**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Just pulled this beauty...quick question???

SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 495 ★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hey...I’ve heard he doesn’t need to awakened to be good.

I have 3 generic AG, 1 mutant, 1 tech, and 1 cosmic.

Is it worth pulling the trigger on using a generic AG?

Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 495 ★★

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    not a generic, no
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yes, since you have 3, I would say so.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Rank him up before you throw the gem on him. You don’t know when you could magically dupe him from a crystal. Wait until he is a playable level before going all in with other rare resources.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Nah m8 trash tier innit just chuck 'im in the bin bruv
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I’d definitely toss a generic on him once you have at r4 or r5. His awakened ability really isn’t necessary but it makes playing him sooooo much smoother and more enjoyable.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,436 ★★★★
    Generic AGs are too precious to spend where they're not necessary. Doom doesn't need to be woke and even though you have 3 Generics I'd still save them for other champs who really NEED to be awakened.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Generic AGs are too precious to spend where they're not necessary. Doom doesn't need to be woke and even though you have 3 Generics I'd still save them for other champs who really NEED to be awakened.

I've been sitting on two forever. Have class gems for most classes. The only one I've used so far was on CAIW who is good unawakened. With 6*s taking over the generics are getting less valuable. I'd use one on Doom for sure if I were sitting on three.
  • Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    I say yes. The main awakened ability is a power gain after you nullify an opponents power gain. Not a big deal?

On the surface I agree, until you hit more challenging content where you're playing him right on the edge against a power gain champ (meaning they are popping fast to SP3, and you need to get off an SP1 or SP3 before it's lights out)

Can't tell you how many times that extra bit of power gain took a fight from certain loss to quick win. Once you get doom into his cycle it's over in a fight like that.

Just my experience, having r5 max sig and 6* r2 unduped. I feel the difference in certain fights. He's always gonna be in your starting 5...so it's a good investment.

Last thing, the post above is great advice - don't use AG's until you get the champ to r5.
  • DeejDeej Posts: 108

I agree. I think people underrate doom's awakened ability.

With that said, I kept him unduped until I got him to r5/65. When I didn't dupe him naturally by a little while afterwards, I used a mystic gem on him. I'm very happy! I didn't take him to max sig but I give him stones when I can. And I still haven't pulled him from a crystal again...
    Xguard77 said:

I say yes. The main awakened ability is a power gain after you nullify an opponents power gain. Not a big deal?

On the surface I agree, until you hit more challenging content where you're playing him right on the edge against a power gain champ (meaning they are popping fast to SP3, and you need to get off an SP1 or SP3 before it's lights out)

Can't tell you how many times that extra bit of power gain took a fight from certain loss to quick win. Once you get doom into his cycle it's over in a fight like that.

Just my experience, having r5 max sig and 6* r2 unduped. I feel the difference in certain fights. He's always gonna be in your starting 5...so it's a good investment.

Last thing, the post above is great advice - don't use AG's until you get the champ to r5.