Saab said:

JChanceH9 said:

He’s not at the top of the meta, but I think this slight change could make him much viable as an attacker for many players.

How are u defining meta? Genuine question.

I see Act 6 as the top content and he did a lot of paths for me where I saw others struggle on those paths because they didn’t like playing KM or didn’t rate him highly.

I have been using him consistently in AW attack for the last 2-3 seasons now. Tier 4 mostly. Currently in tier 2 but he has been put on defence so won’t get any action but still that is another top use for him.

So I am not sure which meta is he chasing?
    Key word "top". Corvus, Ghost, Quake, Doom, Claire, Nick, Warlock, HT, they're all top of the meta right now. kM's really good and even used very often by some like yourself, but he's certainly not at the top of the meta in the current state of the game.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

JChanceH9 said:

How are u defining meta? Genuine question.

I see Act 6 as the top content and he did a lot of paths for me where I saw others struggle on those paths because they didn’t like playing KM or didn’t rate him highly.

I have been using him consistently in AW attack for the last 2-3 seasons now. Tier 4 mostly. Currently in tier 2 but he has been put on defence so won’t get any action but still that is another top use for him.

So I am not sure which meta is he chasing?
    I guess I define the meta- if I’m being honest with myself- by most of the tier lists out there, which seem to value damage to utility. I have KM at 5/65, and appreciate his value, so I don’t mean to sound like I only bandwagon, but that is how I define the meta.

At the risk of redundancy, his damage is lacking, even if he has solid utility, and if he could negate recoil with an indestructible charge, then it would allow (a bit better) damage and utility.
  • Options
    For the people who “disagree”, and like to know your thoughts.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah it guess it would be kinda op because you would just never take damage if you kept cycling sp2s. obviously, there are a ton of situations where you can't do this. if this change was made, he'd be one of the best champs in the game
  • Options

yeah it guess it would be kinda op because you would just never take damage if you kept cycling sp2s. obviously, there are a ton of situations where you can't do this. if this change was made, he'd be one of the best champs in the game

I don’t understand. You’re saying that by consuming an indestructible charge to negate recoil damage he would never take damage? Without suicides, he would get 3 charges, so recoil consuming one would leave him with less resilience to attacks.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    JChanceH9 said:

I don’t understand. You’re saying that by consuming an indestructible charge to negate recoil damage he would never take damage? Without suicides, he would get 3 charges, so recoil consuming one would leave him with less resilience to attacks.
    I was thinking along the lines of damage over time effects. if he took damage from one of those, would a charge be removed?
  • Options

JChanceH9 said:

I was thinking along the lines of damage over time effects. if he took damage from one of those, would a charge be removed?
    I was thinking about it negating recoil to allow his to be a little more flexible, but I guess the same conversation could be had regarding dot. That might be a little too OP, essentially making him immune to everything as long as you could keep a charge up. Honestly, that would probably bring him into the meta; however, a change that extreme wasn’t what I was proposing.