**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Delta Man-Thing Tips

Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
What are some options for the Man-Thing in the new Boss Rush?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Bwcv in poison mod worked well. Nullifies regen and fury, gain charges when poisoned, power steal on sp2 - perfect for that fight
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Red hulk works nice
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    She Hulk works good on him.
    Don’t dex till you reach sp2, after firing it the petrify negates the spite power gain, and it’s literally an easy fight.
    Quake parry method works good also 😉
  • Options
    ShtickRickShtickRick Posts: 210
    Quake and bake, not shake because of spite
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Omega red did the fight fine for me
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

I've heard quake can handle spite but you have to time it when they are concussed but not stunned. I did it once a while ago
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    Nebula poison immune, shock immune and powerlock on sp1
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Red Guardian .. because whenever there's a node that punishes buffs ... I say RG let's go lol
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    Took domino.
  • Options
    Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Sunspot destroyed him
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Ahem:

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

His power gain is ridiculous. I don’t have a single answer to him in my roster.

Just use a champ that doesn't naturally trigger buffs and try not to dex too much. Power controllers work well so he can't poison you. So do non-robot poison immunes and Quake. If you show your roster, I'm sure we could come up with something.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★

His power gain is ridiculous. I don’t have a single answer to him in my roster.

Post your roster

• Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

Got him with Quake and Shake.
  • Options
    laxthelaxthe Posts: 51
    I tried at least 15 times with my r4 5* omega red unduped but he fills sp3 every time. The best i was able to pull off was leaving him with 50% health. :neutral:
  • Options
    Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★
    Doom. I just went fast and lost 25% health
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    I struggled against him on my first attempt by focusing on using poison immune champs. Rulk, CapIW (with skill) did decent damage but got KO’d by Man-Thing’s SP3 (or SP2 spamming chip damage.

i thought by not dexing at all I’d be able to handle to Spite node. But it seemed to me that Man-Thing’s Toxic pustule buff was triggering spite. Since this is an unavoidable buff from Man-Thing triggering any specials, the power gain from spite is unavoidable.

Since it is Spite causing the KO as opposed to Poison, in my opinion controlling the power is more important.

Instead of poison-immune route, I instead went the Spite counter route. I used Void and his Petrifies. Controls power gain, does damage without pushing him to his specials. Worked extremely well.

I’d imagine other petrify champs would work well (She Hulk in particular is also poison immune; CapIW + Tech + Skill should also work). BWCV could get to poison mode and ensure always have a SP2 on hand to prevent Man-Thing from getting to SP3.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Omega red
  • Options
    DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    She hulk
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    4* Dormammu.
  • Options
    BsuGuyBsuGuy Posts: 138
    CAPIW worked with very little health lost (also had Fury on the team to cleanse the poison off)
  • Options
    Zenn_LaZenn_La Posts: 84
    One shotted him with Human Torch. I took like 90% damage since he’s only at r4 but managed to melt him down pretty quick with Nova flame on. Tried a couple other poison immune champs first but the Spite kept getting me killed by the Sp3 and Warlocks power drain wasn’t working well. Torch made him throw his Sp1 a lot since he kinda freaks out that he’s on fire.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    CAIW all the way (but I used 5*r5)

JV used 4* only
    https://youtu.be/G1KpdBxEhcY
  • Options
    Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    And here I was thinking that my six star joe fixit would be of any use 😂😂😂, is it even worth trying with him??