**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Void - Rank him up or wait?

VIRTUOSO47VIRTUOSO47 Posts: 35
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So, I pulled a 5* Void some time ago and he is sitting at R1. I was wondering, should I rank him up? I don't have a good 5* science champ and was wondering if Void was a really niche champion or not. I am not really interested in champs like Sym Supreme who are good for only some select fights and suck at all others. Outside of regeneration fights, is he any good for general questing? I mean, I understand that he is very good with regeneration reversal but I don't see any reason why he should be considered beyond God tier. Am I being dumb? I don't have much experience playing with him but please enlighten me, guys, why is he considered beyond God tier? I became cavalier a few months ago and, looking at the direction the new events are going towards, it would be great to have one awesome champion in every class. Should I invest on Void? I can awaken him and take him up to Sig 100. So, should I rank him up or wait for a better science champ? Please feel free to drop your opinions.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    void is nice.
    he does passive damage from any debuffs, this gets around dot power gain nodes, and nodes where you are limited in your amount of hits.
    He can reverse healing
    he can reverse non combat power gain nodes, and champs.
  • Options
    The million dollar question is whether he has moderate damage, though. His basic hits deal noodle damage from the videos I have seen. Does his degen compensate for that? Does he perform well even in fights where he can't reverse regeneration? I really don't want to rank him up if he is useful for a fight that comes up every once in a while, and just sit on the shelf and do nothing at other times.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Who are your other science champs?
  • Options
    Oh, and I forgot to mention. I just did an initial run of Variant 4. Exploration of V4 and completion and exploration of all other variants are still left for me.
  • Options

Who are your other science champs?

She-Hulk and Spidergwen
  • Options

Here's a list of my other science champs. I don't like any others I have. Void looked promising.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    If you can awaken Void, do it and take him up. If you can't awaken him, I'd hold off for someone else, or a gem. She Hulk is terribly underrated and will help you a lot with some tricky nodes.
  • Options
    CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    edited August 2020

The million dollar question is whether he has moderate damage, though. His basic hits deal noodle damage from the videos I have seen. Does his degen compensate for that? Does he perform well even in fights where he can't reverse regeneration? I really don't want to rank him up if he is useful for a fight that comes up every once in a while, and just sit on the shelf and do nothing at other times.

Dup with good level is where the damage shows up. When I was on act 5 with max 4 stars, he was my main champion for almost every situation. Now I have max 5 star sig 10 (or near) and he's more like a flex spot during quests
  • Options
    Ciciliato said:

Dup with good level is where the damage shows up. When I was on act 5 with max 4 stars, he was my main champion for almost every situation. Now I have max 5 star sig 10 (or near) and he's more like a flex spot during quests
    I can take mine up to Sig 100. When you say flex spot, you mean he has no practical use for you? Or are you saying you have other better champions?
  • Options
    CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302

Ciciliato said:

I can take mine up to Sig 100. When you say flex spot, you mean he has no practical use for you? Or are you saying you have other better champions?
    He's very useful but low sig I only use for Mephisto and others incinerate, heal/power gain reversal or Cap IW science synergy. At sig 100 I would rank him
  • Options
    Ciciliato said:

Ciciliato said:

He's very useful but low sig I only use for Mephisto and others incinerate, heal/power gain reversal or Cap IW science synergy. At sig 100 I would rank him
    I see. So, you have a Cap IW. That's why you are not investing sig stones on Void.