**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How about someone tells us what long term plans are instead of surprising us a week or 2 beforehand?

Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
I guess this is a suggestion, or maybe an attempt to hold the makers of this game accountable for what they promised us: open communication.

The change to the 5* crystal is a big change to the meta of how the game works, impacting where you should be spending the rarest of resources (5* shards, t4cs, t2as). While I think ultimately this is a positive change for the game, it is being sprung on us in a time horizon much shorter than it should have been. As part of the compromise between the community and the developers, it was promised that there would be improved communication between the developers and the customer base. 13 days notice on a change this large, with impacts on how people treat the scarcest of resources... it is not remotely enough notice. I suspect at the end of this, there will have to be some sort of rank-down tickets doled out. In the future, we can avoid all of this if you guys just take the time to speak with us.

This change I imagine was discussed by the developers for quite some time. What should be happening is that somewhere along that road, the community is brought into that discussion and given an opportunity to provide feedback. It does not need to be super formal, and it does not need to spoil the mystery of what is coming in the game. In this case, what should've happened in probably the late February / early March time frame was a thread about this coming change. Something where the development team states their goals for the change, how they are considering implementing it, and approximately when they intend to do it. Then, the community would offer feedback. The community would have to also be able to understand that their feedback may not be implemented always, and that the ultimate decision does not reside with them, and also that whatever is being discussed might not actually come to pass. The point is to have the conversation. That way, the player base does not ever get caught off guard reacting to large changes. And the developers might find ways to improve upon their ideas too. It should be a win/win.

When 12.0 happened, the community took drastic measures to be heard, and you promised us you would hear us then, and moving forward. Is this no longer the case? Were those promises empty? If not, listen to us again and set something like I described up. It is that or continue to be perceived as tone deaf and continue to bleed out your user base. I believe it will be better for the players and the developers to have an invested player base as a stakeholder in the future of the game. It would certainly increase satisfaction with changes, and it would likely result in more invested players that would generate more revenue.

Comments

• Options
    Also, I can't figure out how to edit my post to correct typos, does the new forum lack an edit button?
  • Options
    MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    edited May 2017
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Also, I can't figure out how to edit my post to correct typos, does the new forum lack an edit button?

there is a gear beside the post title, I should say the header bar with your name on it. but you do have a time limit before it expires.
  • Options
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

there is a gear beside the post title, I should say the header bar with your name on it. but you do have a time limit before it expires.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Need a reply on this one please.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Well they want to be more transparent, so instead of you finding out after the update you find out after the $500 offer, but hey that's before the update.

#progress
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I'm sure they were unaware at the time the deal was released........like always.
  • Options
    This isn't really true. They sort of did give us info on a very long term plan. The final introductions of the featured 5* in the basic Crystals​ will last right upto January 2018, if 8 months isn't advanced​ enough, I don't know what is...
  • Options
    Also, they don't have to give spoilers​ on everything they're working on. Doing that gives you alliance bases or alliance emblem
  • Options
    Riegel wrote: »
    Well they want to be more transparent, so instead of you finding out after the update you find out after the $500 offer, but hey that's before the update.

#progress

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the offer team and the development team didn't communicate with each other much.
  • Options
    This isn't really true. They sort of did give us info on a very long term plan. The final introductions of the featured 5* in the basic Crystals​ will last right upto January 2018, if 8 months isn't advanced​ enough, I don't know what is...

It begins in under 2 weeks. You're silver lining this IMO. The paradigm shift begins May 30th, not in 2018.
  • Options
    Also, they don't have to give spoilers​ on everything they're working on. Doing that gives you alliance bases or alliance emblem

I felt I addressed both of these concerns in the OP.
  • Options
    Maxim_86296Maxim_86296 Posts: 27
    WOW I just stumbled upon this forum post and thought it was relevant. I guess I was wrong. 😂